Mix Ratio gone pear shaped!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaffacake

Malamute Geek!
Reaction score
Has anyone else been having probs with L&P mix ratio and application in this hot weather? Hope so otherwise its just me that's gone to pot!!

I have tried wetter, drier etc but still cant seem to get it right :cry:

I attempted to do a rebalance on myself last night and they came out so horrendous that I ended up soaking the whole set off :irked:. I originally had twilight on my tips and decided to go with regular white for the rebalance but it wouldnt seem to adhere? I do find it difficult doing my own nails anyway but these were awful, like my 1st attempts at L&P!!

Please tell me its not just me??.............

Well we always have to be adaptable to temperatures in our profession ...both hot and cold.

Try not to swing too far away from normal mix ratio ... just a tad wetter or drier for hot and cold. Better still try working quicker with the product ... this is good practice for the salon and the perfect weather to do it in (kind of difficult when working on yourself though).

There was a thread about this just a couple of days ago if you want to search it.

Not just you, me too. Had gotten used to being up to pick up the bead just right without thinking about it, have noticed over the last couple of weeks I need to work a bit wetter. I'll probably just get used to that and the hot spell will end! LOL!

I'm a mobile tech and am finding that people having their doors/ windows wide open, or worse, have a fan on is affecting my mix ratio because its acting almost like a hair drier on my L&P!

Put it this way, if you need practice working a bit quicker, this is the perfect opportunity!

Did you make sure you'd removed all traces of shine on your nails before you tried applying your product? Just that it won't adhere very easily if not. You probably did as you were doing a rebalance, just thought I'd ask :D

Enjoy the summer! I'm due to have a baby in 3 weeks so I'm just dying for it to rain!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes, there was no shine at all, all prepped to perfection........ its hard to explain really, but it was almost like laying ready roll icing onto a cake?...... didnt want to bond with the product that was already on my nail, just sort of laid on top, and I could have peeled it off in a whole sheet before it set properly. As i was trying to pat with my brush it was clinging to it and trying to lift up again..... very wierd......

Thanks for the replies anyway, feel a bit better knowing that its not just me! x

Latest posts

Back