MMA soak off!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonjovirock4eva

Reaction score
hi there was wondering if you could help?
ive had a client in today and she had been to the local nss (theres 2 in the centre and im slap bang in the middle of them!:irked:) ive removed them for her which took me 2hrs! and shes coming back tommorrow for a nno ive not charged her so far! but my normal soak off is £10 but this took me twice as long and ive got to replace my files do you think i should add a little extra or be grateful that i have converted her to NEVER go there again?
her nails were not good underneath there was a hole in 1 of them but was at the free edge so managed to file it down
the best of it is she has amazing nails and nail beds but likes the added strength of acrylic as she works in a bar........... oh and i have very itchy hands! :irked::irked::irked:

EEK! OK, with the itchy hands, thats probably an allergic reaction, happens a lot with removing MMA (and EMA sometimes too).....make sure from now on you wear some gloves if you even suspect MMA.

Same with the files, I keep some 80 and 100 grit on the side to use if I need to remove MMA (hasn't happened overmuch yet here in NZ, but I know the day is coming....) Anytime you suspect MMA you should ditch the files anyway.....

Now you know....the next time you run across this, make sure you charge for the removal and I would charge more than 10 pounds as well. All that work, you should get paid for it!

Good Luck

hi there was wondering if you could help?
ive had a client in today and she had been to the local nss (theres 2 in the centre and im slap bang in the middle of them!:irked:) ive removed them for her which took me 2hrs! and shes coming back tommorrow for a nno ive not charged her so far! but my normal soak off is £10 but this took me twice as long and ive got to replace my files do you think i should add a little extra or be grateful that i have converted her to NEVER go there again?
her nails were not good underneath there was a hole in 1 of them but was at the free edge so managed to file it down
the best of it is she has amazing nails and nail beds but likes the added strength of acrylic as she works in a bar........... oh and i have very itchy hands! :irked::irked::irked:

My first question is... why haven't you charged her already?? Always always charge for your time... I'm not sying she won't come back, but, what if she doesn't come back? Chances are she will and all will be well but BE CAREFUL - you could have given 2 hrs for nothing!

As to the soak off charge... in a situation like this you need to look at an hourly cost for your time. For example, a normal soak-off is £10.00 but if they have MMA on and it takes 2 hours... that's two hours when you could have been making £40 for a full set! If 30 mins is your normal soak off time then 2 hrs would be £40.00... The NN overlay you perform should be on top of this and hopefully - when you use your most professional voice on why going to a reputable salon can be the difference between trashed and beautiful... she will appreciate your work and be happy to pay for it properly!

We can go buy a £40 dress from Top Shop that may wash poorly and look like rubbish or we can go to Chanel and buy a £2000 dress that we dry clean and it lasts forever. But do we ever go to Chanel with our £40 dress and complain that it should have washed better?? Of course not because we know Chanel would laugh and say - 'well what do you expect'??? Does that make sense??

You are great tek - charge what YOU are worth and do NOT compremise! hope this helps! :!:

good point there regarding the soak off time - i wil suggest that at our salon............but.....dont you think if you charge double for a soak off the client WONT come back cos she will think its too much for a soak off

just had a thought - bling - tell the client beforehand about the cost of the soak off (cos of the time etc) she agrees or doesnt - easy

Latest posts

Back