mobile equipment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mariannet

Reaction score
hi i am about to qualify in a few weeks and i am planning on going .mobile. Where can i find a cheap nail table and stool. What do you use for pedicures when mobile. Any help would be appreciated, also if you have any other advice on going mobile.:rolleyes:

Hiya,

I used a silver trolley case with seperate compartments in and never bothered with a mobile table as I always had clients with their own tables.

I'd try using the search option above, as lots of peeps have asked similar questions before and I'm sure you'll find lots of info to keep you busy for some time!

Don't forget, you will also require INSURANCE which will cover you to work on the public and all your electrical equipment will need to be PAT tested too. (This applies to salon based & mobiles)

Hi Mariannet,

I have a table i had made for me a few years back which is cheaper, but quick solution i know of is a table which has a chair attached on each side, all folds together, perfect for doing nails, in Netto!! My friend saw it and said it was perfect but ive already got one! Only £10 hun, well worth a buy.:)

I got my folding nail tech table from ebay, only cost £55.00, its white with wheels and has a padded arm rest on it, I bought my stool from Ikea, cost £20, its the Traktor on wheels, really comfy and height adjustable. They are both quite small and would fit in a boot, though I do not work mobile, I know they would be ideal as I wanted something small enough to put away when not working on nails. Hth

Last edited:
hi thanks for the info. Where did you see the table with chairs attached

hi i am about to qualify in a few weeks and i am planning on going .mobile. Where can i find a cheap nail table and stool. What do you use for pedicures when mobile.

I use an inflatable foot bath which i found in Sallys for under a fiver! It's great - takes a min to blow up and then when you finished just let it down again. Fits nicely in my case. Great invention!!!:green:

perfect ten is that table still adviable did u say its from netto

I use a mobile nail table which I bought at a great price off a fellow geek as I then don't have the owrry of getting monomer on a clients table, etc plus clients plus clients don't alway have a proper table as I found to my costs! I have a foot bath that I take and that its so far for equipment that I take.

I got a mobile table through Sweet Squared which is lovely! It wasn't as cheap as some of the previous posters stuff tho!!!!

I'm also intending to purchase a pedicure stool something similar to this one:-

Pedicure%20stool%20(SY7086).jpg

I have a trolley with drawers to put all my stuff in, on top is a padded seat and there is a little work table...

MANICURE TROLLEY , MANICURE STATION, TROLLEY WITH SEAT on eBay, also, Manicure Kits, Nails Manicure Pedicure, Health Beauty (end time 15-Jul-08 21:15:23 BST)

I've been mobile for a year, and I wasn't sure how well this design would work.

- how much does it weigh? Does it fit easily in a car? Is it cumbersome to carry? If you pick it up, do all the drawers fall open?

- the work table is tiny!! Plus, if you had something on the table (like a UV lamp), and you had to get up, I can see the whole thing toppling over.

- I think it would be really bad body mechanics to sit on the seat and reach down to the drawers.

For the people that already have one - how does it work for you?

I have a mobile folding table with I prefer to work on - it's big enough, it's a good height, and I'm directly across from my client. If I spill, it doesn't hurt anything. I've got a strap put on it so I can carry it on my shoulder if my hands are full. I just use a dining room chair rather than pack a stool around - I have enough to carry!!!

I've been mobile for a year, and I wasn't sure how well this design would work.

- how much does it weigh? Does it fit easily in a car? Is it cumbersome to carry? If you pick it up, do all the drawers fall open?

- the work table is tiny!! Plus, if you had something on the table (like a UV lamp), and you had to get up, I can see the whole thing toppling over.

- I think it would be really bad body mechanics to sit on the seat and reach down to the drawers.

For the people that already have one - how does it work for you?

I have a mobile folding table with I prefer to work on - it's big enough, it's a good height, and I'm directly across from my client. If I spill, it doesn't hurt anything. I've got a strap put on it so I can carry it on my shoulder if my hands are full. I just use a dining room chair rather than pack a stool around - I have enough to carry!!!

I got one of these initially and although it fit easily into the car was quite heavy and i did find the table too small for me. The other thing was that if i stood up from the stool without moving the table back over it did topple over and nearly fell on my clients foot. I stopped using it after that. tried a rubberwood one and again found it too small when doing gel's especially. ended up with a collapsible picnic table from argos and it works for me! :)

I've got one of these manicure stool tables and I find it tips if you don't move top back, also find that draws fall out sometimes. I did keep my tips in bottom draw and found that one day the whole lot fell out and I spent ages picking them up and sorting sizes out (nightmare).
I think I will buy a collapsible picnic table from argos as someone else has said, and at least you have room to lay your products out. I think they are quite reasonable too!
I use a footstool to sit on whilst doing pedicures

I got mine 2nd hand (although it was still in box and unused) mine is a better quality one than i showed before that is for sale on ebay. The work top is a little small but i have got used to it, the drawers dont really fall out on mine as they push in and then drop down a little so that they dont just slide out if you get what i mean. mine doesnt topple over as i have so much stuff in it that the weight keeps it sturdy! I find it quite practical as its just that that i have to take with me as everything is stored in the drawers.

I've got one of these manicure stool tables and I find it tips if you don't move top back, also find that draws fall out sometimes. I did keep my tips in bottom draw and found that one day the whole lot fell out and I spent ages picking them up and sorting sizes out (nightmare).
I think I will buy a collapsible picnic table from argos as someone else has said, and at least you have room to lay your products out. I think they are quite reasonable too!
I use a footstool to sit on whilst doing pedicures

Can I ask what footstool you use? I have been looking for one and the only one I can find is a fold up camping one but I think it's too high. x

I got my mobile nail table from Carlton Hair & Beauty (on the web). It cost me about £50 and is virtually identical to many I have seen advertised at over £125. As yet I have nowt for pedicures, except a foot spa that my mum got (brand new) for me from my local Sally Army charity furniture store for £2. It's fab, bubbles. keeps heat, brand new from boots! Bit of a bargain I reckon as it hadn't even been taken out of the original packaging!

Regards
Alison

you could look at camping tables too, thats what i used, they are designed to be portable, my one had legs that folded underneath and was a great height and size!

my top tip.... an extension lead!

I got my mobile nail table from Carlton Hair & Beauty (on the web). It cost me about £50 and is virtually identical to many I have seen advertised at over £125. As yet I have nowt for pedicures, except a foot spa that my mum got (brand new) for me from my local Sally Army charity furniture store for £2. It's fab, bubbles. keeps heat, brand new from boots! Bit of a bargain I reckon as it hadn't even been taken out of the original packaging!

Regards
Alison

I always laugh at how many of my clients tell me "I have a foot spa like that somewhere in the loft - I've never used it!! To be honest, even though I've got one and use it all the time with clients, I never have time to use it myself!!!!

One thing to keep in mind - if you have one that has bubble jets, it darn near impossible to completely disinfect the inner workings of the spa. If you have a client with a foot fungus or anything else contagious, your whole clientele will have it if you can't clean the spa completely.

I have a foot spa that vibrates and keeps heat, but is a solid "bowl" (does not have bubble jets, although the vibration makes lots of bubbles when I put my soaking solution in it). I line it with a new white plastic bin bag (you can use pedispa liners as well - I'm just frugal! If you look in odd places, you can find bags in different colours as well), in addition to thoroughly cleaning it between each client.

As far as my setup, I'm actually quite happy sitting crosslegged on the floor in front of my client (I try to make sure they are in a very comfy chair, although they tend to like to lean over to watch me!). I always have lots of towels, and my case is on the floor next to me so I can reach everything.

ONe thing I've found that works really well is that my pedispa has a bit of a "ledge" where the controls are - when it comes time for working on each foot, I have my client set her heel on that ledge so she's not got her foot right on the floor (closer for me, plus more comfortable for her). Even after I finish my salt scrub and massage, I dry the feet, push the footspa back a bit, and my client keeps her feet resting on it while I finish the polish. Better for my body mechanics too!!!

Latest posts

Back