Mobile nail tech... Help :-)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emma-angel

Reaction score
Good morning geeks!

I was just wondering how many mobile nail techs offer liquid & powder enhancements? Are any clients ever put off by the smell being in there home? Would love to hear your views:biggrin:

Also, what is everyone charging for shellac?

thank you geeks

Emma x x x

I used to be mobile and Most of the clients knew it smelt so didn't mind, I tried to keep the smell to a minimal though by only getting the monomer out when I needed it and cleaning my dish after I had finished applying the acrylic. I also took all my rubbish with me, the worst for me which made me convert to a home salon was my car STANK!!!! Constantly no matter how careful I was I don't know why!! I hated people getting in it. X

You can get odourless systems now! I use the Tammy Taylor odourless system. :)

i was mobile for sometime, n all of my clients didnt mind the smell of the acrylic, they wasnt bothered aslong as they was gettin beautiful nails. I would do the same as snuggles said -- Put the acrylic monomer away when i had finished with it, n all my rubbish i would ask them nicely to dipose in the outside bin, or i would take the rubbish with me, so that the house didnt stay smelling for the rest of the day/night. x

Thanks ladies:biggrin:

x x

The very best thing you can do as a mobile tech re: smell is use a metal bin. Metal traps the vapour inside which contains the smell inside. My clients never even comment on smell and my car never smells at all.

I offer L&P as a mobile nail tech and it has never been an issue with my clients.
Like others have said I take all rubbish with me as I leave.

As a soon-to-be mobile nail tech I can talk from the "other side of the fence" as this journey and career path started for me from my mobile nail tech coming to me.

She always made sure the room was well ventilated with the windows or doors open and to be honest, you don't notice the smell as much because you WANT it done if you know what I mean?

Hth

X

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I find the worst people for complaining of the smell is MEN!!! If a clients other half comes home while I am doing nails, I always get a "oh my god that stinks" from them.. I expect it now. Women dont mind the smell, most quiet like it I find. xx

I find the worst people for complaining of the smell is MEN!!! If a clients other half comes home while I am doing nails, I always get a "oh my god that stinks" from them.. I expect it now. Women dont mind the smell, most quiet like it I find. xx
Totally agree x

:biggrin: thats made me laugh because my other half is one of those MEN! Lol!

Thanks again ladies, you hav put my mind at rest.

Prior to making the appointment I will advise the client that the product has a strong smell and that I will need to work in a well ventilated room, somewhere with an open window. I always take an empty jar with a lid to decant my monomer into. Once decanted, I put the lid on until it needs to be used. I also have a bin liner pegged underneath my table and when finished, take all of my rubbish with me to put in my bin, not theirs. I don't dispose of the monomer until I am home either.
I do agree with some of the previous posts, most clients are fully aware of the smell and it doesn't bother them in the slightest.
xxx

Latest posts

Back