More ways to promote your business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fabulous thread xx

I can't remember where I got the link from but someone on here recommended moo.com for their free offer of fifty Facebook cards...well they have just arrived in the post and they are stunning.

An absolute must have and interesting as they are different to most business cards. I will definitely be repurchasing when these run out. To give a bit of comparison they are faaaar better quality than the Vistaprint cards I paid for!

I'm planning on giving them away at pamper events or fetes etc to try direct people to the Facebook page.

Had to share! Thanks for the original link - I think it was Blue? Xx

has anyone advertised with wowcher as im considering it but would like some feed back before i go ahead? any experiences would be great :biggrin:

What I do on Twitter is go to the search option put in a 1 to 5 mile radius then search 'spray tan' or 'nails' or whatever your treatment is. Bam - you find all your customers! Then reply to all of them suggesting your services.

does twitter pick up were i live and uses that for radius? if i put in the town i live do i need to put the city in too eg hertfordshire?:D

Just thought I'd share details of a printer I've used recently. I ordered 1000 a5 full colour doubled sided flyers, my own design just done in publisher, and they were £39 incl. Vat and delivery. Turned round in under a week, customer service was fab and when I did a rough count I actually had around 1800! leafletfrog: printing leaflets, flyers, brochures, posters, postcards etc.

Quality was fine too.

Hth :D

Hi chaps!
I've just spent a couple of hours sending emails to all the local golf clubs, day nurseries and independent schools offering a gift voucher for their Christmas Fayres/Raffles/Draws.
Given that of the several hundred pounds worth of gift vouchers I have sold only 3 have been redeemed, I decided that it was worth a gamble. It gets my name into even more local venues (I shall drop off a load of flyers when I drop off the gift voucher) and puts me in a good light in the eyes of the local businesses.
Already I have had one of the clubs ring to take me up on the offer!
Remember to keep promoting your business during these straitened times!
:)
Hi!Did you sell them,or offer them complimentary?
xxx

Lordy, it was so long ago I can scarcely remember!
I think I gave them FOC.

Just marking to read through later :)

Took some advice form Geeks on here and am not exhibitioning at a local Summer Fete at a care home :)

I'll just be on hand offering file and polish (been so long since I did that I wonder how I'll cope!Shellac has a lot to answer for!) and back/neck/shoulder massage.

I'll be charging a small fee for each treatment and the care home will be getting a donation from that, but I was thinking of putting together the wee gift bags etc and trying to sell those plus gift vouchers etc. Hoping it'll be a busy wee day for me though, just looking for some exposure as I work from home :D

Quite excited now so thank you geeks!!

Caroline

wow i love this thread i sat last night reading through it all writing things down that i could do and got on the mission today of emailing people.
1 answer im doing a raise money for new majorette uniforms i get to paint nails, raise money and hand out leaflets :)

thank you so much this threat is amazing

Just marking to read through later x

Just a quick idea for everyone, I am holding a Ladies Pamper Night using a room in a local social club, I have a Bluebella rep there organising games etc and also an FM Perfume rep and I will also be there with my nail equipment, it's generally a way of getting my name out there but I will be doing file and polish and also gel polish at reduced rates. Will be handing out many flyers and business cards... will report back to let you know if it has been a success or not...!

Not sure if this has been suggested on here but I have started giving out flyers w
ith a discount on to all the mums when I take the kids to our local playgym. I handed 8 out the other day and got 2 bookings straight away!

Love the idea of a chalk board with a daily offer! Just text my boss to order one :lol:

does twitter pick up were i live and uses that for radius? if i put in the town i live do i need to put the city in too eg hertfordshire?:D

Twitter search has a neat trick that not many people know about - if you enter "near:{location]" you can find tweets from around that specific location.

As a quick example, this search would find tweets made near our location in Cannock, Staffordshire, within a 5 mile radius.

Can come in really useful if you're looking for local people tweeting.

Amazing thread - my head is bursting with :Love:new ideas!<3 <3

Amazing ideas, really helpful. Thank you!! Have all these ideas helped with your business?

I need to contact local school and buisnesses offering pamper nights/ corporate pampering. I do not have a clue how to word the letter/email please please please someone help me!!!

Latest posts

Back