More ways to promote your business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a great thread.... I am setting up a home based salon from nothing..no clients just plenty of enthusiasm! Will be starting by contacting local businesses offering introductory deals with a freebie for the business owner ..
Would love to hear what has worked best for other geeks... : )

OMG WHY have I only just stumbled across this thread?! So many amazing ideas that I have already emailed a bunch of contacts asking if I could donate a prize or set up a table at events! I've also got a list of local businesses (bridal shops etc) that I'm going to send a little taster voucher to once my FREE business cards from Moo (link below) are sent to me.

MOO Business Cards | Create your customised business card online | moo.com

I feel so refreshed and positive from this thread and I've learned a valuable lesson - don't just rely on Facebook!

xx

Those moo cards are brilliant, its where I got mine from!

I'm only on page 30 of this amazing thread, but my tip is join loads of groups on Facebook. I joined wedding and for sale groups with my personal page and then posted a link to my business page on the groups, and occasionally bump it. I also joined the nct group and recently noticed they are doing a fashion show. I contacted them and offered to do the makeup for free in exchange for advertising, and I'll also do a discount voucher for the raffle. Hopefully that'll help draw in xmas business! I also helped set up a local beauty directory. So its a group for all beauty, nails, hair, for pros to advertise and people to search for therapists. Yes competition is there but there aren't many muas around my area, and I have a good reputation which helps a lot x

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Some amazing ideas...as I'm just starting out I will have to go through this whole thread with a pen and paper and make a note of all the great ideas :)

Just a thought, I have actually just mentioned this in another post and thought it may be relevant?

But team up with a local personal trainer. If you do massage the 2 services go really really well. You can both refer clients to each other and maybe even do offers together?

Want an instant email database? Well I came up with this idea as I found a discounted product from a supplier which was a skin care capsule, ended being really cheap for a large amount t of them...

Sooo I offered FREE samples via Facebook and instantly get loads of responses!

All it cost me is second class stamps to sen them out but an instant boost of potential warm leads and likes to our Facebook page!

Ok my turn :)
QR codes!!! Here's a video how to make a free one that can be lined to your website or Facebook/ twitter whatever. Then print into business cards, posters, have sticky labels printed with them to pop about town, have them in keyrings, print onto tshirts, even tattoo them on yourself xoxo

Ok my turn :)
QR codes!!! Here's a video how to make a free one that can be lined to your website or Facebook/ twitter whatever. Then print into business cards, posters, have sticky labels printed with them to pop about town, have them in keyrings, print onto tshirts, even tattoo them on yourself xoxo

Love it! You could print it onto flyers and say there's an offer if you follow the QR code which will direct people to your website!

Is there a link to a vid hon? Xx

Can someone explain why people would use qr codes.

I see them everywhere. The only time I use them is via the groupon merchant app to scan the vouchers I get.

I don't know how I'd use them otherwise (in my daily life) and how they would benefit my business. Is it just to drive traffic to your website.

Jemima x

Yes I think it's just a quick easy way to get people to link through to your www

I personally wouldn't use them as a consumer but then I suppose it reaches out to customers in lots of different ways Xx

Can someone explain why people would use qr codes.

I see them everywhere. The only time I use them is via the groupon merchant app to scan the vouchers I get.

I don't know how I'd use them otherwise (in my daily life) and how they would benefit my business. Is it just to drive traffic to your website.

Jemima x

I use them quite often, when I'm in the supermarket DVD section, wen I see one on a product in a shop. I even scan random ones with no info to just see what's about.

I think it would be a great way to give gift vouchers, not everyone has a compatable phone so would limit the amount redeemed, but still gets your name out.

They could also be out into a poster, and when scanned shows a special offer just for the intrigued few. Xoxo

I use them quite often, when I'm in the supermarket DVD section, wen I see one on a product in a shop. I even scan random ones with no info to just see what's about.

I think it would be a great way to give gift vouchers, not everyone has a compatable phone so would limit the amount redeemed, but still gets your name out.

They could also be out into a poster, and when scanned shows a special offer just for the intrigued few. Xoxo

But are they only compatible with blackberry phones? Which are heading out nowadays x

But are they only compatible with blackberry phones? Which are heading out nowadays x

No you can get a QR reader for iPhone x

What a fantastic thread with some great ideas. I have only read a few pages but I will have to sit down and read them all when I have the time. I'm just starting out so this is perfect for me. Thanks for all the great advice.

No, I have a iPhone. They work on windows phones, google and any that has a camera and a way to download apps xoxo

Spent all day going through this thread and registering my business here there and everywhere x I love this thread and so thought I would bump it up x

Thanks Lynn and thanks to everyone else who added ideas x

I had a QR code on my business cards and on Facebook and flyers and my site stats tell me that not one person in a whole year scanned it.
So I ditched it, but my cousin mentioned putting it on stickers and sticking them around town, lamposts, bathrooms etc and that sounded like a good idea, buuuuut I think a better idea would just be putting my web address and a pic of my work on a sticker the same size and sticking that around town! Lol x

It won't be long before QR codes are the new normal. It's still in its infancy!

I think a better idea would just be putting my web address and a pic of my work on a sticker the same size and sticking that around town! Lol x

But people have to remember a web address if they scan a QR code then they will have it up in their phone instantly.

I think I'm going to get a QR code to go to my website, just to be prepared for when they become used lots of the time.

The big companies are using them so I'm sure it won't be long before it filters down to everyone using them.

X

Latest posts

Back