More ways to promote your business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fabulous idea! I am going to copy you shamelessly :)

Yes of course

What an excellent idea. Suppose you could put your fb/website on it as well and say this is how you will find out about the promos.

How do you let them know when offers taking place other than the above?

Marking for later xx

No need to "mark for later", just click on the thread tools at the top and click on "subscribe to this thread"

I have an ornate picture frame in the salon that is between the sections that I put my offers in :) x

sounds like a great idea will give it a try, like you we sell lots of vouchers and they are not all used.

Yes of course

Thank you! They look great, such a simple but effective way of advertising. Love it.....think I may steal this clever idea too ;) x

Not had a single reply from adult clubs and golf clubs... Must be the area.

Advertised on all the free places mentioned on here and still nothing yet. Just 1 through google and 2 through freeindex.

Will see what my mailshot brings.

Got a ladieswholatte meet in 2 weeks so looking forward to that.

Just gotta stay focused and not give up x

Hey sorry this is a little back-dated but in reference to sending advertisements to the adult clubs, you need to go about this in the right way. If you are sending the advertisements to the office/manager then it is likely to go straight in the bin. I suggest you go in there yourself on a quiet evening and speak to some of the girls and ask them to put some flyers/posters up in the changing room. Stripping is very much about looking good, and I know from personal experience the girls all love a good deal! :)

Hey sorry this is a little back-dated but in reference to sending advertisements to the adult clubs, you need to go about this in the right way. If you are sending the advertisements to the office/manager then it is likely to go straight in the bin. I suggest you go in there yourself on a quiet evening and speak to some of the girls and ask them to put some flyers/posters up in the changing room. Stripping is very much about looking good, and I know from personal experience the girls all love a good deal! :)

I agree, I tried to phone a few a while back and got to speak to "The Manager" who was a guy and didn't really think that tanning and nails were that important, he pretty much gave me the brush off by saying they have someone who already dos this for them. You need to speak to the girls, maybe offer a little tan party otpion with Bucks Fizz etc once you get one the others will follow eventually

They weren't that expensive either! Site Not Found

They come I'm strips of 3 key fobs which you just bend to separate and slide on a key ring if you have used all the key rings they send you as well! And I had a box of 435 strips! X

Darn! Website is still down on that link.

I've just bought 100 1 gig USB sticks laser etched with my distribution company name and URL, onto which I will put my brochures, pricelists, general information etc.
They work out at £3 ish each, which is a darn sight cheaper than having a whole of stuff printed, and it looks cool too!
Glen Priest at usb2u.co.uk is the guy to talk to!

I've just bought 100 1 gig USB sticks laser etched with my distribution company name and URL, onto which I will put my brochures, pricelists, general information etc.
They work out at £3 ish each, which is a darn sight cheaper than having a whole of stuff printed, and it looks cool too!
Glen Priest at usb2u.co.uk is the guy to talk to!

I've pinched this idea for my brother!

I will phone my proactiv contact tomorrow to tell them they have a lot of trade waiting on their new website!

This thread is very helpful!

I've been doing Makeup since the end of last year but they were mostly TFP projects so I could start having pictures for my portfolio and a few Special Occasion bookings. I also trained in Manicure/Pedicure (decided to invest in Gelish) and Spray Tanning a month ago. I have a full time job and do mobile beauty on weekday evenings. I also rent a room in a hair salon on saturdays. The salon owner is letting me have the room rent-free until I start getting clients. Haven't had any bookings for Spray Tanning and Gelish however I only opened my website last week. I have facebook, twitter and business cards with loyalty offer but no leaflets yet. Hopefully I'll get some printed next month.

I have spent alot of money of training/kit products and really don't want it to go to waste. I will definately try some of the ideas :)

I spent the whole evening reading through this brilliant thread last night. So far I have,

Gone ahead and started the process for my logo, so that I can get things printed up and get a website,

Made a note of all the upmarket boutique style accommodation that does not offer services, in order to promote there.

Driven around my town, looking at it in a completely different way, looking to see where I can promote, or cross promote and drop leaflets.

I have a question for you Lynne, if you don't mind. I live on an island, so with these boundaries it feels like I should promote to the whole island (I know myself that I would travel anywhere for something or someone good)

But, looking at the boutique accommodation clients it feels like I should be going to them, with them being on holiday. I'm not mobile and would prefer they come to me, but can't help feeling that I would be putting this barrier in the way of getting the work.

What's been your experience with regards to the clients on holiday or on a business trip? Do they comment either way, with regards to coming to you, or you to them? My island is about 12x15 miles and I am on one extreme point of it.

I ordered 100 of these off ebay, but he has since said that I can email him directly and he will knock off the ebay fees.

50 PERSONALISED CHOCOLATE WEDDING FAVOURS | eBay

I have been giving them out to clients at an event I did recently- have been making up little gift bags for people to take. They taste amazing! And they look so professional. I had my logo put on and my business name on the front and my phone number and website on the back. He was so helpful and sent me 6 different designs before I could decide. And they came really quickly.

Just a professional touch as everyone seems to remember food giveaways!

I have a question for you Lynne, if you don't mind. I live on an island, so with these boundaries it feels like I should promote to the whole island (I know myself that I would travel anywhere for something or someone good)

But, looking at the boutique accommodation clients it feels like I should be going to them, with them being on holiday. I'm not mobile and would prefer they come to me, but can't help feeling that I would be putting this barrier in the way of getting the work.

What's been your experience with regards to the clients on holiday or on a business trip? Do they comment either way, with regards to coming to you, or you to them? My island is about 12x15 miles and I am on one extreme point of it.

The ones who have come to me have really enjoyed exploring the locality, and the ones on business have said how nice it is to get out of the hotel!
I don't go to anyone; I'm not able to give of my best in an alien environment.

I ordered 100 of these off ebay, but he has since said that I can email him directly and he will knock off the ebay fees.

50 PERSONALISED CHOCOLATE WEDDING FAVOURS | eBay

I have been giving them out to clients at an event I did recently- have been making up little gift bags for people to take. They taste amazing! And they look so professional. I had my logo put on and my business name on the front and my phone number and website on the back. He was so helpful and sent me 6 different designs before I could decide. And they came really quickly.

Just a professional touch as everyone seems to remember food giveaways!

Have you got a picture of what yours look like? Just curious really. Thanks for the link anyway, I've saved it.

The ones who have come to me have really enjoyed exploring the locality, and the ones on business have said how nice it is to get out of the hotel!
I don't go to anyone; I'm not able to give of my best in an alien environment.

Thank you, I appreciate your opinion.

Have you got a picture of what yours look like? Just curious really. Thanks for the link anyway, I've saved it.

Here is a picture of one of mine (hope it works anyway), but you can literally have anything you want.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/576526_10150715144238005_926849362_n.jpg

You just send him the picture and tell him what you want and he sends some examples back to you. Just put another order in today and he is going on hol on Friday till the 10th, if anyone does contact him and doesn't get a reply.

Latest posts

Back