More ways to promote your business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all for your interest in our services. I have contacted you all as requested either via private message or e-mail and look forward to helping you with your promotional needs in the future.

If anyone else would like to know more about our products then please dont hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards

Eugene

Last edited by a moderator:
^ can you please send me some information. I would really appreciate it.
[email protected]
Thank you:) xx

Thanks you for contacting us, I have sent details across. Please dont hesitate to ask me any questions or if your looking for anything spacific please let me know.

Eugene

Last edited by a moderator:
Just thought I would share a little success story that is directly related to this thread! Way back when this was started Lynne was very passionate about networking groups so I found about about a local one to me and really the world has been my oyster ever since! From this group I met someone very influential who not only becamme a client but also a good friend. She has her own social media marketing business and I attended one of her courses and she really knew her stuff. You think you know what you should be doing with your facebook page but I didnt, I was all offer offer offer, now I dont do offers I dont need to! She gave me advice on how to write a Business plan which I had no idea on, now i have a clear path to follow and I know exactly where my business was going! On top of that she is a regular client who carries my cards about with her as she gets asked about her nails everywhere she goes!!

I met many other people who influenced my business, graphic designer who encouraged me to make a fantastic personal logo and encouraged me to think about it for myself rather than what I was doing which was asking her for ideas!

I'm in contact with local politicians and as a result have the backing at local events of them and have met some shadow cabinet ministers!

Through networking I discovered a whole range of free training for small local businesses that have been invaluable to me, not just as a therapist but as a business owner too!

Add to that the ladies who in the networking meeting now have treatments with me it really was a lot to gain from 1 hour every month!

Last month I was lucky enough to be shortlisted in our local business awards and this week I have been made a finalist in the Countywide awards, none of this would have been in my reach had I not walked into the meeting that day!

I just wanted to spur anyone on who was feeling down as I see a lot of that on here at the mo, you can make your business work! I live in Essex in a heavily saturated market with a lot of competition but with hard work I have made my business something to be proud of!

I look forward to hearing your stories too! :) :)

Just thought I would share a little success story that is directly related to this thread! Way back when this was started Lynne was very passionate about networking groups so I found about about a local one to me and really the world has been my oyster ever since! From this group I met someone very influential who not only becamme a client but also a good friend. She has her own social media marketing business and I attended one of her courses and she really knew her stuff. You think you know what you should be doing with your facebook page but I didnt, I was all offer offer offer, now I dont do offers I dont need to! She gave me advice on how to write a Business plan which I had no idea on, now i have a clear path to follow and I know exactly where my business was going! On top of that she is a regular client who carries my cards about with her as she gets asked about her nails everywhere she goes!!

I met many other people who influenced my business, graphic designer who encouraged me to make a fantastic personal logo and encouraged me to think about it for myself rather than what I was doing which was asking her for ideas!

I'm in contact with local politicians and as a result have the backing at local events of them and have met some shadow cabinet ministers!

Through networking I discovered a whole range of free training for small local businesses that have been invaluable to me, not just as a therapist but as a business owner too!

Add to that the ladies who in the networking meeting now have treatments with me it really was a lot to gain from 1 hour every month!

Last month I was lucky enough to be shortlisted in our local business awards and this week I have been made a finalist in the Countywide awards, none of this would have been in my reach had I not walked into the meeting that day!

I just wanted to spur anyone on who was feeling down as I see a lot of that on here at the mo, you can make your business work! I live in Essex in a heavily saturated market with a lot of competition but with hard work I have made my business something to be proud of!

I look forward to hearing your stories too! :) :)

Wow what a story! So you would definitely say its worth investing in a business advisor then! Was it expensive to do the course? I have NOTHING right now. I've put everything I own into opening a beauty room in a barber shop last month and I'm really wanting some more clients! I make my rent money but that is it right now! Looking for some good ideas on here. Your story is truly inspiring! Well done! I hope I can be as successful as you :) x

Been through the whole thread this morning and made notes so I can work my way through the list and tick things off as I go. I'm also going to put them on a spreadsheet with pop ups so the ideas which work for my company can be repeated annually or at intervals :) thank you Lynne. You are a wealth of knowledge and seem a lovely lady :) Also thank you for my swissdermyl sample pack. Received yesterday :) xxx

I know there is a lot about Facebook but I have found it difficult to dedicate lots of time to think about what I should put on and when- and fit this into my working day.

I have found the scheduling tool brilliant and would recommend it, so on a sunday I go through and schedule my updates, and then during the week I just do my interactive or client postings. I dont want my advertsing time to be sucked up on only Facebook, depsite the number of clients I get through it.

Does anyone know if there is a similar tool for twitter?

Could you pm me some info too please x

What a brilliant thread this is!!
I do hair extensions mobile however I've only recently moved here and don't really know anyone :( messaged schools offering girls discounts for prom. I'm on gum tree, Facebook, loads of free advertising sites, I've leafleted and a website! Does anyone have any advice for me? I just feel like I'm going nowhere as I've only managed to get 1 client so far, I know it's only been two weeks but feel so disheartened x

I'd just like to mention something that has happened to me.

I got a call the other day from a weight watchers representative to offer mini taster massage treatments at an event they are holding as they are opening in a new location in my area. Luckily im free for the event (as it's tomorrow morning!) They've offered to give 800 of my leaflets out in exchange for promoting my business and offering the free treatments at their event.

So my advice is to ask different groups like weight watchers if they're interested in having you there to promote your services in exchange for promoting theirs to your clients too.x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Love this thread, Thank you lynne

You're all very welcome!
I'm such a show off I like to share any and all ideas!

Wow what a story! So you would definitely say its worth investing in a business advisor then! Was it expensive to do the course? I have NOTHING right now. I've put everything I own into opening a beauty room in a barber shop last month and I'm really wanting some more clients! I make my rent money but that is it right now! Looking for some good ideas on here. Your story is truly inspiring! Well done! I hope I can be as successful as you :) x

All it takes is belief and determination. I've not invested in a business advisor I was just lucky that I met some great mentors through networking! I did go to a free session at Action Coach though which was very worthwhile but as I said all the training i have been on has been absolutely free!

You can do it, just get yourself out there and believe in your business! There's some fab ideas on this thread and I wanted to thank Lynne and also prove that they worked!

Good luck and let me know how it goes! :hug:

Just about to make a to do list from this thread! So many ideas xz

I know there is a lot about Facebook but I have found it difficult to dedicate lots of time to think about what I should put on and when- and fit this into my working day.

I have found the scheduling tool brilliant and would recommend it, so on a sunday I go through and schedule my updates, and then during the week I just do my interactive or client postings. I dont want my advertsing time to be sucked up on only Facebook, depsite the number of clients I get through it.

Does anyone know if there is a similar tool for twitter?

Hoot Suite :)

Thanks Nat Nat x

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

No worries Hoot Suite does Facebook inc pages and Linkedin too! :)

I currently rent a room in a hair salon that also has a nail technician and masseuse, and we have just come up with a new idea to gain people's information for my services is to have all clients (from all 3 services) fill out a raffle ticket to go in the draw to win a facial. This way I will be gaining clients details that I never would of had eaccess to previously :)

Latest posts

Back