More ways to promote your business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I do have a lifetime membership with them, and I beat them down to £110 + VAT.
Brass neck? Moi?
;)

Hi Lynne how did you "beat them down?" I never know what to say when I do these deal making situations. You are obviously a pro! :) I would love to make some notes :D

OK, so it goes like this...
Well, that all sounds very interesting - how much this cost?
For a lifetime membership - one off fee, never have to pay a penny again, it would be £150 plus VAT.
Ah, I fear that might be just outside of my price range, so thanks ever so much for considering me but I'll have to pass this time.
Yeah but, blah blah blah,
Thanks but no thanks
Yeah but just think of how much business this will bring you...
Indeed - now if we could bring the price down to say £75 I think we could do business.
Oooof - I wouldn't be able to get it down that far!
So, what would you be able to get it to?
£110?
£100 and you have a deal!
Um, hang on whilst I ask the boss
[At this point they've put you on hold whilst they check their facebook, email, anything personal]
OK, well, he's in a good mood today so he's authorised it!
Lovely, here's my card...

Lynne that's superb!!! Thank you so much! I shall be trying this out when I've got the funds together! :)

Quick summary of the advice so far! and MOST are FREE!

Marketing Ideas

 Email local golf clubs/companies offering a voucher against a treatment
 Contact local hotels without spa’s and offer a voucher for their charity/balls/evening bashes to get your name on the programme
 Wedding shops – ask to take flyers/offer a discount/work with them for brides
 UK Business Directory | Free Business Directory Sign Up Sign up to this site, £1 a keyword and location to drive people to your site!
 Womens marketing forums: Womens Marketing Forum LadiesWhoLatte Women in Business Female Entrepreneurs Networking Online: Business Women's Cafe
 Free marketing forum Free Business Advertising from TheiGroup; The UK's Local Business Directory
 Free marketing book Free Marketing Book
 Free marketing online resource http://www.basingstoke.gov.uk/NR/rd...81D6A5E987E9/0/3339_leisureguides_marketi.pdf
 Free marketing online source Beautyzone - UK Hair and Beauty finder
 Add your business to 118.com https://www.118.com/user/login.mvc?view=AddListing
 Add to scoot Scoot | Add Your Business to Scoot
 Buy some branded keyrings etc Ad Loop Keyrings : Promotional Keyrings : loop key rings : Custom Keyrings
 Join a networking group Find Networking Events - directory of local networking events
 Consider some cheaper stationery to start www.vistaprint.co.uk
 Consider a wedding fayre
 Locate some local hotels/pubs with rooms etc and give a discount to their clients for advertising on their website
 Use FreeIndex - The FREE UK business directory and get testimonials to increase website hits
 Contact local schools and ask them to host a wedding fayre to boost their income and yours
 Free list on Yellowtom - Advert Default
 Add your business to google maps www.google.co.uk/local/add
 Email your clients with offers tailored to them
 Keep an accurate database of clients details
 Free listing at Yell.com the UK's local business search engine - search for London businesses
 Try a 50% off voucher
 Approach big companies such as sales/call centres and offer a voucher for treatments as one of their sales incentive prizes
 Facebook facebook facebook!
 Caterprints Home get printed on catering supplies like coffee cups
 Use Uni and College printers as they are usually a lot cheaper
 Zing Beauty - UK Beauty Sites free beauty listing
 Collaborate with local businesses
 Advertise in clubs/pubs
 Advertise on London Restaurants, Bars, Gigs, Hotels, Events & more
 Six Quick-Hit Marketing Ideas for Social Media read this
 Consider groupon etc but be careful
 Register on here: UK?s No 1 Salon finder - Hairdressers, Beauty Salons, Spa Treatments ... You name it, INAA.com has got it!
 Business women advertising Employ Her.com - Women
 Local newspaper competition/advert

Woweeeee I'm on page 9 of 26 and loving the thread , but this summary it totally fantastic!!!! Thank you Lynne for the get go and thank you Botox boy for the summary ,

I shall continue and read the rest!

Ta Claire xxx

Just wanted to say thankyou, thankyou thankyou Lynne. This thread is amazing, have spent the best part of 3 hours on this last night and just finished reading all 34 pages after another hour this afternoon! Now all I have to do is put it all into place. You have totally inspired me xxx

facebook is the biggest one..

Think this hair and beauty finder app is having a laugh with some places, got my lifetime membership for a complete steal at 4pm on a Friday afternoon!

Hair and beauty finder is so dodgey! They called me sooooo many times and it was the same person each time!
They were saying rubbish like thousands of people download the app each day, we have hundreds of listings, this is amazing etc but when I questioned them they had no answers! Also the price changed everytime they called me! Lol!
The site looks rubbish and when I told them I did not have a Iphone do you have a android version they still tired to sell it to me! Lol why would I buy something I can not use myself?
When I searched tans in my area the same 2 people came up no matter now how times I changed area lol

I would stay well clear!

Found a couple more free websites to advertise on, sorry if they are already on here, I did do a search to check and found nothing so I am hoping these will of use to you lovely geeks....
www.parentandchild.co.uk - seems a lot of people use this site and not a lot of people advertise so this could be a good one
www.thediscdirectory.co.uk

also found these but these may have been mentioned so my apologies in advance
www.locallife.co.uk
www.misterwhat.co.uk

Been sat here all day researching and getting my name out there (sometimes it pays to feel ill, given me a much needed time out to get advertising)) ;)

Definitely a call to action

So Iam now on
qype
zingbeauty
vivastreet
scoot
and hairdressersandsalons!

lovely!

If join huddlebuy on Facebook not only are they offering a free izettle (card machine for your phone) but I just got a free e book 50 Facebook marketing ideas. I'm now going to read it. Hope you all join too for some extra tips! :)

If join huddlebuy on Facebook not only are they offering a free izettle (card machine for your phone) but I just got a free e book 50 Facebook marketing ideas. I'm now going to read it. Hope you all join too for some extra tips! :)

Laura do you think the iZettle is any good...? Xx

Hi Sarah I must admit I haven't needed to use it yet as my clients have had there money at the ready. However there is a lot of people on here that have used it and liked it. :) it's completely free so I thought why not get it anyway. What's there to loose???

The transaction charges are actually quite high. 2.75% on every transaction. What that means in pounds, shillings and pence is that for every £30 set of nails paid for with this you're down 72.5p. I know that doesnt sound a lot but on an annual turnover of 20k you're paying out £550...
On our turnover in the salon we'd be losing over 2k pa.
I appreciate that this would be a good short term solution when you're just starting out, but once you get going look around for cheaper options because you'll quickly come to resent paying out that much!

What's the most effective way to promote yourself via Facebook or twitter??? Is there a few simple tips anyone can offer xx

What's the most effective way to promote yourself via Facebook or twitter??? Is there a few simple tips anyone can offer xx

Just update it regularly, every day or every other day if you can, posting things that will engage your audience, so primarily pictures of your work, news about the brand you use, latest stuff coming out and even the odd question type update that people can join in with. One of my most popular updates last year was even unrelated to nails & beauty and asked what their favourite chocolate bar was, got loads of replies :D So you can make it fun as well as professional, people like that. HTH :hug:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I know this has been mentioned before but it bears repeating.
Keep in touch with your clients regularly using a dedicated bulk email program. I personally use Constant Contact for both the salon and the distribution company, but there are free ones available like Mail Chimp.
I send out no more than 2 a month and without exception it brings in at least two new appointments.
What do I put into them? I might choose something topical like the weather e.g. "your skin will suffer in this cold weather; you might want to consider xxxxx cream which is nourishing and protective"
Even if people don't take up the special offer, or whichever treatment/product I'm promoting what it does do is prompt people to make an appointment anyway, "aha I've been meaning to ring and this just jogged my memory!"

Whichever program you use don't make the mistake of using your normal email software like outlook, hotmail etc when sending out bulk email. It will likely get tagged as spam, and could land you in bother with your ISP.

If you haven't been in touch with your clients lately jump to it! If you're at a loss as to what to say in an email to them drop me a pm with your email address and I'll add you to our lists and you can see what we say to our clients!

This is what I wrote:

Hi there
Please forgive my contacting you this way!
I have recently opened a professional beauty salon in Kingsclere. I would like to offer you a Gift Voucher redeemable against any treatment at my salon as a prize, if you are having a Christmas Fayre or Raffle
If this is acceptable to you perhaps you might contact me on 01xxx xxxxxxx to discuss.
I have taken the liberty of attaching a link to my website so you can see the range of treatments I offer.
Many thanks, and best wishes
Hope you dont mind i shall be stealing your idea :) thanks for this xx

Latest posts

Back