More ways to promote your business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bumping this thread... Ammmmazing. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge. Getting onto some of these as we speak!! Xxx

The salon guinea pig is greak. Love that site x

Oh my days I think this will take for ever to read haha! And with a 4 month ok that isn't easy. I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I'm currently doing a mobile hair extensions business!! It's not picking up what's so ever which is annoying lol! I've done a few an got pictures and people say my works fab which is good they ask for the price which believe me is very very low ad they so "ok thank you ill leave it I think I'll go somewhere cheaper"!!! Now £175-230 for a full head of extensions and a aftercare pack is dirt cheap!! Please can anyone help me I set this up as money for my baby when she's older and I really don't want to fail ...thank you x

It seems like the best types of marketing nowadays are through the smartphone.

Yelp, Foursquare, Facebook and Styleseat all seem like great solutions coming out to help Salons with getting into their clients mobile devices.

Here is another one that allows you to get your own mobile application which pulls in all the above.

Build Salon Mobile Apps

It's great to think of creative solutions to get more clients but a great way to grow is to get more from current clients (while making sure they're continuously happy) and asking them to tell their friends.

They weren't that expensive either! Www.ProActivCards.co.uk

They come I'm strips of 3 key fobs which you just bend to separate and slide on a key ring if you have used all the key rings they send you as well! And I had a box of 435 strips! X

This website is back up but I think they've changed the quantities. I was told that the minimum order quantity is 700 (if I remember rightly) but I only want to order 250. You'll have to call them as there's no pricing on the website. X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi guys I've been reading through this thread but can't seem to find what I'm looking for (I may have over looked it my apologises).
I want to send a group/mass text out to willing clients every month, I've been googling but not sure what company to do this with ideally I would like minimal cost and something that could possibly save all numbers so I'm not having to redo that every time.

I was wondering if anyone does this and who/what website they use.

Would be greatly appreciated if someone could help x

Hi guys I've been reading through this thread but can't seem to find what I'm looking for (I may have over looked it my apologises).
I want to send a group/mass text out to willing clients every month, I've been googling but not sure what company to do this with ideally I would like minimal cost and something that could possibly save all numbers so I'm not having to redo that every time.

I was wondering if anyone does this and who/what website they use.

Would be greatly appreciated if someone could help x

Have you looked at text local? I haven't used them but read about them.

Jemima :)

We have started using TextLocal recently (past few months) and I think they are fantastic. Can enter a database of numbers, schedule texts, free online texting platform and even embed a pdf or picture (IE Your price list maybe?!).

Costs are 4.9p a text up to a certain amount and get's cheaper as you buy in to the thousands.

Also can have them come from your company name rather than a phone number. BUT if you do this people can't reply.

I might be able to refer you as a friend to get you a discount or some free texts? Not sure. You get 10 when sign up anyway.

Many of our lovely clients now love it as we text when awaiting approval on artwork or telling them a delivery is coming to them the next day/that day.

Ooh thanks for replies sounds just what I'm looking for, thank you xx

I supply a lot of salons with nail files, lip balms, pens and many other promotional products. Reciently started supplying fridge magnets and they seem to be going down really well. All items are personalised normally with buisness name and a contact number.

I would be happy to help supply anyone here with promotional gifts if you need more info just send me a message.

The BOP

couldi please have some info too [email protected]

I supply a lot of salons with nail files, lip balms, pens and many other promotional products. Reciently started supplying fridge magnets and they seem to be going down really well. All items are personalised normally with buisness name and a contact number.

I would be happy to help supply anyone here with promotional gifts if you need more info just send me a message.

The BOP

Could you please send me info on these please thankyou :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Pls send info to [email protected] Thanks.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using SalonGeek mobile app

Just thought I would add to the long list of promotions.

We have recently started to use an App for mobiles, laptops and computers. It's called Create your own app in minutes and get much more | powered by gappt. It's almost like a mini website on the go. You can build your own or ask them to design your app for you.

Basically it can list gaps in your diary, you can add promotions, price lists and so much more. You can select which methods clients can contact you on, phone, email etc. Excellent for last minute cancellations. Details flag up on the clients device, making it easy for those who want last minute availability appointments.

We always encourage clients to re-book when in the salon but you will always get some that prefer to book last minute. This works well for us.

If you're a BABTAC member you can get a discount as well!

The BOP

Could you pm me with some info please? :)

Yeah! Business cards with a sample of work on a nail. I love the idea!

Would love to do it but the extra small cost is the only little thing, but eventually will :)

Would love to do it but the extra small cost is the only little thing, but eventually will :)

Yeah it would be an extra cost. Worth it if it bought clients in though! X

I've recently become self employed and have found this post amazingly helpful. so many ideas i can use to promote my business.
what an incredible thread!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back