More ways to promote your business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im about to read through this whole thread with a notepad and a brew :) here goes....

I got a new client yesterday from my Instagram. Wasn't expecting new people to find me on it, more to promote pictures of my work to existing clients. I added a # for the area I live in to one of my posts and that's how she found me. Will be making sure to put that on every post from now on!

I got a new client yesterday from my Instagram. Wasn't expecting new people to find me on it, more to promote pictures of my work to existing clients. I added a # for the area I live in to one of my posts and that's how she found me. Will be making sure to put that on every post from now on!

Doing this from now on!! Thanks!

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

This is such a good thread. I'm now reading through again as I've started in a beauty room and a lot more ideas apply to me than when I was mobile!
Thought I'd bump it up again even though it's 6 years old!! Thanks Lynne

Reading again tonight and jotting down all the tips. You can never get tired of this thread :)

Lisa 😃

This thread is amazing! Thank you for all of the tips! Xx

Sent from my C6903 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Hiya,

Thought I'd share with you something I started doing a couple of weeks ago, (would of shared earlier but wasn't sure how well it would work if at all)

So was buying some flowers the other day and they asked me if I'd like to purchase a gift voucher alongside the flowers - you know the Argos, marks and spencer, iTunes etc etc ones that are in most stores, & this got me thinking.

So I approached a good acquaintance of mine that owns a couple of flower shops local to me and asked if they could have some of my gift vouchers to sell in store. He was unsure to begin with so I offered him 5% of the total sales in return he haggled me to 10% So we agreed he'd pay £90 for £100 worth of vouchers to start - if he hadn't sold any in 1 month I'd buy them back an if it went well he'd take it on permanently.

Well 2 weeks later he's sold £405 worth of gift vouchers for me (was really great with Mother's Day coming up) the only extra work he had to do was ask them if they wanted to purchase a (business name) gift voucher and all the work I had to do was just drop of bundles of gift vouchers to him!

Really pleased with how well it's going, it gets my name out there more and targets people that wouldn't necessarily of thought of getting a gift voucher from me! So lots of potentially new clients :) and because I'm mobile it meant I didn't have to drive round dropping gift vouchers off to people!

You could probably do this with more shops in your area too! Xxxxx

Fab idea! I've just missed Mother's Day but I will still email all the flower shops locally.

Jemima :)

Hiya,

Thought I'd share with you something I started doing a couple of weeks ago, (would of shared earlier but wasn't sure how well it would work if at all)

So was buying some flowers the other day and they asked me if I'd like to purchase a gift voucher alongside the flowers - you know the Argos, marks and spencer, iTunes etc etc ones that are in most stores, & this got me thinking.

So I approached a good acquaintance of mine that owns a couple of flower shops local to me and asked if they could have some of my gift vouchers to sell in store. He was unsure to begin with so I offered him 5% of the total sales in return he haggled me to 10% So we agreed he'd pay £90 for £100 worth of vouchers to start - if he hadn't sold any in 1 month I'd buy them back an if it went well he'd take it on permanently.

Well 2 weeks later he's sold £405 worth of gift vouchers for me (was really great with Mother's Day coming up) the only extra work he had to do was ask them if they wanted to purchase a (business name) gift voucher and all the work I had to do was just drop of bundles of gift vouchers to him!

Really pleased with how well it's going, it gets my name out there more and targets people that wouldn't necessarily of thought of getting a gift voucher from me! So lots of potentially new clients :) and because I'm mobile it meant I didn't have to drive round dropping gift vouchers off to people!

You could probably do this with more shops in your area too! Xxxxx

Hi this is a great idea can ask do you value voucher such as £5,£10 ect or write the value in it ?

Hi this is a great idea can ask do you value voucher such as £5,£10 ect or write the value in it ?

I did it as values so I gave him a mixture of £5, £10 & £20 vouchers + 2 blank vouchers that he could write the amount in if he ran out of any of them, the majority asked for & sold were £10 vouchers.
All my vouchers are the same with space for the amount to be written in. If it helps we sold;
22 £10 vouchers
8 £20 vouchers
5 £5.00 vouchers
So I've given him mainly £10 vouchers to sell now :)
Only downside being it's a lot harder to keep track of who's bought a voucher, he put a carbon copy of the receipt to each side for me to have that's got details of the buyer and the recipient & how much the voucher was for but unfortunately I didn't really think through the 'voucher code' part as all my vouchers have a code so they can easily be identified if lost etc I wrote down all the ones I gave to him but he didn't write down the voucher number on any of the receipts so I'm hoping it's ok when they come to be claimed! (My fault as this completely slipped my mind so I hadn't asked him to do this but will ask him to do so in future) xxxx

i love this thread sooo many good ideas that im going to try

i have 2 more to add
1. take a photo of you with nails, hair etc done when your at local places and tag them in it sneaky way to use their likes/friends to get advertsing
2. i did a pamper party one night in a local small pub there was a mix up and its was a full on darts tornerment, i had so many of the women or supporting women have their nails done and men book their other halfs in it was worth being shoved in a corner :)

I just want to say, this thread is amazing, so far ive only got to page 19 i posted the picture of the nails with the touche eclat and # ysl now i have 5 new followers ive already got a full page of notes.
Its made me see opportunity in everything,
Today i posted a photo of some leopard print nails on my facebook and its gone mad! 2 shares and loads of likes, one of my likers works for ysl make up and they have just brought out a new leopard print touche eclat she loved it so i offered to do hers fopr her launch party in exchange for her giving out my cards and i offered her a gift voucher to put in the raffle, i # ysl and location and got 5 new follows, my business doesnt even open for 4 weeks.
Ive also got a stall at a gala event and will be doing mini manicure and handing out flyers and also a lady i met today just by chance said she was doing a wedding fair at the weekend to advertise her homemade wedding stationary, so i was really cheeky and gave her a bunch of my price lists to put in her leaflets..... well if you dont ask you dont get!!! Thanks again for all your wonderful ideas

Some brill ideas 😊

These idea's are amazing! Thank you guys for sharing all your idea's!! :)

Wow I've just spent 2 full days reading through all these threads, I've added my business to a couple of free listing sites that I didn't know about, sent emails to local florists and lots more...

I love salon geek & thanks to everyone who've put some fab idea's on :)

Good luck to everyone x

Wow I've just spent 2 full days reading through all these threads, I've added my business to a couple of free listing sites that I didn't know about, sent emails to local florists and lots more...

I love salon geek & thanks to everyone who've put some fab idea's on :)

Good luck to everyone x

Hi I just wondered what you said in your emails and how you worded it?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back