Most popular way of doing a french nail?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazysaz

Reaction score
hi all, i live in ireland and all my nails are pink and white. however when i watch tv it seems to me that airbrushing is really big in england? i had a lady frm manchester in last wk and this is how hers were done, then tonight on tv on 2 different programmes the girls in them had airbrushed french. so who does white tips, who does pink and whites and who does airbrushing?

I use white tips but I am practising my pink and whites airbrushing sounds like a good idea though as it's thinner than polish and I really struggle to do a good smile with polish even with the awful guides which never stick at the sides :(

i think it depends on what area you live in and what type of salon you go too.because where i live it seems to be that oriental salons use an airbrush mostly as thats what there clients want even though some do offer pink and whites and english salons do pink and whites.i dont know of any english salons that use an airbrush.
i think its just down to preference.x

hi all, i live in ireland and all my nails are pink and white. however when i watch tv it seems to me that airbrushing is really big in england? i had a lady frm manchester in last wk and this is how hers were done, then tonight on tv on 2 different programmes the girls in them had airbrushed french. so who does white tips, who does pink and whites and who does airbrushing?

Hi hun, are you talking about enhancements or french polish? I am training in pink & whites atm (and loving it!) and as has been said on here, it's mainly Oriental salons around me who use airbrushing.

I have converted my sister from these because apart from ruining her natural nail, the airbrushed whites tend to chip off and look gross. JMO :green:

xx

enhancements. i have an airbrush but only used it a couple of times on enhancements and i thought it chipped off, but according to that lady, hers never did. on the telly it wasnt even normal french, they had chevrons, plus on another reality show of some sorts even an 80 yr old gran had hers airbrushed with a wee fancy design! is the oriental salons cheaper?? we dont have them over here - yet!! but there is 1 i think in belfast.

I used to get mine done at a oriental salon and they did the white airbrushed tip and it does chipp off slightly after a week or so leaving the very edge of the tip transparent looking. I dont think you can recoat with top coat either because the white will come off with polish remover...unless you were to just go over the old coat.

i do pink and white, no airbrushed whites at all, infact i think in my area its only the nns salons that do the airbrush whites, tho im not 100% sure on that, but i dont rate an airbrush white much at all as it dont last half as long (and then some) as a l/p pink and white (or gel)

I use freehand polish white for manicure and freehand pink and white L&P. I love to watch the airbrushing its amazing but its not cost effective for me

Pink and White L&P all the way for me. I have got an airbrush but never do my whites with it as they look rubbish after a few days

I'm in no way a professional...I just love to read about nails etc.
I once had a french varnish done in a chinese salon....the chap just painted white straight across the tips, not following any pattern, he did two coats of this....then working towards the free edge, got a medium sized brush dipped in nail varnish remover, and proceeded to work the brush in small circles, thereby 'pushing' the white (or slightly off white in my case-looks more natural) into the smile pattern. He only worked on the nail bed, but just pushing the varnish into the pattern he wanted. Afterwards, one time he painted a sort of see through pinky colour on the bed, without touching the white, and another time he left the nail bed free of colour, but just put a pearlescent shine all over the entire nail. After this he finished it with topcoat. It looked very effective and, above all, natural, and I have been able to do this myself at home.
I know I haven't explained very well, but I hope you can understand what I mean - I'd never come across this sort of french manicure before.
Thank you for reading this (if you got this far....lol)

Hey Sarah!
As we dont really have NSS over here and I think you should capitalise on a trend. You've had your airbrush for awhile so put it to some use,
My salon is called airbrushed and my clients have only experienced airbrushing in Uk or USA and book in for airbrushing for something different.
I offer forever french l&p and gel and a natural set with free airbrush french just like the NSS.

Latest posts

Back