Most profitable treatment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaize

Reaction score
Hi - I currently am qualified to do body wraps and acrylic nails but am thinking of doing another course but was unsure as to what would be more profitable - spray tanning or eyebrow - eyelash shaping and tinting - (or even something different) Your opinion would be gr8 - I want to go mobile x thanks x:confused:

Spray tanning is by far my most profitiable treatment, when you look at cost/time against income.

I owrk salon-based, but do ahve a mobile kit that i go out and do spray tan parties. I often get £100-£120 in a night for an hours work!

Spray tanning however does sometimes have quieter times of the year, and therefore that would be the time to look at adding another treatment. Waxing is probably my most profitable year round treatment.

From the 2 choices you are looking at i would say you will make more profit from the spray tanning,
its quick to do 30 mins tops so you are in and out and have left a happy client looking fab and healthy,

eyelash shaping is going to involve waxing so you have to warm your wax up on the way there or when you get there, it may spill in the car (god forbid)
not everyone who has there brows shaped need them tinting so if they only want the shape, by the time you have driven there and back this will have taken any profit you had made,
and you would have to do 5 brow shapes to make the same amount 1 spray tan would make you,

hth :hug:

Defo spray tanning!!! It's quick money, popular and there isnt much to carry too and from the car xxx

Spray tanning all the way!

Lash/Brow tinting is so unpopular (well in my area it is) ive been doing it for a year and only had 2 people book in.

Spray tanning can be popular and its easy to do and quick money. You also get the benefits yourself of having an all year round tan.

Another treatment worth training in is also waxing ive heard its the bread and butter of almost every business.xx

What about the Carlton Institutes waxing course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
X:confused:

My friend recently attending a Carlton Course and was so appalled that she asked her money back! She went for spray tan, their machine didnt work, the tutor kept leaving the room and was very unhelpful.

massage is a profitable treatment to do, you only use 25ml of massage oil per client.

I think spray tan would be good for you to train in and then i think you should look in to facials and manicures/pedicures they are defo my top treatments to have booked!! HTH xxxxx

Hi
I am mobile also and my most profitable treatment is definately eyebrow threading, takes 10 mins and costs a reel of thread and antibacterial solution!
Its in demand right now and if you can find a course i would say go for it.
HTH
Halima x

Any more thoughts on this thread? I know threading and massage are highest profit but I'm thinking of any that have been missed. Pedi with polish works out relatively low cost. File and polish with vinylux.

How about a gel polish or Shellac? Or eyelash extensions? These are very popular where I am x

Why not spend the next month asking all your existing clients, family, friends if there are any treatments they would like you to add on - they are your existing client base and will be the first possibly to trial your new treatment before attracting new clients. Although Spray Tanning is my most profitable treatment in terms of £/hour, - I hardly do any and have thrown away a lot of unused solution over the years!
I always ask my existing clients about new polish colours to avoid costly mistakes of having bottles stuck on the shelves unused - especially with Shellac x

I would think waxing would be more consistent as I imagine more clients do spray tans during the summer months. Intimate waxing is much more lucrative than waxing legs etc and most clients maintain their waxing on a regular basis.

I would think waxing would be more consistent as I imagine more clients do spray tans during the summer months. Intimate waxing is much more lucrative than waxing legs etc and most clients maintain their waxing on a regular basis.

Waxing is definitely one of my most lucrative treatments. When you think what it costs you in product it is minimal.
Although pedicures are cheap to do, they take time and I feel you are never able to charge enough.

As Jack says, offering waxing and especially intimate is a great earner!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I did eyelash and spray tanning courses for this reason plus I wanted to be confident for Christmas for hopefully a full diary...spray tanning in just 2 months I've made my money back everything is profit now as I'm getting 18-20 clients out of one bottle of solution...love tanning I never thought I would as I don't tan myself xx

Latest posts

Back