moxie on ebay!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little Angel said:
Personally i complain with my business.... as in i dont shop there!!

When I lived near a Sally's I did exactly this....just didn't shop there! As already said if we all do our bit it will eventually make a difference.....we hope :irked:

i was amazed when a sally's opened up in my area. i had only just got myself together half a dozens clients, then two of them straight away showed me this 'nail stuff' they had bought from a new shop, i thought of that is just great, here is me new to all this telling people i am specially trained to be working on peoples nails and the fact that i need public liability to be able to buy these products from wholesalers then all my retail sales that i had been building up, suddenly went through the floor, and everywhere i looked people had bloody foil designs on their nails. i was so annoyed, but the craze of doing it yourself seems to have slowed down, people still go and buy a natural nail hardener then come back to me and say, half my nails have suddenly snapped, 'and i bought this great hardener as well' looking all disappointed. then i tell them that is why i am the professional nail tech and you should have come to someone who knows you don't need that product.
even though it has all calmed down now, i notice nobody i knew actually bought monomer or gel or a lamp, and when i asked the woman who worked there, she said that they don't sell usually sell much other than a file and a varnish, as people don't know how to use the products.
anyway the whole sally's thing hasn't done as much damage as i thought it would, it's only the odd person who see's it done once and then thinks i will go and do it myself........ they always come back once their nails turn green!!!! But that's not the point is it!!!

Lets face it ... 99% of women know they wouldn't do a good job and faced with the array of products on the shelf in a Sally's, would not have a clue where to begin when it came to buying the things to do nails.

Many technicians give the public way too much credit for knowing what to buy ... they don't. And thank god most have the common sense not to even attempt to.

But there will always be the odd few ..................................

Weren't your first dabblings with nails bought from the chemist or Woolworths????? Mine certainly were. At 13 I was sticking on the "Lee Press On" nails from the drugstore in the US. They sold loads of DIY nail stuff and if you go into any drug store in the US now, you would not believe the amount of nail-related items you can buy ... thousands of things.

The salon nail business is still growing in the US year on year .... not all women are doing their own.

Latest posts

Back