moxie on ebay!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beck

Arty geek
Reaction score
i know some of you keep a eye on ebay so i thought i would have a look myself, and i couldn't believe that the first item i saw was a trial kit of creatives new product MOXIE. OMG this woman even states that you have to be a professional nail tech and be trained by creative before you are allowed to buy this product!!! even worse it sounds as though she is just going to send it in the post to who ever buys it.
it gets me so mad that so many of us are so professional and are well aware of the problems members of the public cause themselves, and possibly others by using these products, simply because they don't know how to use them... yet others simply abuse the system, and don't seem to care
Do these people not realise there is a reason for not allowing the public to buy these products. they are obviously after a quick buck.

there is under an hour left on this lot, and it is only at £12, i would like to see what it goes for.

beck

beck said:
it gets me so mad that so many of us are so professional and are well aware of the problems members of the public cause themselves, and possibly others by using these products, simply because they don't know how to use them... yet others simply abuse the system, and don't seem to care
Do these people not realise there is a reason for not allowing the public to buy these products. they are obviously after a quick buck.
beck
I couldn't agree with you more, beck. I think it's ridiculous.

There are also creative 'perfect powders' (I'm not sure if this is what they're actually called, I don't use creative). The person is selling pink and white for £64, including p&p. and retention liquid for £30.

Hiya,

There was a moxie kit on there a few months back it was stated to be imported from America, It really is quite bad that people sell this stuff to make a ridiculous ammount of money.

I dont know if any of you saw at excel thr new opi brilliance buffer. I was impressed when I saw this there and asked when it would be available, not until next year I was told, however there was one on ebay the other day, again imported from america, just one buffer sold for £6. :rolleyes: It is pathetic what people will pay for things, I think I'd rather wait and not pay over the odds for such items.

ooh the opi brilliance buffer is frickin' AWESOME!

i must admit to having reported items to ebay yesterday - those stating that they would send monomers through the post...there were two listings selling R+ that said in big bold letters "only available to trained nail techs" then in smaller wording underneath saying "so get yours here" - or words to that effect! As per GMG report in scratch mag - we ought to report these listings to ebay - afterall is is DANGEROUS and irresponsible to send hazardous materials through regular post. this wasn't something i had thought of until i read his article, before i was just annoyed that anyone could get their hands on monomers...

Well done Dianne! Thats worthy of some rep ;)

BTW: I just put the original and unabridged article that Tickled Pink is referring to in my articles section->

http://www.thenailgeek.com/showthread.php?t=8801

Please rate the article and leave a comment if you feel its appropriate.

I too reported a Retention+ seller but have heard nothing in response from ebay and it is still there for sale with 2 bids.

I have never looked at Ebay never mind bought anything from it. Would someone explain to me the mentality of the people who purchase goods for more than the ordinary price?? What is gained by this? Why do they do it?

All I ever hear is that people pay over the odds for things or are ripped off. Is it some kind of hysteria that prompts them to do it? Anyone professional or not can walk into Sallys and buy nail products with no training. Why go to ebay for nail stuff.??

Not always geeg... I bought The Poseidon Adventure on DVD for about £2.50! :wink2:

BTW: It was 'factory sealed' (which means nothing really) :)

E-Bay is essentially a world wide Boot Sale. There is more crap than not on there, however there are still some gems to be found.

The Nail Geek said:
Well done Dianne! Thats worthy of some rep ;)

BTW: I just put the original and unabridged article that Tickled Pink is referring to in my articles section->

http://www.thenailgeek.com/showthread.php?t=8801

Please rate the article and leave a comment if you feel its appropriate.

thanking you kindly GMG! :biggrin:

another thought for GMG - if you check out the Retention on ebay for sale, some of the piccies look like they may have come directly from the CND brochure - so not only are they selling and posting hazardous chemicals, surely using pictures like this MUST be a breach of copyright...?

Jackie in Ireland has raised a point about ebay monomer purchases - can we all be confident we are actually receiving uncontaminated liquid (even if sealed). It may well be inferior product or even 'watered' down...i wouldn't be confident.

I rekon, at the time of training and qualification with our relevant companies, we should all sign some form of declaration to the effect that we will NOT sell these hazardous liquids and powders on auction sites and to UNTRAINED people, either in a bid to make money or even to offload unwanted product. Those that are caught (admittedly will be few and far between but a deterrant nonetheless) will have their accounts frozen/terminated etc... Very hard to police but got to be worth a shot.

Once again, it wont make a blind bit of difference and only cost companies (those who would pay to try and enforce it). Those cost would end up trickling down to the end user and I can guarantee it wouldn't stop the silly handful of people dint it now.

The only real solution at this stage is to promote NOT selling or buying professional products from such sites.

On a side note:
Tickled Pink PMed me concerned that she had gotten negative reputation points from her post in this thread. She wasn't doing the typical whinging because someone gave her a negative, she was reporting it to me as it was signed GMG.
Well, I looked int it and you know what? The little bugger was me.
Yup, thats right... I ACCIDENTALLY gave her negative instead of positive by MISTAKE. Not even I was aware of it until I looked into it. Maybe some will take this as a sign that sometimes people do make mistakes in that department and they should act more adult like about it.

Anyhoo... Sorted ;)

Negative Or Positive What Sam????????? How Do I Know If Its Neg Or Pos? I Am So Confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

geeg said:
I have never looked at Ebay never mind bought anything from it. Would someone explain to me the mentality of the people who purchase goods for more than the ordinary price?? What is gained by this? Why do they do it?

All I ever hear is that people pay over the odds for things or are ripped off. Is it some kind of hysteria that prompts them to do it? Anyone professional or not can walk into Sallys and buy nail products with no training. Why go to ebay for nail stuff.??
Like GMG, I have gotten some DVDS/Videos for the other half at good prices (and they have been factory sealed!).

However, I have to echo the fact that it is downright irresponsible and dangerous to get this on ebay. But is there anything that, realistically, could be done to stop it? I doubt it.

Linzi xox
p.s. I'm confuzzled by the +/- feedback too, where do we see our reputations?

Can CND not do anything about who they sell the product to and the resale issue, surely they should take some responsibilty in this?

Bodacious said:
Can CND not do anything about who they sell the product to and the resale issue, surely they should take some responsibilty in this?
Why not look at the top of the page to the sticky thread ebay help and do your bit??

Why not look at the forums home page and read what Samuel has said there about what he/CND are doing??

Then maybe you will see that CND/samuel on their behalf are actually doing quite allot towards showing their responsibility.

CND is a manufacturer. Their customers are their distributors world wide who sell to YOU the nail technicians. CND do not sell direct to technicians. Maybe we technicians are the ones who should take the responsibility and do something about it. We all have a chance to follow what Samuel has set up.

well said Gigi

Lets all do our bit and then posts like this will be a thing of the past. We have had to put up with this in the Hair industry for years with irresponsible distributers like Sally's selling to the public, oh i know they say they don't sell peroxide and perms etc but i know for a fact that they bloody do!

CND is trying its very best to stay exclusive as in my industry is Paul Mitchell for example but there is only so much you can do.

You see people think its fab if they grab a bargain and get something at trade price when they know they shouldn't and so are taking a sale from someone in that industry, but when the boot is on the other foot and we are the ones being affected we don't like it. Well thats how we feel in the hair industry.

Unfortunately the nail industry is fast following the trend and selling home nail kits etc just like they do home hair colour/perms kits. You will get clients who try them and make a mess just like we do, and then they come to us to sort it out.

So next time you go to sally's to buy your professional hair colour or whatever else that you know full well you shouldn't be buying give it another thought!

I know this will make me unpopular but its the way i feel. I dont mean to upset anyone or offend them with this post! :lick:

I agree Tracy

Although I am a nail technician, I have a Sally's card which will allow me to buy hair colour, perms, those very expensive scissors and whizzy clipper things - I shouldnt be allowed to buy these - I could cut someones ear off LOL!

Equally qualified hairdressers should not be allowed to buy stuff they are not qualified to use .

But this is a whole other argument which as you say Tracy, has gone on in the hair industry for years and will probably never get sorted.

If nail companies can have different levels of accounts then why can't Sallys etc. We could have a red card for nails, a green one for hair and a silver one for whatever else and there should be limits on what we could buy.

I hope that makes sense.

hi fiona

yes it does and i totally agree. But why would a company like Sallys who are so obviously not bothered about who they sell their products to even take the time to bother to issue different cards? They are obviously not in the slightest bit bothered about it.

One of my junior members of staff's mother went in and told them she was a hairdresser and they gave her a card! straightaway no ???? asked!

Personally i complain with my business.... as in i dont shop there!!

Latest posts

Back