MSN heads up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayls

Reaction score
Just a quick heads up guys, there is a virus doing the rounds on msn.
Basically, somehow, they get into your msn, so change your password asap, this should help!

You will get messages from friends on msn with a link and then a wink, dont clinck the link, even just clicking it releases the virus!! The link will be lots of jumbled letters!

Even though its from a friend, its not really, ok!!

Just thought Id let you all know, its happening to me atm!

xxxxx:hug:

Thanks I have sent it to my friends and family xxxx

Hope you get it sorted soon xxxxx:hug:

Thanks hunny:hug:

oh god tell me about it, my son was playing ps donwstairs on sunday when i got a msn message from him

i thought bloody hell thats clever he's downstairs but he's sending me messages from the loft? soon as i saw the message i knew it was a virus, it said do you think this is too kinky for myspace please tell me honestly @click link' so i yelled him and he checked he'd been sent it ealrier on by a schoo, friend and when someone sends you something, you can accept or decline it, well the stupid bugger had clicked on decline, so starting the virus, which then basically sends the same message to every person on your contact list, inc your 5 yr old sister and your nan and grandad, i spent half of sunday ringing family members and apologising for bens messages and not to click decline just to 'x' the messanger box totally and block ben for rest of day, anwya by end of say id had the message 123 times!!!! and ben kept getting it as it was doing the rounds round half of yr 9 of his school ffs, think we've finally got it sorted now, but grrrrrr how feckin annoying is it xxx

thanks for the info.ive only just put msn back on my computer because there was a similar thing going round before.i hate all these things.

Thanks for the info huni xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug:

Is this on MSN instant messenger or does it apply to hotmail aswell?

the one that hacked our bens was on both his msn messenger an his hotmail email account list

hths xx

Sorry, yep its both hotmail and msn, Ive just done a bit of digging, and if you were to click onto the link it takes you to a page which you sign in your info to, email addy and password, to see which peeps block you, so I guess if you are nosey you would enter the info wouldnt you!

The blighters, honestly dont know what they gain by this, I mean today for example, I have 200 msn messages from a 'Friend' with the darn link on, its doing my nut in!

I have changed my password guys, before I changed it, I was having thousands everyday! So its a good thing the number has gone down!

xxxx:hug:

thanks for the heads up....it drives me nuts that people have nothing better to do than create havok in the form of viruses purely to get them circulated to mess up people's computers

oooh thanks for that guys, off to change my password now!!

My cousin in Canada has just replied!

He has had this virus and it has completely wrecked his pc:irked:

Thanks again for the warningxxxx:hug:

Latest posts

Back