Mulberry-fake or outlet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunshineinme

Reaction score
Ladies!
Have a look at this website. Do you think these bags are genuine? am I so naive/desperate to have mulberry handbag that I'm happy to believe in "miracle" hahaha

http://www.mulbeyoutletshop.co.uk

Just wondering about the website address!! If it were genuine Mulberry why does the address say Mulbey??

FAKES!!

There is just no comeback on these sites. Even if you're happy to have a fake, what happens if it doesn't arrive? It's just too much money to risk losing. Any website that doesn't give a street business address is dodgy.

Just save a little longer and get one that you KNOW is genuine!!!! Why spend so much money in the 'hope' that it's real xx

Yeah... Sadly you all are right :( wish it was a genuine seller!
Hey ho! Time to start saving ;)

I just bought a 'Mulberry' bag on holiday in Egypt for £13. I know it's a fake and anyone that knows handbags would too but it's actually really well made from real leather. I wouldn't be surprised if they're all made in the same factory! I wouldn't risk buying online though, you could end up with anything.

These cheap fakes will be made in Asia somewhere, whereas genuine Mulbery are made in Somerset, England by craftsmen, they won't be made in the same place.

These cheap fakes will be made in Asia somewhere, whereas genuine Mulbery are made in Somerset, England by craftsmen, they won't be made in the same place.

And.......don't forget that the copies are made by slave labourers. Very sad. You're effectively buying into corruption.

All outlets are usually fakes. Mulberry themselves will be able to tell you if you message them. My friend did this with Uggs. She found an online outlet shop selling them for £40 she emailed the link to Ugg official company website where they sent back a mahoosive email about fakes and scams and a list of legitimate and registered sellers.

I would advise not to purchase and to contact mulberry with the link of the site.

Hope that helps.

xProjectPrettyx

I agree a lot of people make themselves feel better about carrying fakes by saying "they are probably all made in the same factory"

Do not buy from an outlet website. They are all fakes. How do I know, I got burned for £150 (I'm not bitter at all). They are made in China. On mulberry's website they clearly state they do not sell on outlet websites at all, only their outlet shop.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was being facetious when I said they were made in the same factory, of course I don't think there's any comparison between what I bought and the genuine article. I didn't buy it because of the name on it I just liked the bag itself and as I say it's leather and well made and if anyone asked me I'd never make it out to be the real deal. As for saying it's made by slave labourers that's an assumption because it's cheap. I bet it doesn't stop many shopping in Primark.

And.......don't forget that the copies are made by slave labourers. Very sad. You're effectively buying into corruption.

I do also agree with you Sam81 that this is the most ridiculous statement I have ever read!!!! "Buying into corruption" haha bloody hilarious!!!! And Primark is even worst for it I know that for sure!! I bet they all still shop in there!

Fake... And expensive fakes tooo...

There is no contact details and as soon as you make payment it would appear on your bank statement that you've made payment to usually a Chinese named person as that's where they come from.
Also if you go to the bottom and click on frequent question bit and look at the delivery section it states they use EMS which is Chinese Royal Mail basically! It also claims to be the york mulberry outlet :/ yet some or the prices are in $ ??

It's so hard sometimes to tell the fake sites with the real ones, a couple of years ago I thought I was on a karen millen site and was fake!
Then I bought my daughter a top from hollister and was in the sale for £30.00, I clicked after I bought it and had to get in touch with the bank to stop the payment!
The payment was stopped but few weeks later the top turned up and was a very cheap looking fake!

I was being facetious when I said they were made in the same factory, of course I don't think there's any comparison between what I bought and the genuine article. I didn't buy it because of the name on it I just liked the bag itself and as I say it's leather and well made and if anyone asked me I'd never make it out to be the real deal. As for saying it's made by slave labourers that's an assumption because it's cheap. I bet it doesn't stop many shopping in Primark.

Most things that are "made in England" are mainly composed in England. All the hard work make, cutting and hemming all the fabric is done abroad mostly China. They send it all back to the English factories and sew all the pieces that the Chinese have made and they can class it as made in England!!

How do I know this.. My dad lived there for 3 years and there was girl in is office who handed me a book fullllll of handbags coats belts etc and said she can find any of it! ...I kindly declined, however she was giving me great detail on how they know which Provence makes what and its very easy for a Mandarin speaking person to actually find out where these products are manufactured.

AmeliaR you are a know it all aren't you......

Mulberry is made in a factory in Somerset fact!!!!!

Bottom line is if you want to make sure you're getting the real thing go direct to the manufacturer or their authorised distributors. It's the only way to be sure. If it looks too good (cheap) to be true then it probably is. If you want a knock off go on holiday to Sharm El Sheikh where they'll give you no bloody hassle and be cheaper than Asda Price. Lol!

Most things that are "made in England" are mainly composed in England. All the hard work make, cutting and hemming all the fabric is done abroad mostly China. They send it all back to the English factories and sew all the pieces that the Chinese have made and they can class it as made in England!!

How do I know this.. My dad lived there for 3 years and there was girl in is office who handed me a book fullllll of handbags coats belts etc and said she can find any of it! ...I kindly declined, however she was giving me great detail on how they know which Provence makes what and its very easy for a Mandarin speaking person to actually find out where these products are manufactured.

If you research Mulberry you will find that they do have manufacturing in Somerset complete with apprenticeships and ongoing investment. Unfortunately due to a slump in sales of luxury goods in China and South East Asia they have had to put on hold opening a second manufacturing plant in England.
Therefore I think Mulberry may be the exception to what you state.

Latest posts

Back