Mundo/Barbicide

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clac

Reaction score
Hi I hope someone can help. Ive just started doing mobile beauty and have bought a huge bottle of barbicide for my manicure tools. The question i have is can i make my own spray version of the common but pricey mundo disinfectant with barbicide instead?
If so, would i just spray tools then wipe with a dry tissue before i use them on client (is that sufficient)?

The tools have to sit immersed in the disinfectant for 10 minutes to be effective. If you spray them, you would have to ensure they are saturated for 10 minutes. It's more difficult in a spray form. I only use Barbicide spray for my manicure table and other surfaces that need to be disinfected, that I couldn't possibly immerse. :)

hth's.

I use one of these!!

Smartcafe Hot Cafetiere Travel Cup: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

portable coffee press, has same plunger action as a barbicide jar with a leakproof lid!!

Just put your tools in it as you're leaving a clients house, pop it in your in car cup holder or stad securely in a box where it cannot fall and in your travel time between clients all your tools will be sterilised.

Also, because of the plunger, you do not have to put your fingers in the solution, which is cleaner for your tools and better for your skin!!

hope this helps.

excellent reply's thanks.
Great idea with the coffee plunger, ordering one now :)

If you're wanting to save money, why didn't you buy Mundo Power Plus?

With Barbicide you have to change the solution DAILY. With Mundo Power Plus it lasts up to ONE WEEK.

If you do the sums, it works out that Mundo Power Plus is OVER 85% CHEAPER!

AND you only need to leave your tools in for 5 minutes.

There's no compromise on the quality either. Mundo Power Plus is manufactured to hospital standards and tested to BS EN level 2 - which is higher that some we could mention!

Whichever route you go down, please make sure you follow manufacturers' instructions.

All the best!

Marketing geek, could you use mundo power plus on the road in a coffee travel cup as above? To use between clients.
Do mundo sell a product we could use to submerse tools whilst on the roads.

Marketing geek, could you use mundo power plus on the road in a coffee travel cup as above? To use between clients.
Do mundo sell a product we could use to submerse tools whilst on the roads.

Yes - you can use either Mundo Power Plus or Mundo Rapid Instrument & Tool Disinfectant whilst out on the road. As both only require 5 minutes, they're perfect for mobile use as you can disinfect tools whilst packing up your kit. Both these products are designed for total immersion.

AND the solution last for up to 5 days use!

As with all Mundo disinfectant products, they are manufactured to hospital standards and tested to BS EN level 2.

Marketing geek, do you need to dilute barbicide before you put your metal implements in it for 10mins. Thanks

I use Mundo Rapid Instrument & Tool Disinfectant in an Avent bottle (yes, a baby bottle!) for mobile clients. I also use the Mundo Hard Surface Spray for CND lamp, nail files etc. Both products are a Godsend for mobile technicians. :)

I don't think anything compares in our nail business with the rapid effectiveness of Mundo products. They are perfectly suited to what we do and how we do it.

I'm switching to Mundo as clean tools are very important in my game (tweezers, ingrown hair tools and metal spats).

If nothing else, I'm sick of Barbicide staining the trolley blue.

What's the website for Mundo please?

I now only use Mundo products - hand sanitiser, file disinfectant, hard surface cleaner and of course power plus.

I'm switching to Mundo as clean tools are very important in my game (tweezers, ingrown hair tools and metal spats).

If nothing else, I'm sick of Barbicide staining the trolley blue.

What's the website for Mundo please?
Disinfectants & hygiene products to prevent spread of disease. - mundo professional - for a healthy environment.
Merry Christmas kimmi .. Long time! You will love Mundo products and they have great options for you and your type of business.

I love the wipes for cleaning down tools before I spray them ... They are great for cleaning my glasses too lol and computer keyboards and phones.

Last edited:
Marketing geek, do you need to dilute barbicide before you put your metal implements in it for 10mins. Thanks

Instructions for use will be on the bottle. But as far as I know, yes, you have to dilute it.

Latest posts

Back