My acrylic nails fell off and other "refund sourcing problems"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow... there really are some chancers out there:eek:

Was talking about this today to my beauty lady and she also has had some right corkers.....

Keep em coming ladies, if nothing else after a hard days work its giving us all a giggle:lol:

Wow, I had a great one today!
When I first began doing nails I had a lady come to me for a full set of sculptures (I do Bio Sculpture), to cut a very long story short, they only lasted a few days and she messaged me saying 2 had come off. As I was fairly new to nails, I said I was happy to redo them for her or give her a full refund as I was sure it was my standard of work!
She was very polite and said thank you but no it's ok, he knew I was learning, how nice of her!
Well this same lady booked an appointment with me today, and after a soak off and a full set of overlays with hand painted nail art, she got up to leave, saying, "so that is my redo from last August when I last saw you, remember? I wanted to wait until your work was a better standard, and I have seen your work on Facebook and well done, your work is beautiful now, I just love these nails!"
I was speechless...but then stood my ground and explained that although I had stated I would refund or replace, it was certainly not on hold for 12 months until my work had improved! I would require payment today, and it was something she needed to discuss with me prior to having her nails done, not after! To add insult she had not bought any money at all with her!
She did drop back later and pay in full, but it was one of the most uncomfortable conversations I have ever had!

YES!! Good job standing your ground! YEESH!

:eek:
Wow, I had a great one today!
When I first began doing nails I had a lady come to me for a full set of sculptures (I do Bio Sculpture), to cut a very long story short, they only lasted a few days and she messaged me saying 2 had come off. As I was fairly new to nails, I said I was happy to redo them for her or give her a full refund as I was sure it was my standard of work!
She was very polite and said thank you but no it's ok, he knew I was learning, how nice of her!
Well this same lady booked an appointment with me today, and after a soak off and a full set of overlays with hand painted nail art, she got up to leave, saying, "so that is my redo from last August when I last saw you, remember? I wanted to wait until your work was a better standard, and I have seen your work on Facebook and well done, your work is beautiful now, I just love these nails!"
I was speechless...but then stood my ground and explained that although I had stated I would refund or replace, it was certainly not on hold for 12 months until my work had improved! I would require payment today, and it was something she needed to discuss with me prior to having her nails done, not after! To add insult she had not bought any money at all with her!
She did drop back later and pay in full, but it was one of the most uncomfortable conversations I have ever had!

Latest posts

Back