My acrylic nails fell off and other "refund sourcing problems"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sameeel

Reaction score
Ok after viewing a previous thread thought it would be good to hear from other nail techs the excuses they get from the seeming new breed of get them for free clients... :-/
I will start with my recent... I don't like the "c"curve... Used to cheapo £10 a set flat nails... Hmmm
A friend "My acrylic nails went soft in the holiday sun and peeled off"....

What reasons have you all had as to why a client is not happy and after a refund?

"I went to sleep and when I woke up in the morning they were all gone!"
"Did you find the nails that came off at all?"
"No, I looked but there weren't any."
"Is there any chance you could send me a picture of your natural nails so I can assess the situation?"

Surprise, surprise - no reply!!

Another one -

"I need a new set put on. How much?"
"A new set is £xx, may I ask what happened to the nails I applied last week?"
"Oh... don't I get a discount? I bit them off, but they should be stronger so I can't."

One of my favourites that I've read is, "I went for a bath and they all floated off" :lol:

"I went to sleep and when I woke up in the morning they were all gone!"
"Did you find the nails that came off at all?"
"No, I looked but there weren't any."
"Is there any chance you could send me a picture of your natural nails so I can assess the situation?"

Surprise, surprise - no reply!!

were they french tips?
Maybe the tooth fairy took them by mistake!!!

I figured she must have eaten them in her sleep if they were nowhere to be found!

And floated off in the bath?! Haha, how funny... :lol:

Well, this thread gave me a giggle anyway....The only one I have had is,

"All my nails came off, when I took the washing out of the Tumble dryer"

One of my favourites that I've read is, "I went for a bath and they all floated off" :lol:

Ha ha ha I thought I was the only one who'd had this one!

Don't you just hate when that happens!!!! Lol!!!

I had one last week where the nails were "moving all over the place" and "there was now an upside down French manicure" I couldn't work this out as she had coral shellac on her acrylics!! When she came in -- with all 10 nails on- the "moving" part was where they had grown up and the "upside down French manicure" was the nail growth at the cuticle. She thought once acrylics were on that was them for life!!! HAAAAAA!!

I had one last week where the nails were "moving all over the place" and "there was now an upside down French manicure" I couldn't work this out as she had coral shellac on her acrylics!! When she came in -- with all 10 nails on- the "moving" part was where they had grown up and the "upside down French manicure" was the nail growth at the cuticle. She thought once acrylics were on that was them for life!!! HAAAAAA!!

Oh my! That's actually quite cute hehe. Bless her x

I've gotten the ''they all fell off'' routine a few times, but the best was a text from a client that 9 of them had fallen off ...... immediately thought what state is that 10th finger in that she couldn't finish the job....... sure enough natural nail ripped underneath very sore looking !!!!

What she didn't know was her best friend had just left after getting her nails redone and was telling me that she doesn't understand how people bite them off , as she was getting a pain in her teeth from listening to her friend bite them off last night watching corrie !!!

BUSTED hahaha. Of course i played stupid and pretended i didn't know anything but the first words out of her mouth were " person x was down with you this morning were they '' mortified for her :D lol

My favourite is 'I picked up my fork and my thumb and ring ringer nail just fell off '
But close second is' They all melted while I was sat by my fire ' she must have been sat in the friggin fire for that to happen !

I had one last week where the nails were "moving all over the place" and "there was now an upside down French manicure" I couldn't work this out as she had coral shellac on her acrylics!! When she came in -- with all 10 nails on- the "moving" part was where they had grown up and the "upside down French manicure" was the nail growth at the cuticle. She thought once acrylics were on that was them for life!!! HAAAAAA!![/QUOTE]

Ha ha ha that did actually make me laugh out loud!

😒 oh geez this is hilarious, can you imagine if this were true?? We'd be out of business soon enough :p

These all made me giggle, keep them coming :lol:

I'm just so relieved to hear that its not just me who gets these chancers from time to time. I've got a returning client next week, I asked if she was having an infill and she said "no, a new set, because some fell off straight away so I picked the others off". Nothing fell of straight away!!!! why do they feel the need to lie?

Wow, I had a great one today!
When I first began doing nails I had a lady come to me for a full set of sculptures (I do Bio Sculpture), to cut a very long story short, they only lasted a few days and she messaged me saying 2 had come off. As I was fairly new to nails, I said I was happy to redo them for her or give her a full refund as I was sure it was my standard of work!
She was very polite and said thank you but no it's ok, he knew I was learning, how nice of her!
Well this same lady booked an appointment with me today, and after a soak off and a full set of overlays with hand painted nail art, she got up to leave, saying, "so that is my redo from last August when I last saw you, remember? I wanted to wait until your work was a better standard, and I have seen your work on Facebook and well done, your work is beautiful now, I just love these nails!"
I was speechless...but then stood my ground and explained that although I had stated I would refund or replace, it was certainly not on hold for 12 months until my work had improved! I would require payment today, and it was something she needed to discuss with me prior to having her nails done, not after! To add insult she had not bought any money at all with her!
She did drop back later and pay in full, but it was one of the most uncomfortable conversations I have ever had!

I made this a while back :)
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343989108.642181.jpg

When I first began doing nails I had a lady come to me for a full set of sculptures (I do Bio Sculpture), to cut a very long story short, they only lasted a few days and she messaged me saying 2 had come off. As I was fairly new to nails, I said I was happy to redo them for her or give her a full refund as I was sure it was my standard of work!
She was very polite and said thank you but no it's ok, he knew I was learning, how nice of her!
Well this same lady booked an appointment with me today, and after a soak off and a full set of overlays with hand painted nail art, she got up to leave, saying, "so that is my redo from last August when I last saw you, remember? I wanted to wait until your work was a better standard, and I have seen your work on Facebook and well done, your work is beautiful now, I just love these nails!"
I was speechless...but then stood my ground and explained that although I had stated I would refund or replace, it was certainly not on hold for 12 months until my work had improved! I would require payment today, and it was something she needed to discuss with me prior to having her nails done, not after! To add insult she had not bought any money at all with her!
She did drop back later and pay in full, but it was one of the most uncomfortable conversations I have ever had!

Oh my days some people actually amaze me with their cheek! Well done for standing your ground hun :hug:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I'm speechless at the audacity of some people!! I don't think I would have known what to say if I was in that situation! How bloody cheeky! Sounds like you handled that very well though :) I would have wanted to jab her with my tools lol

Latest posts

Back