My client's gels completely fell off-any help/advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salwal83

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new to salon geek I qualified as a nail tech 3 years and set up as a professional mobile nail tech in April this year (prior to this was just doing friends and family around 2/3 a week). Since I set up I've been doing around 10 sets a week of NSI gel extensions and have never had a problem, my clients usually go around 2-4 weeks before infills.

However, last night I did a lady's nails, full set gel with natural elation tips with builder pink blush gel, top coat of glaze and go. She was very pleased with them and so I came away happy! She was a nail biter so we kept the length really short!

She messaged me this afternoon and said that all her nails fell off in the night!! I'm completely baffled why would this happen. I've messaged the other lady's I did yesterday and there's are all fine. It's a new lamp (bought July), I prepped all nails using a metal cuticle tool and buffed the shine off her natural nail, buffed the tip, used pure plus, primed natural nail, applied two coats of gel, glaze and go top coat. Have aftercare advice etc.

All my products, lamp etc are all from nsi.

She said she does not have time to have them done again so I've said I will refund her (which I've got to post to her).

Has anyone ever heard of this happening before? Its the first time someone has come back to me so feel completely heart broken lol!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

She's a nail biter....she bit them off!
Either that or she has a poltergeist :eek:

Hi everyone,

I'm new to salon geek I qualified as a nail tech 3 years and set up as a professional mobile nail tech in April this year (prior to this was just doing friends and family around 2/3 a week). Since I set up I've been doing around 10 sets a week of NSI gel extensions and have never had a problem, my clients usually go around 2-4 weeks before infills.

However, last night I did a lady's nails, full set gel with natural elation tips with builder pink blush gel, top coat of glaze and go. She was very pleased with them and so I came away happy! She was a nail biter so we kept the length really short!

She messaged me this afternoon and said that all her nails fell off in the night!! I'm completely baffled why would this happen. I've messaged the other lady's I did yesterday and there's are all fine. It's a new lamp (bought July), I prepped all nails using a metal cuticle tool and buffed the shine off her natural nail, buffed the tip, used pure plus, primed natural nail, applied two coats of gel, glaze and go top coat. Have aftercare advice etc.

All my products, lamp etc are all from nsi.

She said she does not have time to have them done again so I've said I will refund her (which I've got to post to her).

Has anyone ever heard of this happening before? Its the first time someone has come back to me so feel completely heart broken lol!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Did she send proof? Always ask for pictures and if possible for the nails that have fallen off, that was you can see for yourself that she's telling the truth. For me, refunds are always last resorts! You said she's a nail biter, theres a good chance she's bitten them off which you would be able tell if you saw them.

Put it down to experience and concentrate on all the happy returning clients you do have.
Nail biters are notorious for this.
Yes, it is great when a set lasts on a biter and they manage to grow their nails thanks to all your help. However for every one like that there are 3 that continue to bite and pick off their enhancements.

Thanks everyone for your replies really appreciated confirmed really what I was thinking but wanted some more professional advice! I've always known someone would come back one day as you can't please everyone (especially nail biters) still makes me sad though but ill get over it haha xx

I actually tell my nail biter customers that they are likely to break easier. And aftercare advice is to not put them in her mouth as they weaken them.
With such little nail beds. They dont have as much leverage.
Ive actually refused one nail biter as they were none existant.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Mmmmm.....sounds fishy to me.
Bit like the old "they floated off while i was in the bath" line.
As per what all the other posters have said...
she's chewed them off...couldnt help herself and now feels like a prat,in relation to the money shes spent,so probably thought shed try for a refund.

Chin up love...look at ALL them HAPPY clients :biggrin:

You must ask for a picture before sending refund or demand to see her explian you need to analyse them to understand as this has never happened to you before.
Let us know if you hear back from her cause I can bet if shes bit them off she wont send that picture or come in to see you x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

:biggrin: sorry .... But it just can't happen!

We do not accept photos of clients nails. Our clients have to make an appearance in the salon and let us have a look; when you ask them to do this, they never do! They know they will be busted.

We never give any guarantees to nail biters ... They have abused their own nails for years, why would we think they won't abuse ours? We know they will (or at least the majority of them will ... Some are successful at kicking the habit thank goodness).

Don't send a refund without looking at the nails first! Sounds like a big fat porkie pie to me!

Latest posts

Back