My first client today

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indigo1

Reaction score
And I'm not happy, it took me 2 hrs 30 mins, which was ok for me but, the smile lines were not great, probably more bumpy than they should be, and some of my beads were too wet, and I could see bubbles in the l&p but I was so concerned of time. Also I couldn't have blended the tips properly as you could slightly see it through the pink. She didn't know she was my first real client as I thought it would make it even worse, but she knows i haven't been a nail tech long. She paid me and re booked for three weeks, but I think once she has a good look she may cancel, if they haven't fallen off by then.

My husband said she wouldn't have re booked if she wasn't happy but I can't help but feel I did a bad job and can't get it off my mind.

I wish I took a picture, I had my camera with me. How did you feel once you left your first client? Did you feel happy with what you did?

I have another lady on Friday, and I'm looking forward to putting the things I did wrong this time right.

Faye

You can't get experience without .. experience!
You won't always be happy with what you do (I'm still not always happy with what I do). It is all part of your growth. Don't loose sleep over it but neither should you try to pull the wool over your clients' eyes and pretend to be something you are not.

Let clients know that it is a partnership between you and them and that if needs be, you will put things right that they are not happy with. I wouldn't say this at the outset, but I would just do it and show willing to do it if the situation arises.

Good luck and well done ... your time will get faster ... don't push the river ... just let it flow. x

Aww don't worry about it, practice makes perfect. You need to persevere with it and it's good to see the little things that maybe the clients don't take so much notice of but we do which pushes us to want to do better next time. We all have to start somewhere!

I remember when I had my very first client, I was a bag of nerves and sweating like mad! Even had my notes sneakily to the side of me just in case my mind went blank but thankfully it didn't. Took ages and did a pants job in my opinion but now it's just second nature, though every client is a new challenge in a good way as every pair of hands is different and every client is different.

Before you know it it'll be like water off a duck's back!

My motto is 'winners never quit and quitters never win'!

HTH :hug: :hug: :hug:

Well done it sounds like you were dead nervous and you did a good job because as your husband said she did book for 3 weeks time! I have my first client on Saturday and I am so nervous already!! This thread has helped me! :)
Gail
x

Dont panic just mentally make note of the areas you think u fell down on and practice and try to improve, it takes time and as Geeg said even when you've been doing it yrs you still sometimes arent 100% happy but you will always be continually learning and improving and as long as you do so you are on the right track!!.
And not telling your first client that they were was not pulling the wool over anyones eyes, it would probably give someone an excuse to pick fault IMO.
Good luck, and make use of all the advice and ppl there are here to help u on ur way i wish i had access to it when i started out :)

Thanks for your replies, it helps when I know other people have been in the same position. Bless my husband, he's a shoe repairer and keeps telling me he's not always 100% happy and he's been doing it years, and it takes time... I know he's right though!!

Anyway was feeling quite good until a couple of days ago, my lady who booked for today cancelled, her little boy isn't well, but I have a feeling she was in a rush and went somewhere else, then a lady who phoned to book a party, left a mobile number that is just dead!!! Very frustrating, was all looking up the other day , now I have nothing!!! Oh well I suppose that's how it goes, I best get off my bum and go do some marketing!!

Thanks again

Faye

Latest posts

Back