My Gelish experiment!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to be changing Cheba out to the Good Gossip Red to go with her red/pink dress this week--I'll send you a pic.

I have the Good Gossip and it is fab, and a pic would be even better!!! ;)

Lots of lovely helpful information in this thread but i fear the fumes,sorry, vapours,are getting to me now.I think I,ve just read about a dogs claws being done to match her dress. LOL what a little star,dont forget the pictures of Cheba's new look x

Yes, that is what you read!! LOL!! Cheba is a girly girl and when we get back from our trip Monday we are both going to need manis! Will post a pic! You did see her pics of the Ocean Wave Gelish on the first page of the thread!?!

Yes, that is what you read!! LOL!! Cheba is a girly girl and when we get back from our trip Monday we are both going to need manis! Will post a pic! You did see her pics of the Ocean Wave Gelish on the first page of the thread!?!
Yes, she looked really proud of them.!!!!

Very cute! Wait till you see her in her pink dress--it is her fav!

She is so beautiful she deserves to be a cover girl!

Did my first Gelish over L&P this morning so we will see how that goes. She has had coloured gel over L&P for the last 2 times and this was so, so much better, look absolutely beautiful, thin and even. Used Rose Garden. Will post pics into my album, if I remember, later on. ;)

I love it she looks good, I also paint my dogs nails much to the annoyance of my teenage son... Suki regularly gets a new colour lol and my daughter Niambh thinks it's cool

Mrs V :D

I will be taking a workshop next week with the gelish colors. If it is anywhere near as good as their l&p system, i´ll be thrilled. Just love the dogs paws... amazing that he let you do this, how adorable!!

Mieke, what do you find so good about the L&P? I have just received a trial kit but haven't used it yet as I don't want to take my Gelish off! I have heard the L&P is good but maybe you can describe in what way for us? ;)

Mieke, what do you find so good about the L&P? I have just received a trial kit but haven't used it yet as I don't want to take my Gelish off! I have heard the L&P is good but maybe you can describe in what way for us? ;)

The adhesion is excellent, workability is great, very easy to pinch |holds its shape very well| easy to file but very strong once it has completely hardened, the colors stay true.... The only negative thing that i can say * just my opinion* is that i feel that their renew pink isnt quite as opaque as i would like it to be. But this probably just varies from what a person is looking for.

The adhesion is excellent, workability is great, very easy to pinch |holds its shape very well| easy to file but very strong once it has completely hardened, the colors stay true.... The only negative thing that i can say * just my opinion* is that i feel that their renew pink isnt quite as opaque as i would like it to be. But this probably just varies from what a person is looking for.

Is this the Harmony brand? xx

Just LOL, *shakes head. Now where's my cat hiding.......

Last edited:
Changed my Gelish colour last night, old one was still perfect but wanted to try one of the other colours, you know how it is. Soak off took about 15 minutes with cold hands, came off no problem and left nails clean. Looking really good again in their new colour so a very happy girl today! :D

The lamp has yet to be released. It cures in 2 minutes in a regular UV lamp but 10 seconds in the LED (when it comes out).
Do you Know how safe this LED light is? Does it only give out UVA and not UVB? Studies are even being done on UVA now with its possable harmful effects. Lamps don't put out that much but still concerns me a little if used alot.

Also I bougth Shellac because CND has taken some of the products that cause allergic reaction to some people out of it. Does gelish do that also? I'm very health minded since I also put shellac on my kids and grandkids. Haven't tried on my dogs yet. I have three toy poodles and having trouble just keeping them groomed.

Last edited:
Changed my Gelish colour last night, old one was still perfect but wanted to try one of the other colours, you know how it is. Soak off took about 15 minutes with cold hands, came off no problem and left nails clean. Looking really good again in their new colour so a very happy girl today! :D
Thats good to know,glad you are happy with it. What will you do about removal charge,include it with the application or when they come back:D Is there a uk distributor now xx

I've been wearing Gelish over L&P from February and change my colour every 3 weeks, even though it doesn't move, chip or peel, I just want to try new colours. It soaks off so quickly too.

I was at the Launch/Training Seminar in Belfast, Northern Ireland on Sunday and thoroughly enjoyed it. I've got 9 colours so far, and the L&P is a dream to work with and wear. I just love it!!! :D

Latest posts

Back