My Mom Is Ill

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ms.Matrix

Tweetacular Geek!
Reaction score
Hey geeks,

My 64 year old mom had an episode Sunday where she went into a diabetic coma, at first I thought her blood sugar had dropped to 34, but I find out it was actually 24. We rushed her to the ER (Emergency Room) and the doctors started treating her. She was very unresponsive, she didn't know who I was and it took her a while to remember me, she thought I was one of the nurses. She vomitted about 3 times, she kept complaining that she was cold, matter of fact she was physically shivering and her blood pressure was 226/180, waaaay to high. I stayed with her all night and they took her to a room about 6 Monday morning, she then started to run a fever and even though her pressure had dropped some it was still high 203/80, she was still kind of out of it.

I went to see her Monday and she seemed a lot better, however Tuesday when I went she was unresponsive again and they kicked us out of the room and the First Respose Team rushed in....I was a worried, nervous wreck. I was trying to be strong but I broke down. :cry: She had a blood sugar count of one hundred and something which is good,, but she wasn't responding which is downright confusing

The doctors are baffled as to why she keeps having these episodes of unresponsiveness. When I spoke to the doctor today he said that she had yet another episode and it seems to happen right when they are waking her up it takes about 30 mins for them to get her responsive again.

The Social Worker at the hospital says that they are recommending that she goes to a nursing home for physical therapy for 3 weeks to a month for her to get strong...I know that is what's best but the thought of my being at a nursing home scares me something awful.

On top of all this my oldest son is missing, I haven't seen him since Monday evening, I don't feel like re-typing all the details so here is the link for the thread http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/48845-really-angry-moment.html

Please geeks please keep me and my family in your thoughts and prayers...I need all the support I can get right now.

oh Yoland, you have a real tough time right now, stay strong, and all our thoughts are with you and your family. xx:hug:

Thinking of you Yolanda.....I am sure you will be a great source of strength for your mother and help her through this.....and we will all be here to support you. :hug:

Jake, my youngest twin had a blood sugar reading of 1.4 when he was a few hours old and he is fine now - Doctor was amazed at how fine he was considering his test results.

Don't worry, be strong for your mum :hug:

Oh hunny, I am so sorry. My love and support is with you and your family. :hug:
Love Jules
xxxx

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers yolanda, stay strong for your mom hun :hug:

Yolanda hunny life can be a struggle with all its twists and turns but out of every rain cloud comes a rainbow :hug: Stay strong babes xxxxxxxxxx

Prayers on the way sweetie for you and your family .....

Thinking of you and your family, stay strong, thoughts are with you hun x x x

Thank you guys so much for your support. I spoke with the doctors again and she had yet another episode. I'm hoping that they can get to the bottom of all of this.

Thank you all again.

Your certainly having a tough time, my thoughts and prayers are with you honey and your family. You know you have many friends here and myspace looking out for you;)
Much love xx

Yolanda praying for you and all the family, we all love you so remember that you ahve that wehn your feeling down x

Ah hun....

I have no words to make this easier. All I can offer is a shoulder to lean on, an ear to rant at, and kleenex (no, whoops, make that toilet paper, we're too cheap to buy kleenex. sorry:o ), and a 'virtual' hug anytime you need it luv.

We're all here for you, I'm sure you know that.
It certainly seems that you've had more than your fair share.

I know you're christian. But I'm sure that you won't mind if I light a pagan candle for you, because you'll know it's coming from the right place.

Giant hugs doll!!
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: Oh Yolanda, I had hoped today would have been better for you. You know just Yahoo if you need a cyber shoulder to cry on.
hugs
Rachel
xxxx:hug: :hug:

Ah hun....

I have no words to make this easier. All I can offer is a shoulder to lean on, an ear to rant at, and kleenex (no, whoops, make that toilet paper, we're too cheap to buy kleenex. sorry:o ), and a 'virtual' hug anytime you need it luv.

We're all here for you, I'm sure you know that.
It certainly seems that you've had more than your fair share.

I know you're christian. But I'm sure that you won't mind if I light a pagan candle for you, because you'll know it's coming from the right place.

Giant hugs doll!!
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
I know it's coming from your heart babe and that's all that matters!

Thank you all again!

PS. I still haven't heard from Darius yet...I filed a missing persons report with the police.

Aww huni I'm so sorry to hear all what you and your family are going through, I hope that your mum improves soon, you must be so scared and worried. :hug: And to top it all of your son missing is adding to all your worries, hope that he comes back to you soon as well. You are all definitely in my thoughts and I hope life gets better for you real soon! :hug: xx

Oh Yolanda, what an awful time you are having. Just reading your recent posts make me want to cry.:cry:

We all have bad times.. and i second what everyone has said.. its so hard but so important to be strong. Lets hope your doctors get to the bottom of the problems with your mum, and your son comes home soon.
Maybe he will realise what you have been going through.
Thinking of you hun. xxx:hug: :hug: :hug:

I do hope you have some more positive news soon.:hug:

Stay strong Yolanda ... thoughts are with you :hug:

Yolanda you are all in my prayers, your mum, you, Darius and little Marlon and I pray you all have the strength to get through this. Darius is a survivor and I am sure he is fine, but doesn't make you worry any the less. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Latest posts

Back