My new business website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airendaie

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

So here goes, bit scared of putting my website out there on the net! I would appreciate any feedback if you have the time.

The thing that is bugging me at the minute is my treatment menu. I wanted to put in a description of my treatments but this makes the list huuuuge! I'm not sure if I should just have a simple price list and descriptions on another page, or a seperate page for each type of treatment.

Here is the address: Endrick Esthetique

I am still working on my aftercare page, I'm trying to figure out how to put a pdf file on the page so that you can click on it and it pops up (like a photo in a gallery) and for it to be downloadable as well.

Please let me know if you see any other problems :)

Air x

I think it looks professional, its clear and easy to understand.

The treatment menu is a little long. Could you not maybe hyperlink the treatments, so if people want to know more a description pops up if you click?

But looks really good - well done you! xx

Very nice- I like it, especially the logo of course (cough)

The only thing I'd tweak is the text spacings (especially on pages like the Pamper Parties one)- I seem to be doing a lot more scrolling than I need to. Seems to be a lot of double spacing going on.

Thank you both for your input!

Lisa that sounds like a good idea, I'm going to see if I can figure out how to do that!

Carl I will check out the spacing and try and make it more compact. The logo is lovely isn't it :D

Air x

I think the website looks great, but for me the background is a bit busy. :green:

I think the website looks great, but for me the background is a bit busy. :green:

Dito

Also get rid of

Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)

And the Powered by Blogger, there is nothing in there terms and conditions to say you cant, well there wasn't last time I looked.

If you want advice on how to do it then give us a shout.

As for the pdf's, Blogger only allows you to upload images, there is a way around having a link on your site to a pdf, it isn't perfect but it is free and it will allow users to view and download the pdf in their browser.

Do you have the software to create pdf's, if not then I swear by this, it is much better than microsoft office and again its free

Apache OpenOffice Downloads

All you do is write your document in Word and click on the little tab at the top and it converts it into a pdf document.

I think your website is really funky and I love the design, colours and logo. Another fantastic job from Carl!!

I do think you could fine tune a bit, especially your treatment page. Is it possible to have separate drop down pages from your treatment page, for each treatment instead of them all on one page?
I know exactly what you mean about wanting a description in there!

By the way thanks for a visual reminder that I havn't put my hours on my contact me page!!:o

Well done, overall I think it's great.

I do think you could fine tune a bit, especially your treatment page. Is it possible to have separate drop down pages from your treatment page, for each treatment instead of them all on one page?
I know exactly what you mean about wanting a description in there!

You are limited with what you can do with blogger, you need to hack the hell out of it to get it right, you can create dropdowns but it isnt a one click wonder you need to start creating your own html files for it to work.

Thank you all for your feedback! I will work on all these points today. I have some basic html knowledge and have had to edit the html a lot to get this far! Otherwise the Blogger templates are very limitative.

It's great to have some fresh eyes look at it :D

I like the background, makes it look funky.

The one thing I would change is to make the text slightly bigger on the treatment menu page, so that it matches the text size of the rest of the site. Like Carl says, just condense the page a little more by decreasing the spaces between each treatment and paragraph.

Apart from that I love it. I really like the colour as well, its very unusual.

I have just update my website - www.shimmer-beauty.co.uk - Shimmer Beauty - Mobile Beauty in East Sussex/West Kent - CND Shellac, Waxing, Gel Nails, Spray Tanning, Manicures, Pedicures, MInx, Rockstar, Hollywood Toes.. Tell me what you think of mine as well as it's always good to have feedback.

Thanks

For the treatment menu page, how about using jQuery to do "slide-downs" so that when you click on a group of treatments, e.g. "Eve Taylor Facials" or "Eyelash Extensions", then that particular part of the treatment menu slides down to reveal the treatment descriptions and prices?

Latest posts

Back