My new case study with photo's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rose143

Very Proud Creative Geek
Reaction score
Hi Peeps,

I came home one very happy little nail tech tonight. I made a lady very happy thanks to the nails I did for her.

She used to go to her local NSS salon and thought that no one would ever be able to give her natural looking nails ever again so stuck with them. Her daughter recommended she book in with me and her daughter promised she would be so much happier with her nails. Anyhoo, I saw this woman's nails tonight and got the fright of my life, they were the worst nails I have ever been asked to work on. I have now decided to do a case study on her to moniter her improvement every two weeks. Please see below pictures:

The first before picture is to show you how the NSS salon shred her nails by removing the enhancements incorrectly (they ripped them off with a tip) and how dented her nails are from incorrect use of drills. I then took a photo to show you how I improvd them. I sculpted pink and white L&P, using perfect pink to elongate the nail bed slightly first before applying my whites.

The second before picture is to show you how dented her nails are. Her R/H baby finger had no nail at all so I had to make one. Her nails were in a terrifying mess. Peeps, I seriously panicked when I sat in front of these nails. I am very proud that I could improve them for her. I tried my absolute best and remained confident that I could help her. She was so happy she nearly cried. I know my smiles are far from perfect and in the photo you can still see a bit of the nail underneath but in real life :irked: you can't see any colour difference at all. This is my first nailless full set I've ever been asked to do and I am so happy I took the challenge head on!! :D

Bless her, she still asked me if this was the worst set of nails I'd ever seen and I said yes but they won't be when I'm done :)

All Comments welcome!!!

xxxx

Well done Rose ~ what a fab make-over, can see why your lady was so pleased.
KxXx

Very nice rose!

Especially with what you had to work with, wow, can't believe the damage!!

Only suggestion, maybe a slightly deeper smile, they still look like quite short nail beds. and the index finger on right hand has a slightly different shape.
(longer sidewalls on the white before starting to curve)

But overall, boy, what a transformation!!

what a transformation !!!!
they look lovely no wonder she was pleased
Deb x

this client is very lucky to have found you rose- well done!

Nice transformation Rose very flattering shape and length. I reacon you are going to have the lady as a client for many years to come.

Take care xx

Envy said:
Very nice rose!

Especially with what you had to work with, wow, can't believe the damage!!

Only suggestion, maybe a slightly deeper smile, they still look like quite short nail beds. and the index finger on right hand has a slightly different shape.
(longer sidewalls on the white before starting to curve)

But overall, boy, what a transformation!!

Thank you for that Envy, I will bare that in mind when I do her Rebalance :hug:

xxxx

Thank you for your kind replies everybody, if you think I can improve somewhere please speak or forever hold your peace :wink2: I tried to take a photo really close up but it didn't come out too great.

xxxx

Fab! Nice set of nails what you have there, can understand why she was pleased.

What a stunning transformation!

What a truly horrendous nightmare for you to look at. I'd of been scared to death:Scared: , but i'd still have done my best.

She should be shouting your name from the rooftops!.

Well done x

I think you've done a lovely job transforming them :D

The only suggestion I could make would be maybe to have used an opaque custom blend to lengthen the nailbeds instead of the Perfect Pink. Not because they look bad now, but because it would have been a perfect opportunity to give it a go and genuinely see the difference it could make.

They look lovely - great job :hug:

lucky lady, well done rose. there looking fab.x

you should be proud of your work. That damage was shocking and it really brings it home just how destructive these people are. You have now proven to at least one person the value of good training, care and experience over a quick set for a quick buck.
Well done hunny.

Trinity Nails said:
I think you've done a lovely job transforming them :D

The only suggestion I could make would be maybe to have used an opaque custom blend to lengthen the nailbeds instead of the Perfect Pink. Not because they look bad now, but because it would have been a perfect opportunity to give it a go and genuinely see the difference it could make.

They look lovely - great job :hug:

I am quite gutted that I didn't have my custom blend powder kit with me Trin, to be honest when people say to me on the phone, "my nails are a state" I've normally seen worse but in this lady's case it was the worst set ever!! Oh well, what's the moral of the story? Take all your powders where ever you go :)

Thanks for that Trin :hug:

xxxx

tamimac said:
you should be proud of your work. That damage was shocking and it really brings it home just how destructive these people are. You have now proven to at least one person the value of good training, care and experience over a quick set for a quick buck.
Well done hunny.

You're right there! This is going on my website to show exactly what is under those nails that these NSS salons produce. Yes they cheap, yes they quick but to end up with nails like this is something no one should have to sacrifice for the sake of money!!!!

xxxx

I can't believe what a state her nails were in! Well done you. Lets hope she now tells all of her family/ friends how fab you are x x

Rose143 said:
You're right there! This is going on my website to show exactly what is under those nails that these NSS salons produce. Yes they cheap, yes they quick but to end up with nails like this is something no one should have to sacrifice for the sake of money!!!!

xxxx

I went to a NSS a while back, before I started my training, and the person I had was a butcher, my fingers blead and hurt for days were as the time before I went and they didnt even touch my cuticles. I didnt know non the wiser until I started my training (which was only 3 weeks ago) and I stear clear, just my own personal experience. Were as people I do know have been before and havent experienced any problems at all. :confused:

But well done though, you done a fab job !

Wow!
Well done! What a trabsformation, great job.

Helencad said:
I went to a NSS a while back, before I started my training, and the person I had was a butcher, my fingers blead and hurt for days were as the time before I went and they didnt even touch my cuticles. I didnt know non the wiser until I started my training (which was only 3 weeks ago) and I stear clear, just my own personal experience. Were as people I do know have been before and havent experienced any problems at all. :confused:

But well done though, you done a fab job !

I know what you mean, I use to got to one of these places and it took about 6 months to a year for my nails to get back to what they were and this I tell my clients who then hopefully tell their friends!!!

xxxx

Yeah, they leave your nails extremely week. Now I look back and realise the contra actions but I had no knowledge of this until I started my course!! There is a lot of people that do not have knowledge of what happens to their nails!!

Latest posts

Back