My New Hair Extensions!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
again lovely - how did you learn then??

I've had them for a year... Lots or reading, tutorials, speaking to extensionists, hair forums, and practicing with "dolly" My fake head! We've become great freinds. lol. :green:

I just seem to have a "knack" for things like this.. Nails, hair, make up and stuff.. I just can't wait to do my course so i can do them properly!
I've seen some sets that make mine look complete rubbish, but it's like nails isn't it i suppose, always eyeing up someone elses work!

I was watching the ladies at the show last weekend and I think I'd always thought it was more complicated than it looked. Does anyone know where there any good places to train? Do you have to have hairdressing qualifications to do a course?

I was watching the ladies at the show last weekend and I think I'd always thought it was more complicated than it looked. Does anyone know where there any good places to train? Do you have to have hairdressing qualifications to do a course?

It does look easier than it is when you watch someone else do it...
Not all "sticking it on in rows" - Well that's what i thought you did when i first had them...
When you've had a few sets done, start reading up and practicing - you realize about balancing them, timing the glue, placement on different types of hair, and don't even start on colour blending!!! The ones i have in now didn't match and i had two tone hair! Had to dye it - then not all hair reacts the same to dyes.....
And when you try the first set on a human - be ready to be on your feet for at least 6-7 hours - or 8-9 if you have breaks. Need a lot of patience and good shoes

By posting these pics i wasn't putting down hair extensionsists - the job they do is really difficult and that's why they are so expensive!
I'm just saying happy with mine - but they did not look like this before i went to the hairdressers - the cut made them look this way - I'm very fortunate to know someone with so much experience with them. I had my first set (done professionally) cut by a hairdresser who thought it was the same as normal hair and i ended up with dreadlocks!

hi there

your extensions look awesome ..........

i have had about mine done loadsa of times... id be lost without mine now i have them done every three months.... just about to have this lot out an new set in i have the racoon ones never had any probs there ace..!

i dunno hair ext nail ext theyl be wonderin whats real on me lol..

Hayl

Hiya,
Had my new extensions extensions blended today i love them!
They look better than i had before, even had someone at work not able to figure out what was different so they must look pretty real.. should have taken a before photo, but it was the same as my avatar..
so i went really dark and really long.. Test run for the wedding next month...
I love!
View attachment 2595

View attachment 2596

View attachment 2597
hello there

they look fab really cool.............hot!!! whatever the hip is.
i'd lovve to have extensions, i am growing out a spiral, and my hair doomed................:cry:
you say you did these yourself, wow.
if you fancy doing mine, i'd be forever grateful.......thats if this is your thing. what do you charge?

other than that, do you recommend an A1 hair extensionist, as non of my friends have them, and not any salons in my area doing it, seen one girl in the area and they looked :mad: yuk yuk yuk. not natural at all

let me know

Normally i end i get up in arms about a non hairdresser doing hair extensions,but on this occasion there is no disputing the fact that you have a natural talent,get some training when you get back,you will do well ! xxxxx

Latest posts

Back