My New Salon Location

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Violet Star

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Im soooo excited, As most of you know ive had a home based salon room which was based in a spare bedroom which had a bed in and other bedroom furniture it become quite cramped in their with all my beauty things.

Well i have been converting my garage for my new home based salon, its BRIGHT pink with vinyl flooring which will be fitted next week. I shall be getting all my qualification certificates on my wall and some salon pictures. One section is for nails so i will have a nail picture, one section is for tanning so i will get a tanning picture and one section is for Hair extensions and make up (once training is done for these two).

I have a little reception desk in their with a radio and a kettle to make tea for clients.

Im soo excited for this i cant wait for it to be all complete.

Does anyone else have converted garage to a salon?

xx

Oooh that sounds exciting I love pink!!! :hug: Will be interested to hear of others experiences as this is something I have wondered about.

How exciting! are you going to do a picture blog for all of the nosies like me?

Yes i will sure be putting pictureson my gallery :green:

Off to carpet right today or order my flooring and finish painting it pink

xx

wow! it sounds lovely. I have been toying with the idea of converting my garage for when and if I find my feet:rolleyes:. (I haven't started 'working' on paying clients yet).
Your garage sounds really big to be able to fit all that stuff in - does it have a toilet/wash basin? I'm hoping to be able to fit a nail table, a pedicure chair/station (I'd love one of those spa pedicure chairs), a table for waxing (when I've had training) and space for my spray tanning tent. Don't think I'll be able to fit all that in so may have to sacrafice something lol.
Good luck and can't wait to see your piccies for some inspiration x :lol:

wow! it sounds lovely. I have been toying with the idea of converting my garage for when and if I find my feet:rolleyes:. (I haven't started 'working' on paying clients yet).
Your garage sounds really big to be able to fit all that stuff in - does it have a toilet/wash basin? I'm hoping to be able to fit a nail table, a pedicure chair/station (I'd love one of those spa pedicure chairs), a table for waxing (when I've had training) and space for my spray tanning tent. Don't think I'll be able to fit all that in so may have to sacrafice something lol.
Good luck and can't wait to see your piccies for some inspiration x :lol:

I was also toying with the idea for god knows how long, never thought it was possible until one day i cleared out the entire junk from the garage as i dont use any of it!Cleaned it up got rid of the yukk spiders and started painting. Started doing this yesterday and in 24 hours ive cleared out it all and painted half of it.

Just ordered my vinyl flooring which wasnt that pricey.It is allot easier than you think it is - you just have to go for it.

I dont have a sink in their but the garage is connected to my kitchen so all i have to do is open the door and kitchen is their for tea and water etc.

Pictures should be up about thurs/fri
xx

unfortunately my garage needs a little more than clearing out the clutter. That's fantastic that you'd managed to do it in 24 hours. Do you have separate access to the salon or will clients go through the house? It'll be interesting to hear from any other geeks who have done anything similar x

Hi
I am a home based therapist and I converted my garage as my treatment room. It works well for me as I have two children and I am not ready to take on the responsibility of my own salon at the moment. Clients come through the house and as my garage is off the utility room I have access to water and I also have a downstairs toilet for clients to use if they need to. My husband did most of the conversion and he put down wooden flooring and dimmer switches on the lights. I am really pleased with the room and I think all my clients are too! I prefer it to converting a bedroom as it feels like a proper workspace rather than taking clients upstairs into a bedroom.:lol:

Hi, I too have a converted garage as my Beauty studio. I did this 3 years ago and it has been the best thing ever, although it is smaller than I would have liked it is still enough at the moment, I have lamenate flooring, painted walls. I have a nail desk in one corner with small area of storage at the side, I have a sledge spa therapy bed which is really solid and has storage underneath and as the boiler was in this part of the garage my hubbie who did the conversion has encased it in a full length cupboard stained the wood in the same colour as the floor and created additional storage. I also offer tanning so have a pop up cubicle which I do have to move my nail table in order to have enough room to assemble it but once done I have plenty of space. I also have a downstairs bathroom for clients. If you are in a position to do this I would recommend it to anyone especially as I have 2 children it is so convieniant. I will try to take a few photo`s tomorow and load them up.

That great news, can't wait to see what it looks like

Good luck

As promised I have uploaded into my album pictures of my studio at home. As I said its Compact lol but still great and enough room for me at the moment.

As promised I have uploaded into my album pictures of my studio at home. As I said its Compact lol but still great and enough room for me at the moment.

Wow great pics - You should feel proud its a lovely room and very compact. well done :green:

I have just uploaded pics of my new salon locations - converted garage in my home. Still some finishing toches to finish such as a mirror and some posters.

let me know what you think
xx

Well done for getting up and runing so quickly. Hope you'll be very successful with your new 'location' xx

Well done for getting up and runing so quickly. Hope you'll be very successful with your new 'location' xx

Thank you very much :hug: xx

Latest posts

Back