My Secret Santa Has Speedy Delivery

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
:lol:

IMAGINE my SURPRISE when the postman showed up this morning.....and handed me a package from the UK.:eek:

Talk about speedy delivery!!! I only just finished dishing out all the names yesterday:!:
Of course, a little bird (SassyHassy) told me way back that someone volunteered to be my secret santa so that I'd have one.:wink2:

And of course, I'm a naughty little brat and there was NO WAY that I was waiting till christmas to open this pretty package. YES, the wrapping is torn to shreds:lol:

My Secret Santa is "happyhands" who sent me HUMBUGS from Marks&Spencer:!: For those not "in the know", these are very special to me. My Nana was from England, and when we had a "Marks&spencer" here, she used to give us these whenever we visited. My Nana always was and always will be a Grand special lady, although she's gone. Humbugs is how I revisit my childhood, the few happy moments that there were... and make me cry every time. I lost her to Cancer when I was 16. Even when she was very ill, she made lemon meringue and trifle for my birthday.:cry:

To Sassy & Happy Hands... thanks very much for my pathetic little crybaby-fest this morning:lol: My daughter's confused why I'm crying over a pressie. :lol:

So.. YES I will be a greedy glutton and eat them all by myself!
As happy hands wrote:
"All yours hun, don't share or you will not pass go and you will not collect 200$"

I dont need the 200$ anyway, I got my humbugs:!:

Thanks so VERY much:Love: :Love: :Love: :Love:
You've touched my heart.

PS: and my VERY FIRST xmas card of the season too!! and LOVELY it is!!

yeah i can come out in the open now..:). i am not a bar humbug any more.:lol::lol: you dont know how hard it was for me reading all those threads and not being able to share in the joy.. glad you like them hun..:hug::hug:.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You big faker you!!!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks luv:!:

how cool !!!! bar humbug indeed xxx

well done happyhands for making victoria cry......!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Blimey, you were quick off the mark HH, thought I was good, I bought mine last night, posting later!:hug:

Wow that was swift delivery - I haven't even been the shops yet!!! It's a priority though before I go in to have the babes!!

i did have a bit more notice than you guys.. as soon as this santa thing came up i went out and got them.. i thought they would take ages to get there:irked:

You are a bad girl victoria "is it crimbo yet" i dont think soo:smack::smack: that should have gone under your tree..:lol::lol:

I went out searching the shops this morning for the perfect gift for my Secret Santa partner, all I have to do now is write the card wrap the pressie and post it, so it will be turning up on someones doorstep before very long.

Joan

Awh, how very sweet. :hug:

Well, I'm all excited as I now need to go shopping for a Geek who didn't have high expectations (NOT !) :lol: :lol: Really looking forward to it.

When should we post them, early to make sure Geeks get them in time, or a bit later in December ??

Marlise

Awh, how very sweet. :hug:

Well, I'm all excited as I now need to go shopping for a Geek who didn't have high expectations (NOT !) :lol: :lol: Really looking forward to it.

When should we post them, early to make sure Geeks get them in time, or a bit later in December ??

Marlise

I posted mine today - it is one more thing to tick off my list of things to do LOL.

Aww thats really touching... and that they meant so much too. I'm on the ball aswell!... I bought mine their prezzie this morning, is all wrapped now and ready to send probably tomorrow! :green:

Aww thats really touching... and that they meant so much too. I'm on the ball aswell!... I bought mine their prezzie this morning, is all wrapped now and ready to send probably tomorrow! :green:

You peeps are moving fast !!

My little shopping trip will have to wait until the weekend ....

Marlise

Ouuuucchhheeeee :cry:

You slapped me TWICE:cry: (toddles off to find a band-aid)

:lol:

yeah, I'm the WORST kid of all. It's funny. If I dont get a gift, I'm not bothered BUT if I know one is there, and I can SEE it? OMG:!: I have no patience. I'm the absolute worst, shaking etc... :lol:
BUT it's when people open what I got for them.. always makes me all soft and gooey inside hehehe

My advice to everyone is get your packages in the post as early as possible. Post during december is SOOO not reliable. PARTICULARLY since some of us have to ship across an ocean here and there. That adds a few delays. THEN add custom's.... if you're shipping out of the country. Custom's likes to hold things hostage sometimes. I KNOW.. happens to me on a regular basis :lol:
I'm dreading my poor recipient's pm to me saying "I didn't get mine yet, can you check with my Santa?" :cry: This is one of the reasons I told everyone that if you don't get it by xmas, to please not pm me before the end of January.... there are always delays at xmas.
The last time I sent something to the Uk, it took 1.5mths to get there:eek:
Damn canada post:irked:

Thanks again... I'm trying to hold off opening the actual bag of humbugs.... I know once I do.. I'll be hard pressed not to eat'em all. My last bag last me a month. A bit of a record for me. BUT I'm pms'ing this week :lol: :lol:

My postman was funny, an old frenchman. Says to me "someone sent you bugs?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ROFL

Victoria you're a bad girl it's not even December yet. I just loved the irony of asking for humbugs in your wishlist for Christmas!!!!

Anyway all power to HappyHands who immediately thought that Victoria wouldn't have a secret santa and pm'ed me, so she gave up her right to have a secret santa ... so she has a sassy santa instead! (the only person out of all of us who knows who's sending it bless her!)

But my god you should have seen how many times it took us to get it worked out so that we would all get and give gifts and keep it secret from Victoria! it was hilarious, thank god we didn't organise the whole thing!

"someone sent you bugs?" pmsl i surpose they are soft and gowey in the middle:irked::irked::lol::lol:

Victoria you're a bad girl it's not even December yet. I just loved the irony of asking for humbugs in your wishlist for Christmas!!!!

Anyway all power to HappyHands who immediately thought that Victoria wouldn't have a secret santa and pm'ed me, so she gave up her right to have a secret santa ... so she has a sassy santa instead! (the only person out of all of us who knows who's sending it bless her!)

But my god you should have seen how many times it took us to get it worked out so that we would all get and give gifts and keep it secret from Victoria! it was hilarious, thank god we didn't organise the whole thing!
go on say it sassy.... being the blond i am i deleted the pm within 5 mins of her posting it to me so she had to do it all over again:irked::irked::irked: if i had more than 1 brain cell i think i would be dangerous:lol::lol::lol::lol:

go on say it sassy.... being the blond i am i deleted the pm within 5 mins of her posting it to me so she had to do it all over again:irked::irked::irked: if i had more than 1 brain cell i think i would be dangerous:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh yeah I forgot that bit!!!! :lol: haha you dobbed yourself right in it! :green: :lol:

i have always been told my feet fit perfect in my mouth:lol::lol::lol: it was funny though trying to sort it out.. who does what?? how do we do that!!! omg my poor hubby wondered what they hell we were trying to do all night..:lol::lol::eek:

Aw Happy hands and Sassy, you are so sweet.

I haven't even been out the house yet to shop for my secret santa, Lyla has a cold:( poor thing.

Latest posts

Back