My shellac actually fell off, lmao!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder my it fell off ?!

Hi I keep seeing shellac on here so I thought I'd ask what is it ? Probably sound like a right wally lol I'm doing nail services at college were learning full manicures and pedicures and nail art at moment, after that we a doing acrylic and fibreglass so I'm not very far into the course yet.... I plan on being mobile tech when I complete and it seems obvious that shellac is popular and u dnt think were learning it aT college? So do I need to do a course on this aswel if I want to keep everyone happy when I'm qualified ?
Thanks

I had this just the other day! A client came in who said she had been following her aftercare advice meticulously, and that one of Shellac nails had fallen off in her glove whilst she was doing washing up. She brought in the guilty nail, and I inspected her finger - there were no signs of picking at all! So I called S2 and they said it must have been applied too thickly... interesting! I reported this back to my client who didn't seem very happy and said that shouldn't really happen just for applying it to thickly... I mean, I suppose she has a point, but I'm not convinced as when I apply Shellac I always keep in my mind 'thin to win' and apply it so thinly that the first layer is very transparent. Anyway she came in a couple of days after saying she had lost 2 more. I am wondering if perhaps she is just one of those people who aren't Shellac compatible. Her nails are in great health though, no peeling, brittleness or anything! Never come across anything like it! Stumped :confused:

Latest posts

Back