My Spray Tan Tent for sale on Ebay has been pulled:( - is this normal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpie

Reaction score
Hi – I was advertising a spray tan tent in black on eBay – its second hand though I’ve only used for about 10 clients – Ebay have now withdrawn it saying i have breached eBay rules and a manufacturer of spray tan tents has reported my listing as they have the intellectual property rights – i wrote back to eBay saying my tent is one of many on ebay for sale and why has mine been withdrawn – they have upheld the withdrawal of my advert and gave me the details of the manufacturer who have the rights and i have to contact them. So does this mean anyone selling a tent second hand with have it withdrawn if this company report the listing – I’ve used my own title , my own description and my own foto fo the tent in my garden so have not breached copyright plus its second hand.

Does anyone know if we are not allowed to sell tents second hand as there are a lot on eBay but they have not been withdrawn though eBay did say I could alert them to similar items but im not going to do that lol!

I'm just wondering - did you use your own photo of your tent, or did you use the manufacturer's own promotional photo? Some manufacturers and certainly other Ebay users complain when their photos are used (I know this because.... ahem .... it happened to me when I was too lazy to photograph my own item for sale ....).

Just a thought as it sounds very odd that you'd be barred from selling that particular brand second hand on Ebay.

xx

Hi
i had exactly the same problem when i came to sell mine on ebay, i didnt even have any pictures up of it hadnt used anyone elses description. I listed it a few times and got it removed every time, i ended up selling it via the beauty guild instead

you could also try gumtree, ond regarding ebay, maybe list it just as a spray tan tent, without putting any brand or photo;s on the listing, and mention in the description, to contact you with email details and you will email photo's to any interested parties, and when you do you can sent them all the details on make colour etc, hth x

The UK based importer hold the patent on the original pop up tent and as this patent is still current they can and do notify E Bay if anyone is selling these items.

From a legal perspective they can only prevent sellers selling new tents and have no jurisdiction in so far as there patent rights are against individuals selling used tents and E bay are legally wrong in enforcing any patent infringement issues...they probably do so cos there thick LOL

Its a bit like Nissan preventing anyone selling any of there second hand cars outside of there dealership network.

Absolute nonsense what E bay and the patent holders are doing here.:rolleyes:

The photo I had was of my tent erected and in my back garden help i think it was even squinty in the foto lol – the description is of my owns words and no mention of what company it was bought from plus clearly stated its been used although not much – I emailed Ebay back over the weekend and said so does that mean the inventor of Dyson can start pulling the second hand adverts off Ebay for Dysons - sadly they just reiterated what they said before they were complying with the Intellectual Property Rights law – I’ve tried gum tree and I’ve relisted again next stop beauty guild!– I’ve even looked at this company design thats asked for my add to be pulled and it could be any tent thats sold on Ebay – i wouldn’t mind if i was a trader but it’s a second hand tent lol!

same thing happened to me :cry: we had last years style demo tents to sell off brown ones and i put them on ebay, STC pulled my add, i wrote to them and explained i am an authourised distributor and that the tents were bought from them and that i have the purchase invoice ect, and that as they were used items and started at £1 whats the problem !!!! i had no reply so i posted them again .... they were pulled off a second time but still no reply
when i ordered some new tents last month i asked the bloke at stc about it and he said they have employed someone to police the internet on there behalf and they are pulling all adds for cubicles on ebay :rolleyes:

I used to sell tiaras on ebay (that I made myself ) and had no end of problems them pulling my listings and they were my flipping designs!!!!!

They used excuse after excuse and in the end i gave up and went to ebid......where i had no problems.

had the same problem selling some stock I did not need, funnily enough I put the listing up on my friends account no problems!!!! lol also had seen many other sellers selling what I was no problem feels like they are picking on you directly eh! maybe try putting it on a friends ebay, do it later at night and do a buy it now or best offer and keep an eye on it as even if you get an offer and they pull it first you cant sell this happened to me also lol
Good luck ! xx

I wish ebay would do more of this when it comes to Salon only professional products - nail products and salon professional skin care.

Sorry to jump on your thread.

It just amazes me what ebay seem happy to allow.

In your case I dont see what their problem is.

Well happy to report I put it for sale later on at night Buy It Now and under a different ebay account (i forgot I used) and it sold within an hour! Not fair that this company can get ebay to do this :( but i sold the tent so happy!

Glad you managed to sell it, it is mad what some people get away with putting on eBay yet others get their ads pulled for no real reason at all xxx

I think this is done and dusted now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back