My training with MYscara & Insurance for it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisap

Reaction score
Iv now trained in MYscara defo have alot of people interested in having it done i looked at the crybaby training cost too but MYscara was a much better priced to start with plus i did my glam lash course with them in edinburgh nearly a year ago and really enjoyed it.
The only thing im waiting on is Salon Gold getting back to me regarding if they are going to insure me for it yet as its new theyre having to look into it all...hurry up my ladies are queing up already lol to get it done!
:biggrin:

Last edited:
I think I'm going to do the training next month!! What did you think of it? Xx

I think I'm going to do the training next month!! What did you think of it? Xx

hey sarah

I picked it up well,maybe having knowledge from lash extentions helped too!
Its pretty straight forward tho i think the application time however will come with more experience we are all the same in the begining but the more treatments you do the quicker u get :biggrin:
Ive had alot of interest already defo gona be a good treatment to be qualified in :wink2:

did salon gold get back to you regarding the insurance ?

did salon gold get back to you regarding the insurance ?

Im still waiting hun :( taking ages il be calling again and pestering them 2 moro time is money :S when i have ladies wanting MYscara done lol x i 1stly called them a a week ago theyre dragging the heels il call 2 moro again x

Hi girls the company's on board so far are ABT, Balens, Babtac, Salon Gold, and MYscara are currently in contact with the guild regarding insuring MYscara hth x ruth

Hi girls the company's on board so far are ABT, Balens, Babtac, Salon Gold, and MYscara are currently in contact with the guild regarding insuring MYscara hth x ruth

Thanks ruth i spoke with salon gold today & they confirmed insurance but i had to pay an EXTRA £10.60 to my policy to have it! coz the underwriters decided this what a joke! huh so all will have to pay this. I did but took my policy for the yr up to £55 from £44 oh well x

MYscara is now Guild of Beauty Therapists approved :)

MYscara is now Guild of Beauty Therapists approved :)

Just to clarify, MYscara have not yet applied to have their course recognised by the Guild.

Lisa - where a bouts did u train in the myscara? I'm booked for the 4th July but I did a client yesterday who's friend has just done the myscara training in Chelmsford?! And she had done it on my client 5 coats apparently and she had to put mascara over the topic didn't look like anything had been done whether she was applying it incorrectly I don't know but also my client said her eyes were taped open and she found it awful because she wanted to blink but couldn't so her eyes were really watering and this was like it throughout the treatment.......is this supposed to be the way of applying? Xxx

Just to clarify, MYscara have not yet applied to have their course recognised by the Guild.

I took this from the MYscara website....

"Insurance Update: MYscara now Guild of Beauty Therapists approved :)"

is MYscara a treatment that is insured by yourselves?

Last edited:
I took this from the MYscara website....

"Insurance Update: MYscara now Guild of Beauty Therapists approved :)"

is MYscara a treatment that is insured by yourselves?

The application for MYscara is not yet complete, so at this moment we are not able to cover it. We are going through the accreditation process for this treatment at the moment, and will let you know if/when it is approved.

I'm with Professional Beauty Direct for insurance they have just 'ok'd my insurance for the treatment too . just to update u guys

Lisa - where a bouts did u train in the myscara? I'm booked for the 4th July but I did a client yesterday who's friend has just done the myscara training in Chelmsford?! And she had done it on my client 5 coats apparently and she had to put mascara over the topic didn't look like anything had been done whether she was applying it incorrectly I don't know but also my client said her eyes were taped open and she found it awful because she wanted to blink but couldn't so her eyes were really watering and this was like it throughout the treatment.......is this supposed to be the way of applying? Xxx

hey hun i trained in fife scotland
This does sound rather odd to me,it sounds like from wot uve said the eye was open the whole time if this was the case its not how i was trained at all x

The upper eyelashes are taped out of the way (so u don't stick the top lashes to the bottom) whilst you apply the MYscara to the bottom lashes. But she should STILL have been able to close her eyes? Albeit yes I agree a strange feeling

Yeah I thought it was a but strange too! Whether it was the myscara course or not! O well it still seems like an amazing product and I'm still on for the course in July cannot wait :) xx

I mis-read an email the guild has said they could approve not that it had been approved (was skimming my emails on my phone). Everything been sent off now so should be ok for early next week. Dont think they are turning anyone away if they need insurance for it though ( but could be wrong) Im sure the guild will be able to put you right xx

I had an e-mail from salon gold saying they can't insure me for MYscara ??
Who are mobile therapists insured with ?

Hi Salon gold emailed us confirmation to say they would. I will chase this up tomorrow. Most people are using ABT at the moment x

Latest posts

Back