myscara mystery

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lorna shaw

Reaction score
hi
i have had a client message me she had myscara applied just over a week ago. She went on holiday to spain and has come back and told me the lower lash coating has completely come off and the upperlash has all gone clumpy. I have asked her if she followed the correct aftercare advice from the sheet given to her she said yes she did mention she has used make up wipes to remove make up. could this be the problem? She also said may be it was the heat over there but i thought myscara was good for people on holidays etc. Anyone got any advice. The treatment looked fine when she left and she even commented on how nice it was. i only did the two coates on the lashes and this looked fine. xx i am not sure what else to suggest to her apart from a free removal. The client also said that she has noticed alot of lashes falling out and that she has only started to apply mascara since they started clumping together.
Anyone any suggestions.xxx

Hi,

The wipes could have started causing the product to break down, depending on what was in them. If there was any oil present then there's the answer. The product will soften therefore the lashes would 'clump' together and over a period of time the product will come off. You only put 2 coats on and if the lower lashes were very fine then it wouldn't take much to break down the MYscara

Another problem could be the use of sun tan lotion and that will most probably contain oil too. You need to be careful around the eye area not to get any on the lashes, this again could be the cause.

MYscara recommend that a client uses make up that will wash away with water, this ensures no oil comes into contact with the lashes. If she was putting regular mascara over MYscara and then taking it off with remover, and probably rubbing it too, this would cause the lashes to loosen and come out.

When you applied the MYscara did you make sure you shook the product for a full 2 minutes? If you haven't made sure it's 'well mixed' this can also cause problems :D

Hope you find an answer in all of that :D If you have any other problems we have a MYscara Mania group on here that has lots of Q & A's in :hug:

Hi, bottom lashes don't last very long with Myscara. I've come to realise this. Annoying how they don't honestly tell you this in training but I guess we always find out the hard way.
I try not to promise too much. I tell my clients they will get 1 week plus if going on holiday.
If she has applied normal mascara over the top then the wax in it will be attracted to the Myscara so therefore when she uses face wipes (with more oil) then it will clump together and start to come off. The best way to avoid this is to retail water soluble mascara.
I would offer to take her Myscara off and apply it foc, change your aftercare advise a little and tell her to see how she gets on.
Kylie -x-

Hi Kylie feel free to email me or call your tutor. Bottom lashes last really well and I'm not just saying that because of my involvement. I would like to go over everything with you to see if we can get your bottom lashes lasting longer. xx

Hi, bottom lashes don't last very long with Myscara. I've come to realise this. Annoying how they don't honestly tell you this in training but I guess we always find out the hard way.
I try not to promise too much. I tell my clients they will get 1 week plus if going on holiday.
If she has applied normal mascara over the top then the wax in it will be attracted to the Myscara so therefore when she uses face wipes (with more oil) then it will clump together and start to come off. The best way to avoid this is to retail water soluble mascara.
I would offer to take her Myscara off and apply it foc, change your aftercare advise a little and tell her to see how she gets on.
Kylie -x-

thank you for the replies everyone. i shake the bottle for bout 2.5 minutes may be i will try bit longer just in case.x she has said she just wants it off as she feels its making her lashes fall out.xx but thank you everyone i may ask her to bring her wipes with her and have a look whats in them.xx

Latest posts

Back