Myscara

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kezza*

Reaction score
I've had an email about myscara saying it last's or 2-3 weeks. I thought it lasted 6 weeks. Is it only 2-3 weeks?

Anyone got the website I can't seem to find anything when I google it.

Thank you

Kerry

I think there are allot of numbers being bandied about and some false claims being made.

MAYbe, just maybe, someone has had a treatment that lasted 6 weeks ... I for instance, really look after my eyelash extensions. I never rub my eyes and never interfer with my lashes and I seal them every week without fail and I'm a brilliant client and my EE's always last for 6 weeks before I remove them and have a new set lol ... but I'm not typical and I don't think Nouveau Lash would use me as the bench mark and tell everyone that Nouveau EE's will last categorically for 6 weeks on every client!!

Neither do I think that the company making Myscara will make solid claims that their product will last clients for 6 weeks though in some cases, it might. It proabbaly lasts well for 2 and for some 3 but, as for telling all your clients they will last and look like new for 6??? No way.

Saw a photo of someone who had had the product on for 3 weeks and frankly, the ends looked broken off so length was reduced and it looked all bitty and old and like it was past time to re-new the application. I think everyone needs to get real and start telling the truth about the longevity of the product. As for paying 45.00 plus every 2 weeks ?? I wonder how many clients will go for it on a permanent basis. It will be interesting to see.

I have looked hard into several of these systems and before you leap, I suggest everyone does the same, and get the real scoop on longevity and testing and whether or not the product is FDA approved as safe to use.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if that was my photo you saw on facebook, Gigi?....I know I'm one of the only people to have posted a pic at that age...I guess because I was one of the first to have it done, and not too many people have reached that mark until recently? Maybe it wasn't mine, but thought I'd pop in and just add a few words, in defense of my poor little lashes if it was. Sorry, if I've thought wrong and jumped in! :hug:

MYscara suggest that 3 weeks is about the max time before you need to get them removed and replaced. Of course everyone's lashes grow at different rates, and lifestyles differ (and as part of testing mine...I didn't exactly 'nurture' them). Sadly, I'm not blessed with very much in the way of lucious lashes....mine are pretty short and stubby anyway, so for mine, whilst the very ends of the extended length was wearing away at that point, there was still more length than normal! I removed shortly after that picture and the amount of product that came away from the lashes, showed that it had indeed lasted rather well. Not bad seeing as the set I was wearing was that particular techs, first ever set! My lashes were in great condition underneath...actually probably even slightly longer than normal, I guess because of the protection they received. My eyes felt, and looked, very bare after!!

To be honest, I should imagine that any of the brands should last for about that time...2-3 weeks, but would need a maintenance treatment of some kind at that point. For me, I would advocate remove and replace, as a top up doesn't give the clean crisp result as a new set.

I've heard different things from the other brands as to what to do when. One says a 6 week treatment with 3 week top up....another I've heard says different things depending on who you talk to at the company, but in essence 2-3 weeks seems to be the magic number before you start thinking of redoing in some way.

As for price....no I don't suppose that absolutely everyone would spend the money 2-3 weekly .....but the demand has been so high so far, so it's there, and time will tell. I do believe it will be biggest in the holiday/bridal/party market, but I'm sure there wil be some regulars too.

So now I've probably gone and got all my assumptions wrong and you weren't talking about my peepers (and yes ....I know what 'assume' means, so I set myself up there...doh! :lol:) but hope I've given a good overview of longevity anyway and actually Gigi is, 100% right in stating that 6 weeks is way too much to ask a single set to last with no maintenance at all, from any manufacturer!

Incidentally.....I don't 100% know, but I wouldn't imagine for one minute that MYscara is actually FDA approved, but that would be because FDA is the US body and MYscara a UK made and UK sold (currently anyway) product. I don't know about it for the future, but I'm sure Louise will let us know if I'm wrong, when she next sees this.

I've had an email about myscara saying it last's or 2-3 weeks. I thought it lasted 6 weeks. Is it only 2-3 weeks?

Anyone got the website I can't seem to find anything when I google it.

Thank you

Kerry

Hi kerry

Ive recently done my MYscara course
They say it lasts 2-3 weeks and from what i have seen crybaby state the same time period x

2-3 weeks seems average. Do you know if it can go over ee fine? Surely infills would be difficult though?

Thank you.

Think I'll wait and see how it goes. Can't see my client's wanting it if it last's only 2-3 weeks and cost's £45.00.

Thank you again

Kerry

Thank you.

Think I'll wait and see how it goes. Can't see my client's wanting it if it last's only 2-3 weeks and cost's £45.00.

Thank you again

Kerry

£45 is the guide price for this but its up 2 you what price u will charge
i had to consider my area,products etc my treatment price is much lower than £45 and more affordable for my clients and surrounding area some charge anywhere between £25-55 for Myscara i work from my home beauty room & freelance so i dont have big overheads like some working from salons & spa's hth xx

2-3 weeks seems average. Do you know if it can go over ee fine? Surely infills would be difficult though?

Technically you could put over EE, but, it would be a long process, as you would have to do each lash individually really, and also I doubt your client would want to have EE removed every 2 weeks, and have to pay for a full set again every 2 weeks, I think both treatments are best kept separate

hth x

Technically you could put over EE, but, it would be a long process, as you would have to do each lash individually really, and also I doubt your client would want to have EE removed every 2 weeks, and have to pay for a full set again every 2 weeks, I think both treatments are best kept separate

hth x

I thought this might be the case. Thank you :) x

Latest posts

Back