Nail Art Clay Canes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hiya cat & welcome to the site ..just had a look at your website & you have really lovely designs ...thanks for sharing x
btw do you ship to UK?

Last edited:
Hi Janey,

Yes, I do ship internationally. Shipping prices are as follows:
First item, $3.00 for International First Class. Each item thereafter is $.30, regardless of how many additional items you purchase, they are all shipped at that $.30 cent price.

Baked cane prices are for 2-inch long canes:
1/8 inch diameter - $3.00
1/4 inch diameter - $4.00
3/8 inch diameter - $5.00

Each of the designs on my website can be reduced and baked today, for shipment tomorrow.

I take checks/money orders/cash as well as PayPal and major credit cards (by phone).

Cat

Hi Cat :) Just wanted to say that your millefiore is beautiful :) As are your other clay bits n bobs, I love the muu muu pendants (stunning). As someone who has worked with clay over a number of years (I am a crafter in my other life lol) I really appreciate the amount of work that goes into each piece and yours are just amazing (love that bird cane!)

Hi Greyparrot,

Thanks so much for the compliments. I love that hummingbird cane, too.
It's great to hear how you are a crafter as well as a nail technician. I'll bet the two complement each other well, and you get ideas from both your work and your hobbies.

The muu muu pendants are so fun! I'm glad you like them!

Cat

I was talking about this on another nail forum and thought I might post it here just in case it hasn't been mentioned yet: the clay canes work wonderfully with the acrylics and gels, but you don't want to apply them directly to the polish itself. There's a chemical reaction that happens which causes the clay to break down, and chipping/cracking/bubbling may occur within a few days of doing the polish over the canes. I think I remember reading about it on Glass Attic...

Okay I went back and looked, and there were a few exceptions according to some of the artists. One lady said it was okay to use an acrylic-based nail polish, but not an enamel-based one.

Finishes-Sealers

Cat

I've created a new section in my shop specifically for baked Fimo nail art canes!

C.A.Therien Polymer Clay Arts » Products Page

There's a baker's dozen designs in there right now, and more to come as I troll through baggies and baggies of canes...

Cat

Edited to say: Well, yep, I had a few problems with my shopping cart this weekend. What should have been a pretty quick upgrade ended up being a whole mess and I'm having to reload all the product. What's in there right now are just the Fimo Nail Art Slices, but the baked canes will be returning soon. And tonight I'm working on a sunflower cane, if my energy holds. Wish me luck!

Last edited:
these have just go new stock in and post and packing very good just placed an order and for all the girls who use paypal they take that too. they havent quite got the selection as beauty tech but they are getting there.

I will tell you all I have not seen such excitement about anything in this industry in all my 18 years doing nails!!

The BeautyTech Shoppe now stocks over 100 different designs.. right now some are out of stock, but I am getting orders almost every day.. I am striving to keep certain items always in stock so there is no delay in shipping.. I am expecting about 12 new designs in the next few days :)

I also have been working directly with the clay designers to get some special designs you will see no where else.. addiitonally I have been buying raw clay canes and reducing them myself (getting quite good at it I will say!) and reducing them to under 1/4" in most cases so they work better on or little canvases :)

Yes, sorry, the shipping to the UK is high.. I have had a terrible time with fraud and loss of packages being sent overseas, so I will only ship Priority with tracking and insurance.. you can opt for airmail if you want to waive all rights to claim if the package gets lost or damaged.

I don't stop here as frequently as I should, so if you have any questions please email me directly [email protected] or ask Marel (Zena) to let me know to come over and see what you posted :)

Would packages of cane slices interest anyone?
I'd listed some on etsy but I'm not sure about the forum here if I can show things like that. But I'd value your opinion on the idea and the packaging.

Well I have decided to order some of these from the UK website as the pictures all look great!

I will post some pictures of when I have had a few practices.

Does anyone know if these would work on natural nails, ie just with nail polish and not gel or acrylic?

Hi Noodles,

I know I can't give you an official answer, because I've really not any experience here. I'm not a nail artist. But I'm one of the people who make the fimo nail art canes, and I've been experimenting with them.

I did notice that it was more difficult to do the nail art with just nail polish, and here's why: 1, it takes quite a few coats unless the slices are very thin. Since those of us who make the canes slice them by hand, there is going to be some variation in the thickness of the slices. My slices average about .5mm but even that is really too thick for nail polish alone unless you have time for 4 or 5 coats to get a perfectly smooth surface.

Now you can fix that by sanding the nail art after it's been glued onto the nail. But thicker slices - and by this I mean ones that are still less than 1mm thick - are going to take some patience to get a fully smooth surface. And if you like a layered look, it will take you maybe a half dozen coats of polish to accomplish that look.

And 2, the enamel nail polishes will have a chemical reaction with the clay slices, and you'll have little areas of bubbling over the top of the nail art or they may peel away from the nail. Using an acrylic nail polish helps with that, I noticed. So you just have to be careful about which one you choose.

So since I was coming in to post a couple of experiment nails anyway, I'll show you what I did with some of my nail art slices and some full-coverage artificial nails:

hawaiiannail.jpg

rosenail.jpg

I used the inexpensive nail acrylic you can get at stores, and I did the mixture fairly wet so the acrylic was thinner. I paid special attention to the edges of the slices. Now each of these nails took me a total of maybe 5 minutes of direct working time (aside for drying time).

It's fun doing this because I can vicariously have pretty nails. LOL the irony here - raw polymer clay eats through nail polish so I can't wear anything but the stick-ons when I want my nails to look pretty! (Although... I've been wanting to see if I could use clear resin over the nail acrylic. The raw clay doesn't eat through resin so that might work!)
:lol:

Cat

Hi geeks, i recently got some fruit canes and are doing quite well with them, was thinking of introducing Licourice allsorts. However, i have searched and searched but cant find them can anyone point me in the rite direction.

Thanks

Bianca

they do look lovely... but i think i would be so nervous about cutting them incase they were to thick or too thin or ended up breaking in which case would be such a nightmare.....
But if i had the chance i would have ago!
:p
xx

ooh have just ordered all sorts from em !! they are fab :green: even got some ghosts and pumpkins for halloween !! yay

DIY sell the fimo canes sweets, fruit all different ones they are in the uk
if that link doesn't work the site is called oaktree dolls house

They sell the blades and chopping boards as well scroll down to bottom of page, they have just got their halloween canes in as well, They also have a gallery that you can look at all the different nail art using the canes

I have used them, several ones. (bees, butterflies, flowers and fruit) I love it! Like jelly said, if you slice them thin enough they are super easy to work with! I am going to sell them when i have all of them in stock. I have made a temporary page added to my website with some pictures, there are a lot more designs coming but haven't had time to update it. To give you an idea of the designs:

Studio NailFanatic : fimo

Or you can visit Nail Art Clay Canes : BeautyTech Shoppe
new designs are arriving soon!

What is your website so I can check it out.

Thanks.

I find them easy to use also.
My clients have shown a lot of interest in this type of art and I have found they have sold well.
My fruity nails;

http://www.salongeek.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=7937&c=501

I love them. The only issue I have is getting them thin enough. I have a brand new bland and have tried warming them as instructed on the website. But I still can't quite get them thin enough. What is everyone's trick. I inlay them in gels.
Thanks.

Latest posts

Back