Nail Art - Course or Self Teach?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayne717

Reaction score
Just wondered if it is worth paying for training in nail art or if I should start off just self teaching. Are there any magazines or books that would help?

Just wondered if it is worth paying for training in nail art or if I should start off just self teaching. Are there any magazines or books that would help?

I would suggest to have a basic course first, where you will learn basic techniques. Once you have done that you will be able to do many other things by self learning.

Good courses at Nsi, Kinetics.

Use google search for step by steps and youtube for video demos)))

Hope this helps:hug:

If I were you I would get out all my paints and nail art kit and have a look on a few sites for inspiration and techniques, then have a go yourself. This way you will be able to see what your natural flare is, how easy you find it and what kind of training you want to take as there are many different courses to choose from. hth

I think you should try and see how well you do on your own first, and then decide whether or not you want to pay for a course.

Thanks for your help! :green:

Nail art is an umbrella term for so much. Freehand with paint, flat stones, diamonds and decals, embedding, colour fades, airbrushing, 3d work........... list is endless. I'm not a big fan of hand painted nail art as I airbrush, I also prefer to embedd.I dont think you really need a course to get started with simple things like adding stones, decals or doing different things with polish. As has been said try a few things out and see how you get on you may find you need a few more tools or products or that you do in fact need training.

It really depends on what you want to learn AND how fast you are in 'general' at learning things.
Are you the sort of person that needs help OR do you get on well enough on your own?
If it's the latter, I would advise googling like mad for all the tutorials.
There is also a TONNE of video tutorials of 3d sculpting and the like to be found on Youtube and technician sites.

I would say do it on your own and put your money into your products, BUT that's just me....I learn quickly and have a fairly easy time learning things on my own.

hth's

Trust me, there are so many things that you just cannot do on your own, you need professional to show you techniques and then out of that you can create your own stuff... I would recomment Margarita Belska, see her website www.margaritabelsk.com she has teached me so much and for £ 70 it is so worth it...

You can take a course as im sure it will open your eyes at what you can do, but nail art is very much from the imagination and vision you have for your work, so everyone is better at somethings than others, you will find what you enjoy doing will always be your best work.

Adell

hi,i payed quite a lot for my nail art course and it was a waste of time,you can buy cheap tool off ebay and practice yourself i bought the rio nail art from argos that give you a good start on what to do.Dont waste your money...:lol:

hi,i payed quite a lot for my nail art course and it was a waste of time,you can buy cheap tool off ebay and practice yourself i bought the rio nail art from argos that give you a good start on what to do.Dont waste your money...:lol:

Well, what can I say? Professional advice to buy from ebay and Argos! :rolleyes:

I would definitely do a design course as it will set you up in the right frame of mind doing nail art. A lot of clients may not want nail art, but those that do will want it done right.

hth:)

Latest posts

Back