Nail art courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dawnagain

Reaction score
Hi my name is Dawn and i would like to do a nail art course what does everybody think of the essential nails courses because thats he one im thinking of doing any feedback appreciated dawn

Hi hun, I have done 3 courses with EN and I was thinking of doing the nail atr course, but then thought better of it.
There are plenty of sites with step by step guides if you google nail art, utube has loads as well as the tutorial section on this site. You dont need to have a certificate to do nail art so it seems silly spending out all that money for it really. hth...x

hey ive the done essential nails courses i found them great, i havent done the free hand nail art course as i think im ok with that but i have done the airbrush course which is the best thing i ever did its a fab course and highly recommend it.

Bianca :hug:

From what I've seen of the short video on their website it is very, very basic and I think they are just relying on the names of Jacqui and Kirsty to sell it. For the price, I don't think it's worth it. It looks like it's mainly sticking rhinestones on in various designs (which anyone could copy from a website), some glitter designs, dotting designs - trust me, the only people who want those 'dot' flowers, the ones with one dot in the centre and then five around the outside, are kids. Striping tape, nail piercing and using stickers is shown too but these are things that are so easy to pick up anyway.

There's no mention of other techniques such as sponging, marbelling and water marbelling, or using foils etc, I provide one to one nail art training here in Dublin and these 'extra' techniques always prove popular.

Here's a good website that should save you a fortune and will probably teach you more than the Essential Nails rather expensive course.......

Free Instructions for Nail Art.Every week a new free Nail Art guidance for you.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page where it says [Nail Art 1-15] etc and you'll find loads of designs there.

Jackie
x

I don't know about the EN course but local colleges usually offer a VTCT in nail art but I think you have to have your VTCT in mani/pedi first.
I found these 2 VTCTs good but not the enhancement one I must admit.

Thankyou for this link it looks fab! I have been looking some nail art inspiration :) xx

You're welcome. You'll get much more from that than the EN nail art course - and the best thing about it is - it's FREE! :)

:eek: Hi, im doing the EN Nail Art Course and i have to agree it is very basic, & rather pricy for the designs there is! I got it from my hubby as a surprise to cheer me up (didnt think i was miserable lol!) but nice anyway. I am however enjoying it so if ur lucky enough to be gifted it then fine but if not i would'nt shell out the money cos as some of the other girls said there are some great Step by Step guides on the internet with more exciting designs xx

Here's a good website that should save you a fortune and will probably teach you more than the Essential Nails rather expensive course.......

Free Instructions for Nail Art.Every week a new free Nail Art guidance for you.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page where it says [Nail Art 1-15] etc and you'll find loads of designs there.

Jackie
x[/quote]

Thanks for this site Jackie can't wait to get stuck in and have a go at some of these! xxx

To be honest I thought the course was expensive, but because I'm not in a position to go to college (already doing a nail course) and I wanted a certificate in basic nail art so I thought sod it and bought the course. Yes I agree its basic but I have learned some new things. I also know that I will enjoy doing the course cos I love anything art based.

I did a breakdown of the kit costs included (sad I know :eek:, hehe) and found that they came to over £170 if bought like for like individually from EN - I know you can get stuff cheaper on eBay but I won't use it for nail products. This price is approximate as I couldn't properly price up the DVD and handbook. So for those who need to stock up I do feel that it is worth the money as a one day course or few weeks course at college costs around £100 without any kit included.

However, I will add that there is no substitute for in class learning and I would never recommend a home learn course for enhancements. But with art based courses I don't think there is a problem with home learn. jmho

anne xx

Nail art is so different from one person to another you learn what you like to do and a course is not always the best way to do this just experiment and have fun
adell

This sounds quite good then when you actually break down the costs of the kit. I know the other EN dvd's are £30 alone so that leaves the remainder of the cash on the cost of the book.
Not a bad price if you think you will use all the kits contents but i know there was some stuff in there i wouldn't want to use such as the stripping tapes...i dont like the look of these and imo they look cheap and tacky.
I changed my mind on the course, i was going to buy it then thought better of it too. I've decided that i want to learn Airbrushing instead after being inspired by another geeks lovely work. :)
I did a breakdown of the kit costs included (sad I know :eek:, hehe) and found that they came to over £170 if bought like for like individually from EN - I know you can get stuff cheaper on eBay but I won't use it for nail products. This price is approximate as I couldn't properly price up the DVD and handbook. So for those who need to stock up I do feel that it is worth the money as a one day course or few weeks course at college costs around £100 without any kit included.

anne xx

This sounds quite good then when you actually break down the costs of the kit. I know the other EN dvd's are £30 alone so that leaves the remainder of the cash on the cost of the book.
Not a bad price if you think you will use all the kits contents but i know there was some stuff in there i wouldn't want to use such as the stripping tapes...i dont like the look of these and imo they look cheap and tacky.
I changed my mind on the course, i was going to buy it then thought better of it too. I've decided that i want to learn Airbrushing instead after being inspired by another geeks lovely work. :)

Just to clarify £170 means everything including DVD and book. I meant I couldn't do it as a proper figure as they are not for sale as individual items as yet, but I estimated the DVD as £30and the book as £10. The products are ok, not everything is to my taste, but nail art is also about learning different techniques using a variety of mediums, (paints, glitters, striping tape etc) then applying these techniques to create your own designs and designs that your clients want.

Last edited:
i love the essential nail courses, but i do have to agree with a few of the comments that it is a basic course. i watched the dvd and to be honest i was quite shocked at how rubbish some of the finished designs by jacqui jefford were. it didnt make her look like a professional in the nail art world at all. just out of interest though, does anybody know what nail art paints kirsty meakin uses??

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back