NAIL ART QUESTIONS for Brisa Lite Removable Gels answered

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just apply them into the wet top coat and cure Hun. Xxxx

would a top coat over the gems (once cured) be needed as well, would you say putting them on uncured brisa top coat then curing would be more secure than Shellac top coat? Trying to find a way that doesnt dull the crystals.

instead of using white paint on Brisa which is what we normally use for Brisa swirls use shellac Cream puff, and then the top coat with Brisa lite instead of brisa gloss.

I'm not familiar with the brisa swirl design so want to check I have understood what you are saying here.... is it ok to mix shellac color (in this case cream puff) with brisa lite topcoat?

I'm not familiar with the brisa swirl design so want to check I have understood what you are saying here.... is it ok to mix shellac color (in this case cream puff) with brisa lite topcoat?

The Brisa swirls design is a art design that we do on top of an already finish filed clear nail using normal Brisa gel and additives.
The reason is aid to use cream puff shellac as it is only a small amount that we would mix in with the top coat and blue additive to make the blue base. It's not ok to mix it with Brisa lite topcoat just for doing a normal nail, but in an art design where it is not going to lead to any problems as the structure has already been formed, cured and finish filed it should be fine.
Hth Jen xx

Hi does the smoothing gel give much added strength to the natural nail I'm use to bio sculpture n was thinking of convertibg

Hi does the smoothing gel give much added strength to the natural nail I'm use to bio sculpture n was thinking of convertibg

Natural nails that are in a healthy condition but may just be ridged or delaminating going on, it adds a smooth finish and the strength the nails are missing.

For nails in poor condition or very thinned and flexible, you would be better to use the Brisa Lite Removable Sculpting gel. If you have any technical questions about Brisa Lite, they are all in one thread in this forum ..... There is more than one page in the forum, so look beyond it! :biggrin:

Hi , if I put big glitters on the tips and want to use gel to seal it, should I use sculpting gel and smooth gel ?

I tried the sculpting gel, since I need thicker layer to cover the glitters, this time the gel does not look so clear ...
Any idea? Thanks

Hi , if I put big glitters on the tips and want to use gel to seal it, should I use sculpting gel and smooth gel ?

I tried the sculpting gel, since I need thicker layer to cover the glitters, this time the gel does not look so clear ...
Any idea? Thanks

I would use sculpting gel. I would apply thin base layer first, cure for 2 min.Then arrange your large glitters, set for 10 sec, so the glitters would not move when you will overlay the whole nail.

We can't really sculpt with smoothing gel, it's designed to be applied in thin layers. You can still overlay your glitters with smoothing gel, but you will probably need to apply a number of thin layers to completely cover the glitters.

If you are finding that the gel is not so clear, it indicates that your overlay is too thick.

Hope this helps :hug:

Thanks thanks . I tried to put glitters on the base coat and then put the pink then the clear sculpting gel .

Works fine and nails are still thin.

But I still used acrylic to paste the bows. I tried to put diamond and beads on the gel, they could stay firmly while the big bows could not ...

My concerns are if we try to use gel to make the bows and diamond stay should we overlay the whole nail?
And then we need to seal it with the topcoat but the diamond won't be shining since the facets will be sealed to one piece then the diamond looks like plastic.

So I have to still use acrylic ...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362526455.915280.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362526455.915280.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 187
Hi, I'm wondering the best way to carve over foil, can I base coat and cure, colour and cure, foil onto tacky,colour ,carve and cure, then top coat ? Or would I need to add a clear coat after the foil.
Thanks

Thanks thanks . I tried to put glitters on the base coat and then put the pink then the clear sculpting gel .

Works fine and nails are still thin.

But I still used acrylic to paste the bows. I tried to put diamond and beads on the gel, they could stay firmly while the big bows could not ...

My concerns are if we try to use gel to make the bows and diamond stay should we overlay the whole nail?
And then we need to seal it with the topcoat but the diamond won't be shining since the facets will be sealed to one piece then the diamond looks like plastic.

So I have to still use acrylic ...

You should always apply a thin layer of gel over the base coat and cure before adding anything else. A system should be used as a whole. Adding anything to the base coat without a layer of gel may lead to service breakdown. :)

Hi, I'm wondering the best way to carve over foil, can I base coat and cure, colour and cure, foil onto tacky,colour ,carve and cure, then top coat ? Or would I need to add a clear coat after the foil.
Thanks

You can carve without a clear layer;)

Hiyas

Which brisa lite was it hun smoothing or sculpting :)

Do I need to use both the smoothing & sculpting gels?
Can I use the sculpting gel on just natural nail length under shellac?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Do I need to use both the smoothing & sculpting gels?
Can I use the sculpting gel on just natural nail length under shellac?

You don't use them both together. It would be nice maybe to just use one gel for all nails, but they are different, they are applied differently and they do different things. Also the price is so reasonable that you can easily afford to get both.

Smoothing gel is painted on is is made to be used on rough, ridged or otherwise damaged nails to give a smooth surface; because these nails do not last as well with Shellac alone as they will do with the Brisa Lite Smoothing gel. This is painted on just like Shellac using the Brisa Lite Base coat.

Brisa Lite Sculpting gel is for removable enhancements and can be removed or maintained just like any hard gel for as long as the client wishes. This is NOT painted on. It is sculpted and built and structured like any other enhancement gel and is for STRENGTH and Durability for client with super-weak or flexible nails.

Thankyou geeg x

Latest posts

Back