Nail Art using Dried Flowers? How??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen2k

Reaction score
Hi, I read somewhere that to use dried flowers with acrylic enhancements you have to use a dab of glue and glue the flower to the natural nail and use the clear acrylic over the top...... is this right?

I dont wanna try it unless i know what to do 100% :eek:

Any help I'd be grateful thanks!

Yes you can do it that way or you can put a thin layer of acrylic and while wet lay the flower on then overlay.

Yes you can do it that way or you can put a thin layer of acrylic and while wet lay the flower on then overlay.

ooh thats a good idea i hadnt thought of that, will def give it a go!

Also with pre-designed tips is it ok to use acrylic over them or not? I tried it one time with a clear acrylic over the top and it looked nasty so wondered if there is a specific way to doing them?

with pre-designed tips all you do is slightly buff the shine off them and then encase them with clear L&P or gel. You do not blend these tips.

just a tip with the dried flowers:

if you have the kind like NSI sell that have tiny little bits that sprout from the flower, trim them off with nail scissors. it makes your flower lie flatter and stops the corners lifting as easily. this works better especially if encasing in gel.

Aye! this is the method I prefer, having stained the holey-moley out of my nails when I applied with glue!
Try not to work too wet either, as this is probably partly to blame for my disaster.

this is how i do it , i found the other ways far too messy and fiddly :lol: xx

is it better to do with l&p or gel?
cos when i did it with gel ,little bits off the flower kept coming off.
is there a special way to do it with gel or do you think that it was just my flowers- they might not be top quality.

u just do it the same as embedding rhinestones....stick the flower on with glue then overlay.
but as somebody said also, a think layer of acrylic to stick it on will work too =]
x.

is there a special way to do it with gel or do you think that it was just my flowers- they might not be top quality.

the flowers are very delicate and flimsy arnt they lol
well i find overlaying them with gel is better than L&P...
dunno about the little bits falling off like..never happened to me before?
x.

I was just playing around doing them with just some clear polish and flowers were EVERYWHERE, except on the nail :eek: I was just fartin around with 'em anyway...but was suprised at how delicate they are.

Latest posts

Back