Nail Art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bondi

Reaction score
Hi again,
I was just wondering if you all offer a lot of nail art because I'm useless at it so was going to offer what I call 'the cheats' meaning that I would do coloured tips, colour blends, canes and minx and class that as 'nail art'.

What do you think?

Thanks guys

Go for it! Although I can do handpainting, most of my clients only want something simple, like a glitter tip with some dots and a cane slice. That is where the biggest share of my art money goes!

I agree.. most of my clients want something very simple too... I'm rubbish at nail art (I just don't have the imagination for it)

I'm sure your clients won't care what way you do your nail art and even though you feel like your cheating.... your client won't and will be happy once the end result looks good :D

A nail art class may help, you don't need to be all that artistic to do simple swipes lines and dots they can be very effective to ! Sometimes it is just a matter of being shown how to use a dotting tool or striping brush,
Make up 10 designs on nail tips and with that 10 your client can pic what they like and you can change the colors so that 10 is endless.
Something else you could try for some amazing results is this
http://www.konad.co.uk/cms/ you can also use decals stickers , gems very easily ect

Agree with the previous post, make 10 designs then practice ur butt off!!!! then the colour possibilities are endless!!!! my first ever client came into my salon asking for nail art i blagged it and they loved it and went on from there!!! have faith in yourself you must have at least a modicum of artistic talent to do nails in the first place!! :hug: xx

Konad is so easy that even I can do it - very little imagination required :)

Oooh! will defo try konad out and give the 10 ideas a go but it's comforting to know that what I can currently do is in demand too :)

cant beat stickers or water decals for quick simple nail art x

adell

Just looked at the Konad, looks great :D

The Konad is great and very versatile! You can layer them in different colors, add rhinestones or glitter and just dress them up in so many different ways to make them more personal!

Just looked at the Konad video, it looks fab, do you buy the kits direct from them or can you buy them elsewhere cheaper, I had a quick look on ebay, and there is a few bits on there, loads of templates that are not Konad make, any one tried these using Konad special polish..do they work?
Is there an alternative brand to Konad?....I cant believe I have never heard of them before, I can hear my credit card calling....telling me to buy, buy, buy..lol x

I am a supplier of Konad. If you want to talk about it PM me as I don't like to push myself on threads :D

The polish is a bit thicker than the norm, but any old thick polish that you have will work great!

If you dont have the pennys straght away for a kit, my advice get black white silver and gold and 2 or 3 plates with flowers / butterflys as I find they are the ones most clients pic,

heres one I made earlyer ;
mizzy_dizzy-albums-some++my+nail+art.-picture13050-img-1549.jpg

heres one I made earlyer ;
mizzy_dizzy-albums-some++my+nail+art.-picture13050-img-1549.jpg
Wow that is ace, I have been looking to see if there is a stockist in grimsby as I am not very good at waiting for things and wanted to play doing some today, but can not find one :cry:. lol

Thanks it is very quick and effective and athough I love my nail art stamping dose have its place to , lol

Have you seen plate M66? It's very different and I would love to see what the experts can achieve.

Latest posts

Back