nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tess walters

Reaction score
I have watched japenese artists use a thin layer of gel, then apply pearls and rhinestones, etc. then they cure it in the light. they dont cap the nail with gel. How do they get off the pearls and rhinestones when the person comes back for a fill?
Thanks, Tess

Firstly, I don't know this for sure.
I think they file them down.

xx

I secure my rhinestones in my gel gloss and remove them with my efile.
hth's

I secure my rhinestones in my gel gloss and remove them with my efile.
hth's

Can I just ask....do you do your l&p, then a gloss coat and put the gem into that whilst tacky, and then do you cover over with another top coat?....thanks...:)

after I put on my finish gel I then put on my rhinestones!?
Then I don't need to put another coat on top of the stones, right? Because they are inbedded in the finishing gloss.

When they come back how do you file off the stones? Do you actually use your e file over the surface of the stones? Do they just crumble up or something?
I'm scared!!!!!!!!! lol
Thank you so much in advance,
Tess

im not quit sure but if this is what you are asking i set them in the polish while the are still wet but after the dry hard as a rock when i take the polish off the pop off

im not quit sure but if this is what you are asking i set them in the polish while the are still wet but after the dry hard as a rock when i take the polish off the pop off
Yeah I do the same as above, just makes it easier to change the design if the client wants to.

Mine are either popped or if more stubborn drilled off.

Latest posts

Back