Nail biter before and after pics!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonjovirock4eva

Reaction score
looks much better ofcourse but in my opinion the smile line is way to deep for these kinds of nailbeds
try to reflect the shape of the culticle to the smile line for best results
but keep practising :green:
nailbiters are always a challenge

They look like white tips with a deep smile line....these are not a good choice for nail biters...the corners of your whites are way down into the cuticle...a natural free edge wouldn't do that.

What would have looked much nicer and more natural is a natural coloured tip..then elongate the nail bed, hiding the natural smile line with your coverage products and then doing the whites with a soft smile.

well done for giving it a go...nail biters can be hard work. x

Last edited:
They look like white tips with a deep smile line....these are not a good choice for nail biters...the corners of your whites are way down into the cuticle...a natural free edge wouldn't do that.

What would have looked much nicer and more natural is a natural coloured tip..then elongate the nail bed, hiding the natural smile line with your coverage products and then doing the whites with a soft smile.

I echo this ..... though they look 10 x better than they did :)

Hiya!
I have to say the same as Bagpuss - they are way too smiley for a nail biter.
Did you use the ezflow white tip & then use the white over this? Looks like it to me. The ezflow white tips I have have a very exaggerated smile - gorgeous on long nail beds, but not so on this type.
I'd of used a natural tip & blended it, then used ezflow HD cover pink to elongate the nail bed to just above/short of the hyponichium (Can't spell tonight!) then applied a shorter free edge white so it looked 2/3rd pink and 1/3rd white.
However, having said all that, I bet she was well over the moon with them, having had nasty cannibalised nails.

Hope you don't think I'm being to harsh, nail biters are a blooming challenge, and it's not always easy to get them to look perfect, no matter how hard we try & I do try!

Last edited:
I have to say...I think you have done a marvelous job...her hands and nails are totally transformed.

The perfection tips you've used have an extra deep smile line and are most suited to a long nail bed as the others have said and I agree with the others comments (altho a little harsh I think) BUT on a much more positive note...she will be able to keep them on longer with little work along the way....she has lovely hands and lovely long fingers...in a few weeks time the smile lines will have moved further up the nail plate to a more natural looking position and the nails as a whole will look even more gorgeous and generally more balanced....and her natural nails underneath will have grown too!

Well done I think they look great I bet she is chuffed to bits.

I have to say...I think you have done a marvelous job...her hands and nails are totally transformed.

The perfection tips you've used have an extra deep smile line and are most suited to a long nail bed as the others have said and I agree with the others comments (altho a little harsh I think) BUT on a much more positive note...she will be able to keep them on longer with little work along the way....she has lovely hands and lovely long fingers...in a few weeks time the smile lines will have moved further up the nail plate to a more natural looking position and the nails as a whole will look even more gorgeous and generally more balanced....and her natural nails underneath will have grown too!

no ones been harsh at all....:irked:....would it help if we all said...ohh yeah they are brilliant...? i think all the replies have been constructive and honest.

Well done! Nail biters are hard work aren't they?
I know a lot of clients actually ask for this look simply because it does look so much better than those bitten stumps.
But...have a go at extending the nail with a custom blend if you get chance again.
Definately makes a big difference like Bev has said the cover HD is good for this.
Or you could do a natural enhancement with a polish to hide any imperfections where they have been bitten. Once they start to grow out you have have a regular client.
Keep up the good work hun x

What a shame this girl bites her nails like that because she has really beautiful hands!!

The same as the others with my comments.

An opaque powder along with a much more natural smile line and these could look like models' nails along with those hands.

To my opinion doing smiles like the ones you chose, only draws attention to the stumpy length of the nail bed beneath while an opaque powder would give you the length of nail bed to look espectacular!!

I agree with the constructive bits everyone's mentioned regarding opaque nailbed powders and a natural smile line--but at least as they grow out, they will start to look more natural. Also, I must say that I think they're an AWESOME second go at a biter! *high five*

i totally agree about the tips and using an opaque powder instead but having said that i do think these look much better than before.
i have got pictures in my album on how to use a white top to extend the nail bed but im not sure that it would be suitable for nails that are bitten this bad.
have you got an opaque powder that you could use instead?
if you look in the tutorials theres is one in there called building a free edge without a form it was done by glynis (peterpan) and is a fab idea.i have used this method with success.
heres the link for it http://www.salongeek.com/misc-tutor...highlight=building+a+free+edge+without+a+form .xx

I agree, that these are heaps better than the bitten nails. When I first saw the after pics my immediate thought was 'those smiles go all the way to the base of the nails' and it would have been better to give a gentler smile with more pink showing.

I don't agree that this is harsh advice at all. Bonjovirock4eva is and should be impressed especially as it is only her second attempt at working on a nail biter. Advising techs of areas of strength or weakness in their work can only help them improve and I would be extremely grateful for this. All comments have been very constructive.

In my opinion, I don't think The client will necessarily keep these 'on longer with little work along the way'. My reasons are this; there is little natural nail for the gel to adhere to, as so much has been covered by tip (if it is tips which were used). I have always understood that gel gives the enhancement its strength and in this case there is more white tip which is attatched to the nail with adhesive. If the adhesive begins to break down, the tips will lose their strength which will not be supported by gel.

Am I making sense? Step in here geeks if you think I'm talking nonsense. This is the way I understand it and this is why I think it is best to give good, honest and constructive feedback. If I'm wrong then I will learn.

Last edited:
hi guys thank you so much for all your comments x i agree that the white is too far down the nail but i was unsure what to do as she wanted pink and white im still happy that i posted them as the comments you have all given can only help me improve x
i used ezflow perfection french tips and hd cover pink for the nail bed and then used clear over the entire nail
it took a little longer than a normal set takes me but the client was really really happy with them i just hope she doesnt eat them!!! lol xxxx:lol::lol::lol:

just to everyone that may have took a little offence at my earlier comment of thinking you had been a bit harsh....i said that purely because I had felt that bonjovirock4eva did not say nor imply that she wanted critique...more that she was really proud of what she had acheived here and wanted to show it off...im sure all your advice will be very useful for bonjovi, but I just felt that on the whole - she had done a fantastic job here for which she should be proud of and I dont see why anyone should come and 'nit pick' faults when it hasnt in anyway been asked for.
Anyway enough said....hugs all round!

just to everyone that may have took a little offence at my earlier comment of thinking you had been a bit harsh....i said that purely because I had felt that bonjovirock4eva did not say nor imply that she wanted critique...more that she was really proud of what she had acheived here and wanted to show it off...im sure all your advice will be very useful for bonjovi, but I just felt that on the whole - she had done a fantastic job here for which she should be proud of and I dont see why anyone should come and 'nit pick' faults when it hasnt in anyway been asked for.
Anyway enough said....hugs all round!
If this is the case, and I don't believe it is, then in my opinion, perhaps these pictures would have been better off in a blog. When posting professional work on a professional forum, the professionals try to help and guide for the very reason I stated in my above post.

I don't think it is helpful to post pictures like this if not to invite honest comments. 'Aah thats fab hun' or 'Wow Gorgeous' is not helpful if one can find ways to offer honest help.

There is a separate critique section where critique is given. I don't think the above is necessarily critique. It is helpful, constructive commenting and I think we are in agreement that we all commented similarly. Bonjovirock agrees herself that her smiles went too far down the sidewall. If all one wants is 'Ooh well done' then blog it!

Now back to the point of this thread.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back