Nail competition.. help please.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jess-ik-aa

Reaction score
ive been accepted for the finals of a uk skills nail competition .. scary but really exciting.
i was wondering if you guys could help me by sharing competition tips and stories of your competitions :D
hope everyone is ok
thanks
jess. :D

Can't help with the comp hun but wanted to say CONGRATS and good luck :) :) xxx

Well done. Which category are u competing in

Well done. Which category are u competing in

nail enhancments intermediate :) thank you also x did you recently do a comp? sorry i was being nosey on ur profile and came accross some congrats comments :D

Can't help with the comp hun but wanted to say CONGRATS and good luck :) :) xxx

aww thank you lovely :D im so nervous!! ill post to let you all knw how it went think its on the 26th june arggh xxx

No worries hun :)
Yes ive also bin invited down for the UK Skills final bt im doin advanced 3D nail art.
Its exciting stuff bt neve racking lol
I'll see you there on the 26th :D x

No worries hun :)
Yes ive also bin invited down for the UK Skills final bt im doin advanced 3D nail art.
Its exciting stuff bt neve racking lol
I'll see you there on the 26th :D x

aww wicked .. yeah congrats i shall see you on the 26th :) ull have to let me know how yours gos.. and good luck to you too chick xx

Yeah you too, gud luck x

The May issue of Scratch has a good 7-page article that contains advice on competitions from the Nailympic 2010 judges. I strongly recommend that you get a copy as there is a lot of good information there.

I'm not a judge, but having traveled with the misses I can tell you where people loose "silly" points :

- salon nails : poor paint application, not cleaning under the free edge (we keep seeing this even in the top competitions)

- nail art (mixed-media, hand painting, fantasy) : poor composition, colors that don't contrast enough and are muggy.

- not reading and understanding the rules

Well done to both of you for entering!

Bob

hi Jess, this is very exciting a few colleges i work with have been doing well at world skills over the last couple of years, if you pm me your email address ill be glad to give you some advise.

xx

Latest posts

Back