Nail courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxsaraxx

Reaction score
Hi I wondered if anyone can help?
Im looking into starting a nail course at home preferably one where you get a hand.
Can anyone reccomend a good company to go with?

If you have decided to do a home course, then I would recommend Essential Nails hun. If you do a seach on them you will see a lot of threads about it, good and bad.
It worked for me I am on my third course with them but its not right for everyone..if I can be of any help feel free to pm me ..xx

Sorry but my advise is don't waste your money,
if you read around on the site you will see that most that have done home learn courses end up spending twice to go on and do a proper nail training course, one that is recognised by all insurance companies and gives you the opportunity to gain employment in a salon,
good luck in your decision.

Hi there and welcome to the site.

Before you make up your mind, please consider a classroom training course. I trained with Creative and can really recommend them, I would never have been able to learn doing a home course - it is a hands on thing in my opinion.

For details of their courses you can ring Sweet Squared (official UK distributors) on 0845 210 6060 - good luck:)

If you have decided to do a home course, then I would recommend Essential Nails hun. If you do a seach on them you will see a lot of threads about it, good and bad.
It worked for me I am on my third course with them but its not right for everyone..if I can be of any help feel free to pm me ..xx

Thats who I have been looking at Essential nails, I ordered a brosure today, so hopefully it will be here tomorrow.
Have you done well with them hun?

Sorry but my advise is don't waste your money,
if you read around on the site you will see that most that have done home learn courses end up spending twice to go on and do a proper nail training course, one that is recognised by all insurance companies and gives you the opportunity to gain employment in a salon,
good luck in your decision.

Thanks for your advice hun.
When I rang Essential nails they said their course is recognised. xx

Well I have my own home salon and do some mobile as well, I have done the gel, maint. and I am oing the Acrylic sculpt at the moment. They are recognised and you can get insurance, you can also do conversion courses if required with other company's but not with Creative as they dont recognise home learn courses.
I dont regret my decision, like I said it worked for me, but you do need to have commitment to keep going with it. xxx

Thanks for your advice hun.
When I rang Essential nails they said their course is recognised. xx
It is, by some but not all, lots of companies wont allow you to do a conversion course and most reputable salons will not employ you with a qualification from essential nails,
would you want to visit a GP who did their training via a video :hug:

hey hun i have done a course with essential nails and i would highly recommend it i am onto my 3rd course i work for my self and also worked in 3 salons so you can get employed in salons and you can get insurance, like suzie said its not for everyone but it has worked for me and worked for a lot of people out there.
read the information they send you and see what you think, there is also comments at the bottom of the courses on the website with peoples comments on it.

i have had in salon course training and i found that wasnt for me as theres so much to take in, in a small amount of time and i wasted alot of money . With essential nails you can do it in your own time and you get a certificate to get your insurance and the course comes with the complete kit.

let us no how you get on :)

Both the guild and professional beauty will insure you with an EN cert dont know about any others...

You can do a conversion course with NSI,Lechat with and EN cert again dont know about any others...

Its what will work for you some people seem to think that if you learn via home learn then you will be a naff nail technician or thats the inpression that i get from some fellow geeks but there are some fab geeks on here that have done EN course and their nails are brilliant so all i will say is take on board the good and bad comments but do what is right for you.:hug:

iya! michele porter do nail courses u can on the web site and the information is all on there! :lol: xxxx

Latest posts

Back