nail critique as promised

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tantrum

Reaction score
Hi
As i said last night, i've posted these.
usually this girl's nails are perfect but with my luck (cos i promised to post) she had some done by a nss in the states n ripped them off so they were a bit battered plus she's a kickboxer.

note: she chewed her skin herself i didnt nick and theres yellow spots all over photo i think it was my lense there was a spray tan being done in room beside me.

Ok im in a comp on sunday so i need the truth.. i can see faults myself

Am i good enough for a competition??
Pam x

Last edited:
ok, i'll get the ball rolling....

smile and length look consistent and finish and zone 3 seem good.

the faults i am detecting is one of the side walls on the pinky seems to slope inwards. and i think you need to use a brighter white and somone with a longer nailbed for competition [though i'm not sure if you mean this is your model or not]

saying all that, its not a very clear photo and i have a small screen.
also, i know from experience that a set can look different in the flesh than they do on a photo.

hope thats been some help. i think you are good enough for competition, good luck with it .
ps i hate playboy:lol: jmo

OK...they look lovely, especially for someone who has done so much damage on their own! but for a comp the smiles need to smile more...hope you really don't take offense but for a comp practice you need to find a better model mate.
The oil covers a multitude of sins (none yours) but bear in mind that wouldn't happen in a comp.
If they were a set of salon nails I would say they were great but for a comp I think they need more work.
Well done on working on such a hard client! Good luck in finding a better model and I hope your comp goes well x

keep it going, i get offended by nothing!
yep i've a tendancy to taper inwards, i almost need to ignore sidewalls.

those nails would be my salon style, this client hates deep smiles for some reason. the white is whiter in the flesh cos her hands look tan in this too and they aint. i think if you click the image you can then zoom right in.

this is'nt my model thank god, oh and i hate playboy too i thought she would go for gucci but grabbed the playboys:lol:

thanks girls x

keep it going, i get offended by nothing!
yep i've a tendancy to taper inwards, i almost need to ignore sidewalls.

those nails would be my salon style, this client hates deep smiles for some reason. the white is whiter in the flesh cos her hands look tan in this too and they aint. i think if you click the image you can then zoom right in.

this is'nt my model thank god, oh and i hate playboy too i thought she would go for gucci but grabbed the playboys:lol:

thanks girls x

Don't beat yourself up about it...not many clients ask for deep smiles....it's more a comp thing.
I did zoom in on your pic hun and I wish you all the best xxx

sorry judy i mentioned the zoom cos angelfingers said she couldnt see it clearly xx

i'm defo gonna have to wear my mask on sunday and monday cos i feel a chest infection coming on:irked:

Im only newly qualified so i wont really criticise them!!! I think they look lovely, im going to the RDS on Sunday myself (not comp though because im just not good enough yet) but i'll be cheering ye on!! Hope you do well

Latest posts

Back