nail enhancements & swimming

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julie.castle3

Reaction score
should all nail enhancements with stand a client who swims alot. is gel better for this client or should all enhancements be o.k?

I am going to watch out for the answer for this one I would like to know this. I might one day need this info.

caz xxx

julie.castle3 said:
should all nail enhancements with stand a client who swims alot. is gel better for this client or should all enhancements be o.k?

Personally I would use a non porous gel for anyone who has their hands in water a lot - hairdressers, serious swimmers, obsessive hand washers etc, as you will have less problems with bacterial infections as the water can work its way through a porous product.

... But I have known swimmers to have l&p with no probs.

I would imagine that providing SolarOil is applied before swimming to the underside of the nail as well as the cuticle area there shouldn't be any problems.
I'm no expert though. I suppose it all comes down to the application.
xx

Hi

I have a couple of ladies who swim a lot - both are l&p wearers on their fingers and brisa gel on their toes - no probs with either ?! this is also the same for clients who go on holiday in swimming pools, the sea and all sorts - again they come back with no problems with either fingers or toes

I also have a hairdresser who's hands are constantly in water - again an l&p wearer on fingers with no probs

Most of my clients are avid Solar Oil users too

kx

I had a client who swam 3-4 days a week and she had a L&P overlay on her own nails with no problems at all. Only thing I found was that her nail enamel faded quite a lot at the free edge especially when she had a dark colour on, go figure?

Hello everyone!!!

Where do liquid and powder enhancements originate??? California?? Does swimming and pools come to mind? What is the most prefered product in the States? Liquid and powder. Do you think it is a probelm? NO

Water does not reptate through liquid and powder. The product is hydorohylic which means it lets moisture OUT and not IN. Swimming and L&P is NOT a problem as long as the client does her home maintenance of replacing lost oils to the enhancement.

geeg said:
Hello everyone!!!

Where do liquid and powder enhancements originate??? California?? Does swimming and pools come to mind? What is the most prefered product in the States? Liquid and powder. Do you think it is a probelm? NO

Water does not reptate through liquid and powder. The product is hydorohylic which means it lets moisture OUT and not IN. Swimming and L&P is NOT a problem as long as the client does her home maintenance of replacing lost oils to the enhancement.

wots reptate ?? :confused:

Reptate means to 'work its way slowly through'.

For example, Solar Oil reptates thru the product to the nailplate.

Latest posts

Back