Nail for Males Polish which is best?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Layla-Louise

Reaction score
When doing male manicures some people say they buff the names however men do not like their nails to be shiny or for other people to know its been done i have Orly's Nails for Males however once applied it still appears shiny and looks exactly like a man wearing polish lol i was wondering if their are any other brands that do a MaTT effect polish for Men when dried?

OPI do Nail Envy in a matt finish... I've not used it myself but have heard good things about it.

You could buff the nails 'lightly', not too much, just leaving them naturally shiny.

I have found nails for males to be quite good ....... BUT i have found it does age (in the bottle), and when it gets old it does shine.

I found it difficult to get a good bottle, so I gave up on it. I now use a satin buffer, but only to the white side, not the final shine.

If using a three-sided buffer, I just use the first two sides - that way you still get a smooth finish but without the high-gloss shine.

I offer Nails for Males at the salon but found that a lot of chaps don't actually like the feeling of a polish on their nails, so most just stick with the buffing.

Last edited:
Essie have their own version, called Man-E-cure ... it's a matt finish btw.

thankyou thats great come to think of it i have actually seen the man-e-cure polish youve mentioned might have to give it a try has the orly ones does leave a high shine which i know male clients will not want

When doing male manicures some people say they buff the names however men do not like their nails to be shiny or for other people to know its been done i have Orly's Nails for Males however once applied it still appears shiny and looks exactly like a man wearing polish lol i was wondering if their are any other brands that do a MaTT effect polish for Men when dried?

Layla - l - Orly also do a matt top coat; it's sorta peachy looking but that would do the trick too I would think and you can get from Graftons who I am assuming you use to get other Orly bits and pieces.

oh thankyou for that i guess that would be fine to use too as i thought the nails for males one has nutrients in to help feed the nail/cuticle area, i actually get my orders from ellisions, the beauty book but havent tried graftons i will do now though

oh thankyou for that i guess that would be fine to use too as i thought the nails for males one has nutrients in to help feed the nail/cuticle area, i actually get my orders from ellisions, the beauty book but havent tried graftons i will do now though
hmm, not sure about feeding nail/cuticle area :lick:... great marketing tool but I reckon you'd be better using the Orly Matt and a good cuticle oil / exfoliator.. make the guys buy it as a retail item and then you make more moola from the service! :D

my male clients like the finish when i buff nails with a paste and a chamois buffer

nails are smooth but not too much of a shine to them

Hiya

NSI SPAritual also do a polish for men - havnt used it myself but supposed to be really good!

As Sandi mentioned above the OPI matte nail envy is a nice one for men.
It gives a lovely finish on the nails. Makes them look neat and clean. Personally I prefer it on myself rather than a gloss. I just love the finish. It hides imperfections too.

SpaRitual do a polish for men and its called Amigo i use it on all my male clients it goes on shiny but dries matt and they are all fine with it.
HTH.
:lol:

Hi,
I use the SpaRitual Amigo Matt for men, from NSI.
It goes on shiny, but dries to a nice healthy looking matt finish, I have used it on hubby and he is fine with it. It stops the edge of the nails from flaking and chipping. A really good product. Lol x.:hug:

my husband loves having his nails done and always has even before i got into nails but he does not like the mens polishes. he does not like the feeling of polish on nails says he can feel it all the time even when he first wakes up lol . he loves shiny smooth nails though so i can buff to my hearts content just no polish matt or otherwise

Last edited:
I wish more men had their nails done!

My wife has treated me to pedicures using a buffer to produce a nice clean-looking shine, but recently she used a gray/silver polish on them that really looked awesome. It's not a color that I think a woman would like, but it sure make my feet look a lot better than just plain nails. It's sandal weather here now, so now I wear it all of the time. I get a lot of compliments, so I'm feeling that it works.

Has anyone else had any experience with men wearing polish? It seems like there may be that initial hurdle to get over for most men (feeling that it will look gay), but I didn't have that experience. I thought it was a great idea and just went with it!

Has anyone else had any experience with men wearing polish? It seems like there may be that initial hurdle to get over for most men (feeling that it will look gay), but I didn't have that experience. I thought it was a great idea and just went with it!

I've never had a problem with wearing polish on fingers and toes - I think it looks good.

Jake - when it becomes the fashion we can say we were trendsetters!

:)

a gray/silver polish on them that really looked awesome.

jake where did you aquire the polish mentioned ..sounds good

How would you go about sanitising a chamois buffer effectively, please?
:)

Latest posts

Back