Nail Harmony UK shipping to Northern Ireland?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natsturgeon

Reaction score
I ordered my gelish hard gel from nail harmony uk as Sally's don't stock it and received an email today to say my order has been cancelled and refunded as they do not cover Ireland. I've replied saying I live in northern Ireland ie the uk and the royal mail postage costs are the same to post to Ni as they are within England Scotland Wales. Can anybody help me out here? Anyone live in Ni and use gelish hard gel? Where do you get it. If I order from southern ireland (if there is nail harmony ireland I haven't even checked) but postage costs will be more from southern Ireland to Ni than uk to Ni sounds crazy as sane island but true. Panicking now I need this ASAP. A bit annoyed nail harmony didn't call to explain email was very short and unhelpful.

Help please!

Hun I know! I just got told by sweet squared that postage to NI was £18!!!! I said but we are part of the uk and said it didn't matter because we were overseas!! Why are we always excluded?? I'm totally raging mad at the minute!!!

Hun I know! I just got told by sweet squared that postage to NI was £18!!!! I said but we are part of the uk and said it didn't matter because we were overseas!! Why are we always excluded?? I'm totally raging mad at the minute!!!

Let me explain as I have made enquiries about this .. in actual fact, the rate for flammable goods sent overseas to NI is not 18.00 it is actually 36.00 and S2 pay half the costs for you!

It is not allowed to send flammable goods through the normal POST so, the goods have to be sent by courier and 36.00 is the charge .... outrageous it may seem, but that is what it is and no one is making any money off the rate other than the courier.

The reason you have been lucky in the past (we have now found through investigation) is that your details were filled in as being mainland UK AND NOT OVERSEAS NI. Remember that lables are printed out automatically, no one types them or sees them to catch this mistake and so your orders went through as a mainland post to the UK. That has now been changed to the correct details so, I guess the party is over ... but S2 are still paying half the cost of that for you. :hug:

Thanks for letting me explain.

We technicians all hate post and packing charges but charges there must be.

Not to hijack the thread - but just wanted to say that the CND distributor in Ireland ships to NI and I believe they have just set up an NI sub distributor so that should help :)

I don't blame S2 etc It just seems we're only UK when it suits

There is a Gelish distributor in Lisburn

Phone 00 44 28 9266 1617

I don't blame S2 etc It just seems we're only UK when it suits

In fairness S2 are being compliant with postage rules etc and the simple fact is that delivering to Birmingham is a bit different from Belfast...no courier company will charge the same amount when it has to go overseas irrespective of whether the country in question is under UK rule!
I think them bearing half the cost is a LOT more than any other supplier would do.

I know I understand that, as I said it's not S2 etc it's the couriers and UK laws etc..

They should just build a bridge from Northern Ireland to Scotland lol

Haha indeed a bridge would be handy! There's stuff in S2 that we can't get here but Creative Academy in Dublin are fantastic and worth looking at for ordering from.

It is pretty fair that couriers charge more, there would be something wrong if it cost the same when it's to cross the Irish sea! If Creative Dublin were shipping to England and charging same as I pay for postage then I'd not be a happy bunny and I would think it's overcharging me or I'm absorbing to cost somehow.
I am lucky to be able to just drive to them though, it's not far from where I live.

Yes I know what you mean, I'd be pretty annoyed as well, unfortunately it's just tough luck :) but if we want good quality products it's worth the postage x

hi i ordered from nail harmony yesterday and im pretty sure i saw it was £10 postage to ireland :0)

Hi There Ladies, I would be delighted to help you with any of your concerns in relation to Gelish, i understand your feelings in relation to postage however if at any time any of you would prefer to visit our warehouse, i would be delighted to welcome you into it and you can leave with the products on the day. Thewarehouse is open form 9am-5pm Mon-Fri
Hope to see you soon.
Leia:lol:

I live in N.I and order from Posh International in Lisburn. My items were all delivered the next day. Great customer service.

Latest posts

Back