Nail picker!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riss

Reaction score
I am a nail tech and have not worn nails for a while...whenever I do them, I pick them off within a few days! I love nails, love having them on, love doing them but can't keep from picking them! I did them tonight, and I have already picked at one so that it has almost completely lifted. Any suggestions to quit my bad habit? I have thought about just not wearing nails, but since I do nails..I think it's important that I do? suggestions?

I am a nail tech and have not worn nails for a while...whenever I do them, I pick them off within a few days! I love nails, love having them on, love doing them but can't keep from picking them! I did them tonight, and I have already picked at one so that it has almost completely lifted. Any suggestions to quit my bad habit? I have thought about just not wearing nails, but since I do nails..I think it's important that I do? suggestions?

What are you picking at? where do you start picking from? there shouldnt be any lifting if you only just done them. You need to kick the habit or not wear them or it may cost you some potential clients.

Wear Nail Polish or better yet if you are a working nail technician, wear Minx veneers.

When you wear polish in the salon it does get wrecked with solvents but with Minx ... solvents have no effect on them so you can work for weeks and they stay looking perfect.

Having a colour or design on your nails stops picking very well. Otherwise don't wear enhancements or your bad habit will ruin your nails (not a good advert for any nail technician).

As a nail tech you think its important you wear nails yet you pick them....so you dont think its as important that you dont pick them!...Your nails reflect on your business...imo better to have clean and tidy natural nails than wear 'picked at' enhancements...thats not going to give a very good impression to potential clients is it.

One of the most frustrating thing about clients is them picking and prising at their nails...:eek: then blaming you for the damage caused....spreading the word that enhancements damage your nails! :irked: How can you expect your clients to not pick when you do it yourself!!

As stephen points out...how do you manage to pick them? perhaps you should work on your application and make sure theres no way you can pick at them...failing that....dont wear them! x

Wear a bright nail enamel (or a solvent resistant colour)! It makes you more aware of your fingers. I too was a picker...can't help myself, but a bright polish really helped me break the habit! Also, cuticle oil so cuticles are in better condition. You need to eliminate any opportunity to pick in the area. H:)pe that helps!

Latest posts

Back