Nail polish remover to get fake tan off?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YvonneW2011

Reaction score
Hi all, one of my friends just posted on fb there asking if anyone knew the best way to remove fake tan as her mum had gone all streaky (she used a gradual tanner). Anyway someone replied to her saying nail polish remover would help. Am I missing something here, does it work? I would've thought it would irrate the skin somewhat? I told her the best way to get rid of tan would be to scrub it off and a long soak in the bath. Has anyone used nail polish remover?

would not recommend it, ive used bicarb and lemon juice but only on hands and feet, wouldnt recommend for full body, best advice is exfoliate, it may even the tan out too.

Have a look through threads from the last couple of days....apparently microfibre cloths work wonders!
Kx

yep, microfibre cloth wrung out to almost dry - A-MA-ZING!

I don't find that nail polish remover even works but have only ever used on my hands. A new client of mine was telling me that she had a spray tan done in a salon and she ended up with really orange palms so she called the salon and the girl said to her "oh don't worry that happens a lot so get some cillit bang and just pour it over your hands". :irked:

Pmsl!! One bang & the dirt is gone!!! Xx

OOoo no i wouldnt use nail polish remover! obivously this wouldnt work for her but before i got tan all over my palms and there were bright orange... later in the evening i was waxing my sister and ended up getting it all over my hands(Don't ask lol) so had to wax it off any hey presto the tan came off with it!!

x x

i will never forget my first sprat tan, automatic booth... i was going on a first date with a hot guy on the saturday night. so friday morning i went for my tan, explained i was really nervous, it had to be good. Was reassured were always good. The therapist explained what would happen, what poses to take, when to turn round etc, and at the end the bar woulg go to the bottom, then come half way up, at that point my tan was complete and i could leave the booth.....hmmmmm....
all was going really well, until the end, rather than the bar go down, then come up haf way and stop, it didnt stop, all of a sudden it made strange noises and it was like.... a hundred excited men all ejaculated on me at once... the machine just keep shooting tan at me. when i stepped outside, i was dripping with tan. The therapist said she owuld correct it- so she wiped me down and sent me in again. It done the same thing!!! again was reassured not to worry, it would wash off and be fine!
when i stopped at my mums, she told me i had better not go down to see my horses, as they would think i was a carrot and try to eat me- i was at this point looking awful, getting more orange and stripey/patchy by the second!
The next morning after 2 showers and constant exfoliation i still looked awful. I rang the salon , and was told to use bleach and water or milton! i tried both, which irritated my skin so i was then streaky orange with red inflamed patches....
i still went on my date, just went to a quiet pub and sat in a dark corner! He did ask to see me again, but i never , ever had a booth spray tan again!
sorry didnt help, but may make you chuckle! x

I've got a product from 'vie at home' called vanishing act, which corrects fake tan errors. It's ok but it doesn't get rid of it straight away. More gradual

I use whitening toothpaste to get it off my hands, works a treat! also been told dishwasher tablets are very effective! must be the slight bleach.

lemon juice also works.

Latest posts

Back